Corsair LL 120 Fans, is there a way to use Aura Sync?

slexis

Hey all,

I'm looking to make an aura sync build, and have every part picked except for the case fans.  Aesthetically I would like to go with the Corsair LL 120 Fans, which as far as i know are individually addressable.  I have seen people use specific products which are not explicitly aura sync and find them to be compatible with the software.  If anyone has any experience with this or ideas for a work around that would be awesome!  Or dash my hopes and let me move on and grieve about the market.

Image result for ll120      < The fans in question. 

Sadly, Corsair RGB fans HD/LL/ML are not adressable with the Asus Aura Sync. They will only work with Corsair Link trought the Lightning Node Pro or Commander Pro and in the future CUE2.

If you check out my RGB control guide, you'll see that the Enermax Fans can be synced with Asus Aura Sync since the fan hub connects to the Mobo RGB header

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

47 minutes ago, slexis said:

Hey all,

I'm looking to make an aura sync build, and have every part picked except for the case fans.  Aesthetically I would like to go with the Corsair LL 120 Fans, which as far as i know are individually addressable.  I have seen people use specific products which are not explicitly aura sync and find them to be compatible with the software.  If anyone has any experience with this or ideas for a work around that would be awesome!  Or dash my hopes and let me move on and grieve about the market.

< The fans in question. 

Welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately that is not possible with a plug and go solution, others have made work arounds by using an ardunio to interface between the two as a intermediary process. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

• 1 year later...

plug the rgb hub for the fans into a argb header (the one you'd use for an rgb strip) in there. kinda force it a bit in, and go to aura sync, and click on add a strip. believe me it worksap142-argb-7.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 3:59 PM, Nigeurs said:

plug the rgb hub for the fans into a argb header (the one you'd use for an rgb strip) in there. kinda force it a bit in, and go to aura sync, and click on add a strip. believe me it worksap142-argb-7.jpg

What did you mean by rgb hub? The Corsair rgb hub? or do you mean the rgb connector that comes off of the LL 120/140 fans? 
I was gifted a single LL140 cuz my rear exhaust fan went kaput but didn't realize it's supposed to work with the Corsair Lighting node and Commander Pro. 
I have an Asus Maximus X Hero and want to try and directly connect the rgb cable from the LL140 to one of the rgb headers on the motherboard. 
I'm just not sure which one to use? I thought the LL140 fans used aRGB, so I would assume thats 5v-data-empty-ground? or is it actually a normal 12v-G-R-B connector? 
I just don't want to short out my board or fan and unfortunately don't have a multi-meter. 
If you could elaborate I would really appreciate it

Intel i7 8700k @ 5.3GHz - Asus Maximus X Hero - 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 - Viotek 27" 1440p 144hz curved- Corsair AX860i - CM H500M - Custom watercooling loop (BlackIce GT 360mm w/ Corsair SP120s in pull) - Swiftech MCP35X Pump - XSPC WaterBlock - Intel 760p 512gb nvme m.2 + [2x] 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (RAID0) + 512GB Samsung 840 pro + (2) 2TB WD Black + 1TB WD Black + 1TB SCSI WD External for Plex Media Server storage - CM QuickFire TK w/ Cherry MX Blues - Roccat Tyon - VModa Crossfade LP - Klipsche ProMedia 2.1's pushed with a FiiO Andes F07K DAC

On 8/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, JTMarch86 said:

What did you mean by rgb hub? The Corsair rgb hub? or do you mean the rgb connector that comes off of the LL 120/140 fans? 
I was gifted a single LL140 cuz my rear exhaust fan went kaput but didn't realize it's supposed to work with the Corsair Lighting node and Commander Pro. 
I have an Asus Maximus X Hero and want to try and directly connect the rgb cable from the LL140 to one of the rgb headers on the motherboard. 
I'm just not sure which one to use? I thought the LL140 fans used aRGB, so I would assume thats 5v-data-empty-ground? or is it actually a normal 12v-G-R-B connector? 
I just don't want to short out my board or fan and unfortunately don't have a multi-meter. 
If you could elaborate I would really appreciate it

if you want a lagit way of doing it this will work corair to argb 3pin. but if you no a bit about soldering and electronics you can do it cheaper.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

oh i found this dont no if it help at all

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180890

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

On 8/15/2019 at 12:03 AM, thrasher_565 said:

if you want a lagit way of doing it this will work corair to argb 3pin. but if you no a bit about soldering and electronics you can do it cheaper.

