[SOLVED] Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 RGB not working issue

So I have this card for almost a year and it was always working fine, today when I turned my PC on and it booted up, I noticed that the lights on my GPU didn't turn red like they always do when the PC boots up and the AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE software launches. I have had them set to constant red light for more than 6 months but today it just refuses to change the colors. I have tried everything I could imagine, fully uninstalled the gigabyte sofware and reinstalled it, removed the GPU and put it back. turned the pc off multiple times, but so far no luck and it's still stuck to this blue color :( 

Has anybody got any ideas on what I can do to fix this? It's really annoying.

Just now, Millidan said:

Update - So I managed to fix this problem here is the solution for future reference:

1. Uninstall every GIGABYTE/AORUS software completly
  2. Download and Install DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) 
  3. Fully uninstall your Nvidia drivers
  4. Restart your system
  5. Install newly downloaded Nvidia drivers first(important!)
  6. Install AORUS Graphics Engine after that and you should get your rgb controls back

Hope this helps :) 

photo_2018-05-21_23-57-58.thumb.jpg.b551fa95907b4f62a7d38abed4cd3e26.jpg

Capture.PNG.94b5482bb2bec7f4574d17be90b46eed.PNG

At least you have the LED menu in your Aorus software.
I had issues with it for weeks when I first got my card where the LED menu didn't show up at all in the program. Even now it still disappears sporadically and I'm afraid to even open the software in case it disappears again.

Ironically my 1080ti was displaying red by default and I wanted it blue. :D

Try setting it to a different colour (ie green), then applying the changes, checking whether or not it changed the lighting, then setting the colour to red and hitting apply again.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

At least you have the LED menu in your Aorus software.
I had issues with it for weeks when I first got my card where the LED menu didn't show up at all in the program. Even now it still disappears sporadically and I'm afraid to even open the software in case it disappears again.

Ironically my 1080ti was displaying red by default and I wanted it blue. :D

Try setting it to a different colour (ie green), then applying the changes, checking whether or not it changed the lighting, then setting the colour to red and hitting apply again.

I tried that multiple times, It applies the color and changes in the software window but it doesn't change anything on the card itself :| I even installed the old gigabyte XTREME software thing and that is acting similar. They don't change anything on the GPU.

1 minute ago, Millidan said:

I tried that multiple times, It applies the color and changes in the software window but it doesn't change anything on the card itself :| I even installed the old gigabyte XTREME software thing and that is acting similar. They don't change anything on the GPU.

Honestly mate, don't waste your time trying to install the older software or reinstall the Gigabyte stuff. It doesn't help. Trust me. I've tried. Many times.
The Aorus software is absolute trash. Makes me wish I got an Asus Strix.

image.png.8e87e7eb1638c1f3d9e9fd539f5c3920.png

Speaking of which, I just loaded up the software to see if I can have a look at the options to find anything that can help you, and my LED menu has disappeared again.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Honestly mate, don't waste your time trying to install the older software or reinstall the Gigabyte stuff. It doesn't help. Trust me. I've tried. Many times.
The Aorus software is absolute trash. Makes me wish I got an Asus Strix.

Speaking of which, I just loaded up the software to see if I can have a look at the options to find anything that can help you, and my LED menu has disappeared again.

haha, This is probably the last time I'm buying anything from Gigabyte, aside from issues with their cancerous software, the triple fan cooler on their card is pure trash. loud and weak. 

3 minutes ago, Millidan said:

haha, This is probably the last time I'm buying anything from Gigabyte, aside from issues with their cancerous software, the triple fan cooler on their card is pure trash. loud and weak. 

The cooler on mine is fantastic. The card as a whole is fantastic. The only problem is the Gigabyte Aorus Software is trash.

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The cooler on mine is fantastic. The card as a whole is fantastic. The only problem is the Gigabyte Aorus Software is trash.

Yeah the Aorus series have good coolers. Mine is from the G1 series and it 's garbage.

Still not showing the LED option for me, so can't really help you out.

I'm 90% sure that I've had the exact problem that you're experiencing once before. Would have been months ago so unfortunately I can't remember how I fixed it, sorry.

The software has a few issues if it isn't set to run at startup, so make sure it's set to run at startup in the softwares settings and in the windows startup menu in task manager. I know toggling that has fixed some issues with it in the past.

Still not showing the LED option for me, so can't really help you out.

I'm 90% sure that I've had the exact problem that you're experiencing once before. Would have been months ago so unfortunately I can't remember how I fixed it, sorry.

The software has a few issues if it isn't set to run at startup, so make sure it's set to run at startup in the softwares settings and in the windows startup menu in task manager. I know toggling that has fixed some issues with it in the past.

Thanks for trying mate, I have it set to start with windows so I don't think that's the issue.

5 minutes ago, Millidan said:

Thanks for trying mate, I have it set to start with windows so I don't think that's the issue.

Check the Startup menu in task bar just to be sure. It will be listed as "autorun" in the list (yeah, good job naming that one Gigabyte)
For some reason it appears twice as two separate programs for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if I enable the other one to run at start up and disable the one that is currently enabled I can get my LED menu to come back.

image.png.d8a45dbd09bf24b8b13486ce35dfae71.png

Check the Startup menu in task bar just to be sure. It will be listed as "autorun" in the list (yeah, good job naming that one Gigabyte)
For some reason it appears twice as two separate programs for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if I enable the other one to run at start up and disable the one that is currently enabled I can get my LED menu to come back.

Yeah, I only have one of them and it's enabled. 

I wouldn't touch anything If I was you, It can break at any time :D 

Capture.PNG.21ee1c1c6184fe825c326511b991c6f4.PNG

Update - So I managed to fix this problem here is the solution for future reference:

1. Uninstall every GIGABYTE/AORUS software completly
  2. Download and Install DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) 
  3. Fully uninstall your Nvidia drivers
  4. Restart your system
  5. Install newly downloaded Nvidia drivers first(important!)
  6. Install AORUS Graphics Engine after that and you should get your rgb controls back

Hope this helps :) 

• 4 months later...

I have same issue. I tried every solutions. But it stucks at please wait screen. What should I do?

• 1 month later...

I just got this card, and have been trying everything to change the rbg on it the past few days. nothing works. Even the stop fan rgb it always on, even during a heaven benchmark. I tried Millidan's fix, nothing.. just opens the rgb fusion and all i see it the MoBo and ram. As of now, mine is stuck on red, no effects of any kind.

• 9 months later...

Guys I managed to fix this by uninstalling the aorus vga utility and the lights came up after a system restart.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, just unistale the other programs of Gigabite Aorus, The control (something) and the Easy Tune

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, it is old thread, but it is a new problem for me. It is always red, and I cant fix it with all ways that I see here. Please help