I need recommendations on IEMs with the best possible imaging for budget ($500-600)

InvertedEar

I've been going to LANs and internet cafes rather alot and as much as I'd like to bring my K702's around and my Schiit Fulla 2, I've later on been spoiled with carrying things lighter and smaller (easier to hide, less attention from potential thieves... I got mugged by some pricks one time on the way home because they wanted my K702... I still don't know who they are, but they took nothing from me other than my headphones that day. I had no choice but to buy another K702). The reason I want IEMs with the best possible imaging is because I can live with reasonably claustrophobic soundstage as long as I can determine the direction of where they are coming from, and I'm rather very competitive (I play Siege, CSGO, OW, Paladins, and QC, but I mostly play Siege as of late). In terms of preferred genres, I listen to Orchestra, RnB, JPop, Jazz, Kpop, and I'm a little bit all over the place, but most of the time, when I listen, and I know the music I'm listening to has musical placements in the recordings, I like to play a little game with myself on determining where the instruments are, plus I have other headphones if I want to have a less sterile experience after using my K702, which are the HD600's, DT1990, and Alpha Dogs.

So, yeah, for my budget, I'd like one with the best possible imaging for IEMs. Soundstage on IEMs is a bonus, provided it doesn't mess with imaging (HD800's felt like it had an artificial soundstage to me because it really felt like the imaging is worse than my K702, atleast to my ear), matching them to my preferred genres is also a bonus, but I'm fine if its not considered.

I personally use the AVARA AV2 and im very happy with it, more or less i agree with this description: "Very neutral and transparent iem. Detailed with slightly more forward highs in my opinion which enhances the clarity. Although the highes are a little more forward, there are no sign of sibilant or harsh. Might appear dry to some but very much to my liking. I would compare these to SE425 with a cleaner bass. Better resolution and separation. But the stage is slightly smaller than the AV1Source

Massdrop+ IEMS are very interesting, i would like to try it sometime. Have a look at it..

One of the references out there: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-ranking-list-170-entries-11-05-update.857498/

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

52 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

I personally use the AVARA AV2 and im very happy with it, more or less i agree with this description: "Very neutral and transparent iem. Detailed with slightly more forward highs in my opinion which enhances the clarity. Although the highes are a little more forward, there are no sign of sibilant or harsh. Might appear dry to some but very much to my liking. I would compare these to SE425 with a cleaner bass. Better resolution and separation. But the stage is slightly smaller than the AV1Source

Massdrop+ IEMS are very interesting, i would like to try it sometime. Have a look at it..

One of the references out there: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-ranking-list-170-entries-11-05-update.857498/

I'll check them out.

I recommend getting the Alclair RSM Quad, it's a custom in ear.

15 minutes ago, xtroria said:

I'll check them out as well.

15 hours ago, nicobombai said:

12 hours ago, xtroria said:

Do both of you know of a universal IEM alternative to those? I mean, sure, I checked the headfi IEM ranking list, and checking reviews and what not, but I have to say... most of the headfi reviews I read when it comes to IEMs, half the time, don't describe the imaging.

8 hours ago, InvertedEar said:

Do both of you know of a universal IEM alternative to those? I mean, sure, I checked the headfi IEM ranking list, and checking reviews and what not, but I have to say... most of the headfi reviews I read when it comes to IEMs, half the time, don't describe the imaging.

I haven't tried lots of IEM as im still working my way through them. For massdrop+, i haven't personally used them but i believe Crinacle's review on them is valid as he's one of those picky person regarding iems, so if its in the A category it will be great in all terms including imaging.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

10 hours ago, InvertedEar said:

I personally own the alclair rsm quad. IMO one of it’s strength is it’s imaging. It doesnt have the largest sound stage in the world but you can always tell easily what each instrument is doing in a busy passage of music

3 minutes ago, xtroria said:

I personally own the alclair rsm quad. IMO one of it’s strength is it’s imaging. It doesnt have the largest sound stage in the world but you can always tell easily what each instrument is doing in a busy passage of music

I mean, I really want to go for those, but I'm not sure I'm in for the hassle of going to to an audiologist for an impression. Its more of I got hustled by doctors here for medical and cosmetic reasons, not sure if I can trust them.