Anyone good at AI ?

zindan
2 hours ago, zindan said:

I wanna see this happen, anyone interested in creating a bot that can beat me at least? :)

Excuse me asking but … how old are you? It's very unlikely that people who know how to develop games and how to design good game AI will just invest weeks, months or more of unpaid time to develop something someone on the internet asked them to do while at the same time that very person is offending people who answered their question.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Well, while we're on the topic of "unbeatable AI", I recall Perfect Dark had a type of bot called Dark Sims. Going up against them is basically the near-equivalent of a perfect player.

I remember when the map included the FarSight (for those that don't know, it's a gun that shoots through walls), once they got it, you basically lost as you couldn't stay alive for more than 2 seconds.

37 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Excuse me asking but … how old are you? It's very unlikely that people who know how to develop games and how to design good game AI will just invest weeks, months or more of unpaid time to develop something someone on the internet asked them to do while at the same time that very person is offending people who answered their question.

I don't see what my age has anything to do with this. If you feel like I am a bad/stupid kind of person I assure you age is not always the answer. There are loads of dumb people who are over 40 years old.     

So just because something is unlikely we should not try it or what? Is that how you live your life? No thank you, keep that stupid way of thinking to yourself.    
However, I thought people said it was easy so no I would not expect it to take weeks. 
Many people might find this as fun and its a good way to improve their skills. It's not always about money, well for people like you it might be. "I feel sorry for you" 

Offending people?  Quote one offensive thing I have written in this thread. You might have misunderstood me because you don't seem to be very good at understanding people, I am more certain of this since you ask what my age is.

Now that I am finished writing what I wanted to say it makes me wonder really, what was the point of your comment? Do you expect that those who reads it will think that you are smart or were you trying to teach me something? 

38 minutes ago, zindan said:

I don't see what my age has anything to do with this. If you feel like I am a bad/stupid kind of person I assure you age is not always the answer. There are loads of dumb people who are over 40 years old.     

So just because something is unlikely we should not try it or what? Is that how you live your life? No thank you, keep that stupid way of thinking to yourself.    
However, I thought people said it was easy so no I would not expect it to take weeks. 
Many people might find this as fun and its a good way to improve their skills. It's not always about money, well for people like you it might be. "I feel sorry for you" 

Offending people?  Quote one offensive thing I have written in this thread. You might have misunderstood me because you don't seem to be very good at understanding people, I am more certain of this since you ask what my age is.

Now that I am finished writing what I wanted to say it makes me wonder really, what was the point of your comment? Do you expect that those who reads it will think that you are smart or were you trying to teach me something? 

Not to insult you, but please read about the dunning kruger effect. You have been making certain statements about something you don't understand very well. That doesn't make you a bad person, but it is a bad habit and will put people off who would otherwise be interested in helping you. Be more curious than certain and accept that the world is full of things you don't know. There is nothing wrong with not knowing, nor in deciding something won't bring you enough value to be worth learning, but there is in asserting the nature of things without having spent the effort to learn about them first. The wisest of men are awestruck not by the amount they know, but the vastness of the things they don't.

If you want to make AI then do enough research to ask concrete questions. Both deterministic and learning based AIs are going to be hard to write and I doubt anyone on the forum could simply "give" you the knowledge. If you already know how to program, go watch some videos on youtube that explain it in more depth. If you decide you want to write your own, a good course would give you a good foundation - there are classes on Udemy and other sites. Determine what exactly you want your AI to do, how much work it'd take you (at a minimum it will be a lot), and start learning.

Web Developer and Java contractor

8 minutes ago, programmer said:

Not to insult you, but please read about the dunning kruger effect. You have been making certain statements about something you don't understand very well. That doesn't make you a bad person, but it is a bad habit and will put people who would otherwise be interested in helping you off. Be more curious than certain and accept that the world is a very big and strange place full of things you don't know - even the smartest of people barely scratch the surface of the things there are to know.

If you want to make AI do enough research to ask concrete questions. Both deterministic and learning based AIs are going to be very hard to write and I doubt anyone on the forum could simply "give" you the knowledge. If you already know how to program, go watch some videos on youtube that explain it in more depth. If you decide you want to write your own, a good course would give you a foundation - there are classes on Udemy and other sites. Determine what exactly you want your AI to do, how much work it'd take you (at a minimum it will be a lot), and start learning.

Sorry about that. Thanks, will do. This is how you explain stuff not like the other dude.

1 hour ago, zindan said:

I was asking about your age because you seem very young and (not meant an offense) naive on how you approach these things. If you were a grown up person, who learned their stuff in school and maybe university you'd had an impression of how to tackle problems and if you'd worked for your money you had a proper impression of what you're basically asking for: skilled people sacrificing time worth thousands of dollars/euros. It's on a whole different level compared to asking on a forum for help on your own project. You're not even offering time and knowledge of your own, you're just saying: hey, someone make that for me. If you'd say "hey, I'd like to make that thing happen, anyone in on the project?" it would be a different story. But you're not and you don't even have an idea of what you're actually asking for. 

