INSIGNIA NS-PMG278 Review

This Insignia Monitor is a discontinued/refurbished and advertised as a TN panel with Freesync running 1440p at 144hz

Pros:

-Great size and weight; easily mounted on a VESA arm
-Decent color
-Comes with all display cables (DVI, HDMI, & Displayport)
-Relatively small bezel
-Great menu options

Cons:

-menu ui is awful
-Bezel is glossy, which can reflect the screen on the inside of the bezel. 
-bad viewing angles
-stock stand angles arent great 
-does NOT come with a USB A/B cable to utilize the USB ports 
-Included cables are a tad short
-"freesync"?

Other Thoughts:

This is my first 1440p monitor. I was suspicious at first because the only other "reviews" dont actually address the device but the lack of fulfilling the order. This 'refurb' is practically brand new. It does VERY well and even has the option of 'response time' in the menu for more fast paced games, Why this panel was discontinued I will never know. I really like my Insignia TV and I can definitely add this monitor to the list.

I'd also like to add that I believe this particular panel uses Viewsonic/Asus refurb parts (just as my TV has a samsung panel). Insignia seems to recycle old components are use them in their own products, and it definitely works. Lastly, using the Asus VG248QE color profile panel make the colors nices imo.

*This is my personal impressions of this monitor. There are other that are probably worth the money, but do believe this is a steal for the price* 

1508.jpeg

A great review but I THINK (I'm not completely sure) that this belongs in the member reviews section. It's easy to miss because it's at the bottom of the main page. 

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2018 at 8:23 PM, Raging-Storm said:

How is this holding up? Thought about getting one myself?

Very nicely! I love it. I still havent been able to use it in combination with my other monitor for schoolwork, but it looks nice. I will say that some things are weird, though. You can toggle freesync on? But I'm unsure if that really does anything performance-wise. The bezels are gloss, which can be annoying, but I play games at night, so it doesnt really bother me. Colors are WAY better than on my asus vg248qe monitor. I can't complain. I'm always looking for deals, and I am super happy with this purchase. 

• 2 months later...

Im looking to buy this monitor, I want to use it for my xbox one x its almost perfect cause i have no intrest in 4k i just want that 120hz refresh rate the only thing i want to know and cant find anywhere is if it has hdmi 2.0?

15 hours ago, tesecumj said:

Im looking to buy this monitor, I want to use it for my xbox one x its almost perfect cause i have no intrest in 4k i just want that 120hz refresh rate the only thing i want to know and cant find anywhere is if it has hdmi 2.0?

I LOVE this monitor. From the manual, it does use an HDMI 2.0. If you have the room, I say invest. I think its worth the money