School Computer Room

Dear Linus,

This is my computer room at my highschool.

IMG_20180521_143537.thumb.jpg.5aadb6011d3d7a8f0be9e5299d9125fa.jpg

IMG_20180521_143529.jpg

IMG_20180521_143515.jpg

No offense but I believe that I have seen better looking boat anchors down at the dock.  Hard to believe that a school is still hanging on to this old stuff.  In the bottom pic though is an exact duplicate of my Tandy Radio Shack Model 1 Level 2.  It had 16 kilobytes of ram but the floppies in my machine were 8 inch vertical and not 5 inch horizontal.  Might want to hang on to that old Commodore 64 in the second pic though, they can still play the old games if you have them.

35 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

No offense but I believe that I have seen better looking boat anchors down at the dock.  Hard to believe that a school is still hanging on to this old stuff.  In the bottom pic though is an exact duplicate of my Tandy Radio Shack Model 1 Level 2.  It had 16 kilobytes of ram but the floppies in my machine were 8 inch vertical and not 5 inch horizontal.  Might want to hang on to that old Commodore 64 in the second pic though, they can still play the old games if you have them.

It can be used as a learning tool to show students what old computers looked like. I would bet many students have no idea what this old stuff looked like.

That's such cool hardware :P. Not great for educational purposes though...

That's an F in the profile pic

6 hours ago, Catsrules said:

It can be used as a learning tool to show students what old computers looked like. I would bet many students have no idea what this old stuff looked like.

You can clearly see these are mostly there for display, you can see the modern PCs to the left of the first and second computer. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 hours ago, Froody129 said:

That's such cool hardware :P. Not great for educational purposes though...

Why not?

I think it is important to know a little bit about old technology. Gives kids some perceptive of where we where vs where we are now.

Just now, Catsrules said:

Why not?

I think it is important to know a little bit about old technology. Gives kids some perceptive of where we where vs where we are now.

I get that, but for using modern operating systems and learning various productivity softwares it's not going to be so good

That's an F in the profile pic

30 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I get that, but for using modern operating systems and learning various productivity softwares it's not going to be so good

Oh for sure :) But from the photos doesn't look like they are actually using these computers. 

I mean it's a room filled with computers, so yeah let's call it a computer room, why not

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

10 hours ago, Volk said:

Dear Linus,

This is my computer room at my highschool.

IMG_20180521_143537.thumb.jpg.5aadb6011d3d7a8f0be9e5299d9125fa.jpg

I'm curious, what the second item on the middle shelf is (left to right). Anyone know?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.