Your whole behaviour of asking people for information and then telling those very people who were willing to help you that they're wrong and it couldn't be done even though you have obviously no idea on how to do it yourself is offensive. I've mentioned that before just like other people did and all you did was reacting stroppily and petulantly.

Accusing me of not understanding people well is quite amusing since you still did not get what people were telling you. You're asking for information but act as if you knew more than everyone else on it. And since you've claimed for yourself to be allowed to express your opinion so am I and everyone else. Sending me a p.m. won't change that. The topic is interesting you're just making this thread unproductive they way you behave. It is not meant as an insult. But since you refuse to even consider that there might be something onto it I have to assume that you are pretty young or just horribly stubborn.

And just to be clear: I don't have any issue with you personally, it's just that the attitude you show off in this thread makes an interesting thread quite cumbersome to follow.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

11 hours ago, zindan said:

just my instinct. I am not saying it as a fact. I have a hard time believing it. give it a try? make a bot that can beat me atleast? :) that would be most impressive and if it’s as easy as you say it is then it shouldn’t take to long.

IF brawlhalla is a super smash bros rip off, you could write a program to read the memory used by Brawlhalla to get the values of positions and whatnot. IE memory address Player1 location is 5. Memory Location Player 2 is 7. Light attack range is 2. Use light attack. Evidence:

Spoiler

EDIT:

Someone else linked this video before me.... Anyway, I don't know the exact termonology to find bots similar but I'm positive there are cracks that get the game to play itself. 

2 hours ago, zindan said:

you don't seem to be very good at understanding people

I recommend taking a step back and re-reading your own posts with a self-reflective eye.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

3 hours ago, bowrilla said:

I was asking about your age because you seem very young and (not meant an offense) naive on how you approach these things. If you were a grown up person, who learned their stuff in school and maybe university you'd had an impression of how to tackle problems and if you'd worked for your money you had a proper impression of what you're basically asking for: skilled people sacrificing time worth thousands of dollars/euros. It's on a whole different level compared to asking on a forum for help on your own project. You're not even offering time and knowledge of your own, you're just saying: hey, someone make that for me. If you'd say "hey, I'd like to make that thing happen, anyone in on the project?" it would be a different story. But you're not and you don't even have an idea of what you're actually asking for. 

Your whole behaviour of asking people for information and then telling those very people who were willing to help you that they're wrong and it couldn't be done even though you have obviously no idea on how to do it yourself is offensive. I've mentioned that before just like other people did and all you did was reacting stroppily and petulantly.

Accusing me of not understanding people well is quite amusing since you still did not get what people were telling you. You're asking for information but act as if you knew more than everyone else on it. And since you've claimed for yourself to be allowed to express your opinion so am I and everyone else. Sending me a p.m. won't change that. The topic is interesting you're just making this thread unproductive they way you behave. It is not meant as an insult. But since you refuse to even consider that there might be something onto it I have to assume that you are pretty young or just horribly stubborn.

And just to be clear: I don't have any issue with you personally, it's just that the attitude you show off in this thread makes an interesting thread quite cumbersome to follow.

not even gonna bother to read anything of this. Whatever this harry potter book says my reply is "ok good job"

4 hours ago, zindan said:

not even gonna bother to read anything of this. Whatever this harry potter book says my reply is "ok good job"

ai will beat you at Brawlhalla, can we just agree on that? 

Edit: cant match you on steam. that game has no Linux version 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 5/20/2018 at 11:18 AM, fpo said:

AI CAN play any game. It’s complicated to do so. 

https://deepmind.com/research/publications/playing-atari-deep-reinforcement-learning/

AI CAN be tethered to cheese any game. 

AI just needs a smart cookie to get it done. 

this bot is my favorite. 

Too bad it isnt perfect, otherwise i can cheat my way to the legendary high score board. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

So you're basically wasting our time. Got it.

You guys are a bunch of cry babies. If you don't wanna reply to me or feel that I am ungrateful then just don't! Is it really that hard, just turn off notifications and save yourselves time. Don't like me, fine. Don't like the way I communicate, fine.  Don't bother to comment at all, just be gone. Thank you and bye. 

6 hours ago, wasab said:

ai will beat you at Brawlhalla, can we just agree on that? 

Edit: cant match you on steam. that game has no Linux version 

I don't know what that means. So you are on linux and you can't play brawlhalla is what you are saying? If you can play the game and you just can't find my steam id then give me yours.
Here is my steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198413120368/home

No AI can beat me :D:D:D     The technology won't exist for another 5 to 10 years - Tony stark. It's the same in this case. 

57 minutes ago, zindan said:

You guys are a bunch of cry babies. If you don't wanna reply to me or feel that I am ungrateful then just don't! Is it really that hard, just turn off notifications and save yourselves time. Don't like me, fine. Don't like the way I communicate, fine.  Don't bother to comment at all, just be gone. Thank you and bye. 