That connector you linked (the female end) looks like it's only 3pin though. I know it's going to convert it into a 3pin argb connector on the other end, but Corsair's LL120/140s 
use a 4pin rgb connector, so will that even fit? 
Do you know of anyone that has done this? 
Also, have you heard of the Aquacomputer Splitty4? 
It has the corsair LL connections, I'm just wondering if you can then plug it directly into your motherboard's argb header? 
https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/monitoring/controllers-accessories/23656/aquacomputer-rgbpx-splitty4

Intel i7 8700k @ 5.3GHz - Asus Maximus X Hero - 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 - Viotek 27" 1440p 144hz curved- Corsair AX860i - CM H500M - Custom watercooling loop (BlackIce GT 360mm w/ Corsair SP120s in pull) - Swiftech MCP35X Pump - XSPC WaterBlock - Intel 760p 512gb nvme m.2 + [2x] 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (RAID0) + 512GB Samsung 840 pro + (2) 2TB WD Black + 1TB WD Black + 1TB SCSI WD External for Plex Media Server storage - CM QuickFire TK w/ Cherry MX Blues - Roccat Tyon - VModa Crossfade LP - Klipsche ProMedia 2.1's pushed with a FiiO Andes F07K DAC

After looking at it more, it looks like this connecs the Corsair RGB Hub to your motherboard. So I'll still need to buy that. Unfortunately Corsair doesn't even sell it on amazon anymore. You have to buy it directly from them? Stupid. 
Still curious about the Splitty4 though

Edit: Oh.. my mistake they do, but its freaking $60!!!! It's supposed to be 10. freakin corsair

Corsair's LL120/140s  use 3pin argb 5v connectors but they all have corsair connectors on it. only corsair 4pin 12v is the sp rgb fans

https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-SP120-120mm-Performance-CO-9050061-WW/dp/B01LHYI2PW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=corsair+rgb+sp&qid=1566610673&s=electronics&sr=1-1

no idea what Aquacomputer Splitty4 is. i do no they do support corsair rgb stuff but i don't no what is what its vary confusing and extremely expensive.

https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/monitoring/controllers-accessories/23656/aquacomputer-rgbpx-splitty4

looks like that the same conetor but for 4pin only so only the sp fans wil work as far as i no. but you still would need a way to hook it to something not only that it will cost more in shipping then just buying the cables off eaby..

that ebay cable is the cheapest pre made cable out there. the only other option is you make your own cables. you would have to buy a crimper and have a soderiron and solder. probably need heat shrink, then find some shady Chinese seller and hope you even get the item in 4 moths if at all. so safe to say the cable look cheap.

other option is to cut the cable off the wired remote and get a rgb connector. (its really hard to find a 3 pin connector so a 4 pin will work just DONT cornet it to the 4 pin header on the mb)

CA247CS_187553_750x750.jpg

oh i think i no what your asking. the fans do use a 4pin but there 5v argb. you attach the fan to the hub. then that cable to the hub to your mb. i think the guy dose sell a cable that alows you to skip the hub but then you would need a spliter if you have more then 1 fan so... ied just just the hub if you have it. also the hub provides power insted of pulling power from the mb.

if you jsut read the description of the ebay add it tell you what it dose and what you need and what dosent work so read it.

