Anyone good at AI ?

zindan
50 minutes ago, tikker said:

I  invite you to try a few matches against Smashbot (https://github.com/altf4/SmashBot) and report back to us on your findings. For a moment it looked like you were coming around, but there's no convincing you it seems other than smashing you (yes,pun intended :P). It's good to be stubborn, but with so much proof given it's pointless to keep denying it. No, SSBM is not Brawlhalla, but admit it: they are very similar. If an AI can be made that beats humans in Smash, it can be done in Brawlhalla. There's just hasn't been a worthwile incentive to do it yet I guess (read: to reinvent the wheel, kick in an open door, proof what has been proven).

On-topic:

Here's a learning AI version of the dinosaur game. Pretty interesting to see it evolve and figure out to wait before jumping and to duck.

I have never played that smash game but no its not so much like brawlhalla.... You have so much freedom in brawlhalla you can fast dash and jump around everywhere, you can fast fall and you can literally avoid a lot of stuff... No AI or any type of bot can beat me on brawlhalla. Of this I am certain.  Super smash or whatever its called is a lot more simple game. Go and try brawlhalla its only 250mb on steam free to play.   NO AI CAN BEAT ME ON BRAWLHALLA,  prove me wrong "experts" 

I have gotten a lot of useful opinions in this thread so it wasn't a waste creating the thread. But you do not convince me. No offense.

27 minutes ago, zindan said:

I have never played that smash game but no its not so much like brawlhalla.... You have so much freedom in brawlhalla you can fast dash and jump around everywhere, you can fast fall and you can literally avoid a lot of stuff... No AI or any type of bot can beat me on brawlhalla. Of this I am certain.  Super smash or whatever its called is a lot more simple game. Go and try brawlhalla its only 250mb on steam free to play.   NO AI CAN BEAT ME ON BRAWLHALLA,  prove me wrong "experts" 

I have gotten a lot of useful opinions in this thread so it wasn't a waste creating the thread. But you do not convince me. No offense.

So, I doubt anyone on the forum is going to sink huge sums of time into proving you wrong - it would be an extremely pyrrhic victory when that time could have been used to do something more useful or enjoyable. If you are convinced of something without any underlying theory to support that notion, and are not interested in doing the work to find out whether it is true, then that ignorance is your own burden to bear.

I will also say that it speaks to a kind of arrogance that will, I imagine, eventually lead you into some painful repercussions. When I was younger, I did a variant of the same thing and on more than one occasion and was humbled and bloodied for my behavior. It wasn't until I lost friends and jobs and felt the pain and humiliation that I brought on myself that I learned how much I had to learn.

Of course, its possible you are just trying to troll - if so I pity you because that is the habit of a person who instead of doing something useful just tries to tear others down. It will not only bring you no lasting joy but leave you useless and aimless while those around you do learn and grow. It is a sure way to lead a lousy life and achieve nothing of note.

As a final point, in the time you've spent on this thread you could have started learning something new and useful - the seeds to a profitable career, the foundations of some great endeavor, or perhaps just an amusing project. Imagine if instead you had asked for help in finding the answer yourself - where to start and what to do - how much more you would now know.

Web Developer and Java contractor

We should probably let this thread die since the useful discussion seems to have stopped 2 pages ago.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

10 hours ago, programmer said:

So, I doubt anyone on the forum is going to sink huge sums of time into proving you wrong - it would be an extremely pyrrhic victory when that time could have been used to do something more useful or enjoyable. If you are convinced of something without any underlying theory to support that notion, and are not interested in doing the work to find out whether it is true, then that ignorance is your own burden to bear.

I will also say that it speaks to a kind of arrogance that will, I imagine, eventually lead you into some painful repercussions. When I was younger, I did a variant of the same thing and on more than one occasion and was humbled and bloodied for my behavior. It wasn't until I lost friends and jobs and felt the pain and humiliation that I brought on myself that I learned how much I had to learn.

Of course, its possible you are just trying to troll - if so I pity you because that is the habit of a person who instead of doing something useful just tries to tear others down. It will not only bring you no lasting joy but leave you useless and aimless while those around you do learn and grow. It is a sure way to lead a lousy life and achieve nothing of note.

As a final point, in the time you've spent on this thread you could have started learning something new and useful - the seeds to a profitable career, the foundations of some great endeavor, or perhaps just an amusing project. Imagine if instead you had asked for help in finding the answer yourself - where to start and what to do - how much more you would now know.

Another Harry potter book, I am not reading comments that start the way you start them. So whatever you think you are right about my reply is okay thank you for your words, now go win the nobel prize. :D 

18 hours ago, zindan said:

None taken, and I don't think anyone takes offense in a hard-to-convince person, but your responses made it appear like you didn't put anything of value to what people were saying, but I'm not here to argue.

Trying your luck against Smashbot is likely the closest you'll get for the foreseeable future and I would highly suggest giving it a go if you can to see what AIs are capable of.

Does an AI have a chance of beating you? Definitely, proof has been given. It does, however, cost manpower and time which will most likely need to be off the clock. Your best bet would probably to try and create your own if you really want to proof it. Who knows, you might get more out of it if this kind of stuff is what you want to do eventually.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I think at this point the OP is not going to care about any response until someone goes

It's in its early stages, what do you think about this? 

Spoiler

.bot {
  color: red;
  font-weight: bolder;
}

Cascading Style Sheets seemed like a good option for a language. Not many people use CSS for making bots so I feel like if I can do it, it'd do a lot for me. 

17 minutes ago, fpo said:

Cascading Style Sheets seemed like a good option for a language. Not many people use CSS for making bots so I feel like if I can do it, it'd do a lot for me.

I'd maybe do

font-weight: boldest;

since we need to make this AI as strong as it can be.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

as per our Community Standards:

Community Standards

Generally speaking, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to disciplinary action:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.

<-LOCKED->