This is sounding like scrub like behavior. No wonder...

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

This is sounding like scrub like behavior. No wonder...

don't know what that is. I gave you simple instructions and it doesn't get any simpler. You just wanna stay here and start up some kind of drama, no thanks. You are now ignored.

@zindan

i am no expert but you are likely talking to others who hold several college post graduate degrees and design AI for their bread and butter.

dont be condescending. What they say are entirely valid. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

13 hours ago, wasab said:

this bot is my favorite. 

Too bad it isnt perfect, otherwise i can cheat my way to the legendary high score board. 

I like the A* Mario one I linked and this guy also makes a bot that plays that game with machine learning. It gets crazy at the end. 

Spoiler

8 hours ago, zindan said:

No AI can beat me :D:D:D     The technology won't exist for another 5 to 10 years - Tony stark. It's the same in this case. 

Everyone, what if Zindan is an AI that's traveled back in time and actually knows from personal experience that we won't crack Brawlhalla for another 5 to 10 years? 

@M.Yurizaki any input? :ph34r:

(I'm done. I'm just going to stay in this thread to talk to wasab about bots that play games from now on. If anyone else wants to show off cool bots, I'll talk to you.) 

14 minutes ago, fpo said:

I'm done. I'm just going to stay in this thread to talk to wasab about bots that play games from now on. If anyone else wants to show off cool bots, I'll talk to you.) 

Why not talk about one of the original, if not the original machine learning AI to achieve success at a game: Blondie24

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Why not talk about one of the original, if not the original machine learning AI to achieve success at a game: Blondie24

I found a great competitor. 

Spoiler

Just kidding. But it reminds me of Dr. Nim even though it has nothing to do with it. 

Spoiler

I think Watson has more in common with Blondie 24 (which now can interface with Unity 3D the game engine.) 

I can't find it but I saw a documentary on a military light armored vehicle that was meant to be a smart recon robot that could stay out "in the field" for 3 days to gather intelligence. I remember it had some similar technologies to this robot for path-finding:

You'd give it a GPS coordinate and it could use land surveying and a* to find the best route along the way to get to the destination. I don't remember its combat instructions though. It has guns so I'm not sure I would want to be in the army near it just yet. 

23 minutes ago, fpo said:

I can't find it but I saw a documentary on a military light armored vehicle that was meant to be a smart recon robot that could stay out "in the field" for 3 days to gather intelligence. I remember it had some similar technologies to this robot for path-finding:

You'd give it a GPS coordinate and it could use land surveying and a* to find the best route along the way to get to the destination. I don't remember its combat instructions though. It has guns so I'm not sure I would want to be in the army near it just yet. 

I think things like that are a pipe dream so to speak. There's always going to be someone behind the machine because situations change in an instant, and unless you've programmed the AI to recognize threats, it may as well plotted the best path is right in the enemy's strong hold.

56 minutes ago, fpo said:

I like the A* Mario one I linked and this guy also makes a bot that plays that game with machine learning. It gets crazy at the end. 

Reveal hidden contents

Everyone, what if Zindan is an AI that's traveled back in time and actually knows from personal experience that we won't crack Brawlhalla for another 5 to 10 years? 

@M.Yurizaki any input? :ph34r:

(I'm done. I'm just going to stay in this thread to talk to wasab about bots that play games from now on. If anyone else wants to show off cool bots, I'll talk to you.) 

No AI can beat me, a theory is true until someone have proven me wrong. So gl with that.

30 minutes ago, zindan said:

No AI can beat me, a theory is true until someone have proven me wrong. So gl with that.

Guess you have never play single player games before. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I think things like that are a pipe dream so to speak. There's always going to be someone behind the machine because situations change in an instant, and unless you've programmed the AI to recognize threats, it may as well plotted the best path is right in the enemy's strong hold.

Yeah, it should be backed up by people like drones are. Let's hope that whomever develops this makes it good enough to protect against such horrible consequences. 
If we've learned anything from Google's AI, it's that people are just going to send it out and see what happens. 

4 hours ago, zindan said:

I  invite you to try a few matches against Smashbot (https://github.com/altf4/SmashBot) and report back to us on your findings. For a moment it looked like you were coming around, but there's no convincing you it seems other than smashing you (yes,pun intended :P). It's good to be stubborn, but with so much proof given it's pointless to keep denying it. No, SSBM is not Brawlhalla, but admit it: they are very similar. If an AI can be made that beats humans in Smash, it can be done in Brawlhalla. There's just hasn't been a worthwile incentive to do it yet I guess (read: to reinvent the wheel, kick in an open door, proof what has been proven).

On-topic:

19 hours ago, wasab said:

this bot is my favorite. 

Here's a learning AI version of the dinosaur game. Pretty interesting to see it evolve and figure out to wait before jumping and to duck.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB