Is my PC dead?

I recently purchased an i7-7700k and an h100i V2 watercooler for it, running on an MSI SLI PLUS Atx motherboard, every time I turn on the main power (from the PSU) the fans, ram and cooler will light up, as well as a CPU debug light. I found a bent pin earlier in the day but straightened it out perfectly with tweezers, something may have died, could the motherboard be dead or the CPU? I’ve invested a lot of money in this system and I can’t afford to buy these components again.

Have this machine worked before, or is it just built and wont post (and havent posted before) ?

I would recommend removing all the RAM sticks, hard resetting the bios, and insert one RAM stick into 'DIMM1' slot and see if it posts, consult your motherboard manual if you are unsure with slot is DIMM1. I have had this problem before on a couple of intel chipsets (the most notorious being X99), with this solving the problem.

Also, what is the exact model of your motherboard?

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

12 minutes ago, AdamA17 said:

I recently purchased an i7-7700k and an h100i V2 watercooler for it, running on an MSI SLI PLUS Atx motherboard, every time I turn on the main power (from the PSU) the fans, ram and cooler will light up, as well as a CPU debug light. I found a bent pin earlier in the day but straightened it out perfectly with tweezers, something may have died, could the motherboard be dead or the CPU? I’ve invested a lot of money in this system and I can’t afford to buy these components again.

If you managed to bend a pin on an Intel platform, you've either a) bumped or stuck something into the socket without due care or attention, or b) you've installed the CPU incorrectly without due care or attention. 

Either way, a detailed explanation of how you went about building this system as it seems this is a new build that never posted ever. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

10 minutes ago, Fredrikmikael said:

Have this machine worked before, or is it just built and wont post (and havent posted before) ?

I would recommend removing all the RAM sticks, hard resetting the bios, and insert one RAM stick into 'DIMM1' slot and see if it posts, consult your motherboard manual if you are unsure with slot is DIMM1. I have had this problem before on a couple of intel chipsets (the most notorious being X99), with this solving the problem.

Also, what is the exact model of your motherboard?

It has never posted or booted before, and I’m not sure what’s wrong with it. The exact model of the motherboard is the “MSI Z270 SLI PLUS”, the PC would originally not boot but the fans and lights would rapidly start and stop repeatedly. Is there a way to reset the motherboard? My entire house is carpeted and I’m worried that some static electricity may have damaged a component 

14 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

If you managed to bend a pin on an Intel platform, you've either a) bumped or stuck something into the socket without due care or attention, or b) you've installed the CPU incorrectly without due care or attention. 

Either way, a detailed explanation of how you went about building this system as it seems this is a new build that never posted ever. 

I’m certain that the motherboard CPU housing was delivered with the bent pin, because I’m very diligent and careful with the insertion of the processing unit, this is not my first build but this issue is new to me.

How long ago did you buy the motherboard? the DoA(Dead on Arrival) time can be anywhere between 7days to upwards of a month.

I would contact the retailer you bought the motherboard from to try to get a DoA or RMA claim through, arguing that you got a defective product. It is hard for the manufacturers to disprove such a claim and most of them auto-accept them as it is not worth their time to investigate the validity of such claims. In some cases you walk out with a brand new motherboard right away. If it has been over a month since the purchase your only hope may be to try warranty, which is a bit harder.

TL;DR

Contact the retailer you bought the MB from to tell them your MB showed up defective.

EDIT: Grammar...

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

5 hours ago, Fredrikmikael said:

How long ago did you buy the motherboard? the DoA(Dead on Arrival) time can be anywhere between 7days to upwards of a month.

I would contact the retailer you bought the motherboard from to try to get a DoA or RMA claim through, arguing that you got a defective product. It is hard for the manufacturers to disprove such a claim and most of them auto-accept them as it is not worth their time to investigate the validity of such claims. In some cases you walk out with a brand new motherboard right away. If it has been over a month since the purchase your only hope may be to try warranty, which is a bit harder.

TL;DR

Contact the retailer you bought the MB from to tell them your MB showed up defective.

EDIT: Grammar...

I received the motherboard from eBay, what then?

If you touched a radiator before handling the components then you shouldn't have done any static damage. I always build in carpeted rooms and not once lost something to static.

Dispute it with ebay/Paypal if you suspect the parts themselves are broken, if its 2nd hand there is no guarantee it was working in the first place. Just to double check the motherboard is the correct chipset for the CPU? Im sure it is just had to ask as friend recently had an issue similar for the 8th gen CPUs when he got the older chipset.... sadly this probably isnt your issue but thought I would mention it.

1 hour ago, SneerRolts said:

If you touched a radiator before handling the components then you shouldn't have done any static damage. I always build in carpeted rooms and not once lost something to static.

Dispute it with ebay/Paypal if you suspect the parts themselves are broken, if its 2nd hand there is no guarantee it was working in the first place. Just to double check the motherboard is the correct chipset for the CPU? Im sure it is just had to ask as friend recently had an issue similar for the 8th gen CPUs when he got the older chipset.... sadly this probably isnt your issue but thought I would mention it.

I touched the radiator quit a bit in the construction, I'm gonna try one more method to see if the computer will POST, but as of right now I am filing a return for the product just in case this doesn't work. I still can't pinpoint where the real issue could be, it could be the CPU or motherboard, someone told me that my PSU is underpowered (430w EVGA) but I calculated the necessary power beforehand and this rig only needs 270w to function, this is because the GPU I ordered has not yet been installed.

The components are as follows:

i7-7700k 

Corsair H100i V2

16gb DDR4 2700 mHz

Kingston 120gb SSD

1TB HDD
430W EVGA PSU