12 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh i think i no what your asking. the fans do use a 4pin but there 5v argb. you attach the fan to the hub. then that cable to the hub to your mb. i think the guy dose sell a cable that alows you to skip the hub but then you would need a spliter if you have more then 1 fan so... ied just just the hub if you have it. also the hub provides power insted of pulling power from the mb.

if you jsut read the description of the ebay add it tell you what it dose and what you need and what dosent work so read it.

Yea unfortunately I was only gifted the single LL140, which didn't come with the RGB hub or anything. And I can't find any online retailer that has the Corsair RGB Hub in stock. 
It's like Corsair is forcing me to buy the pack of fans that comes with it when I don't need the extra fans. I really hate it when companies do this. 
My only option is to pay a bunch more on ebay, or hope that I can find someone that is willing to sell theirs on a forum or something. 

If I can just get that rgb hub I can do the custom cable to my mobo and I'd be set without a ton of wires added to my case

15 hours ago, JTMarch86 said:

Yea unfortunately I was only gifted the single LL140, which didn't come with the RGB hub or anything. And I can't find any online retailer that has the Corsair RGB Hub in stock. 
It's like Corsair is forcing me to buy the pack of fans that comes with it when I don't need the extra fans. I really hate it when companies do this. 
My only option is to pay a bunch more on ebay, or hope that I can find someone that is willing to sell theirs on a forum or something. 

If I can just get that rgb hub I can do the custom cable to my mobo and I'd be set without a ton of wires added to my case

ya ask around on the forms. you can buy just the hub but its pricey.  i think it was listed at $20+ can don't no if shipping was induced.

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Accessories/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-CO-8950020-RGB-Cfan-Compatible/dp/B075GWMJ68

https://www.cdw.com/product/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub/4737076

13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Oh wow thank you. And yea, I had checked newegg, amazon, and corsair and all the retailers they listed on there that sell it. All were out of stock (and not going to get more)
The hub is supposed to be $9.99, so its supposed to be cheap, but now that it's so hard to find, we'll see
but that CDW link doesn't say out of stock.
I'll contact them now. Thanks for finding that man! great job 
Heres to hoping they actually do have them and it isn't just a leftover page of an out of stock product

9 hours ago, JTMarch86 said:

Oh wow thank you. And yea, I had checked newegg, amazon, and corsair and all the retailers they listed on there that sell it. All were out of stock (and not going to get more)
The hub is supposed to be $9.99, so its supposed to be cheap, but now that it's so hard to find, we'll see
but that CDW link doesn't say out of stock.
I'll contact them now. Thanks for finding that man! great job 
Heres to hoping they actually do have them and it isn't just a leftover page of an out of stock product

ya good luck man.

• 1 year later...

How to control a Corsair Fan's light from ARGB(Aura,Mystic)

when you know the pinout of the fans, just change the connector and easy!

image.png.e9e9c3f71f02bc6d0111d7cc5e069453.png

( Corsair Fans RGB pinout )

The "Order Cable" is how corsair know what order ur fans is in. for this ARGB mod. Ignore it.

hard?

this is even more easy!

Connect the middle wire from ur ARGB setup to the middle wire/pin from this

image.png.08faf63f9f3fb506ed7ee3b6a1f5154e.png

and the controller follows ur motherboard. there is one downside tho, only channel 1-4 will work 

14 minutes ago, NorKris said:

(this is not for the QL Fans)

The "Order Cable" is how corsair know what order ur fans is in. for this ARGB mod. Ignore it.

hard?

this is even more easy!

and the controller follows ur motherboard. there is one downside tho, only channel 1-4 will work 

this form is a year old... i have a guide all ready

oh ok. but its abit hard to find.  and i feel like i cant find the same info in ur guide. 

this thread might be alittle old. but people still search for this stuff. 

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

this form is a year old... i have a guide all ready

also, ur guide is kinda inaccurate on the corsairs part 

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

also, ur guide is kinda inaccurate on the corsairs part 

how so?

11 hours ago, NorKris said:

oh ok. but its abit hard to find.  and i feel like i cant find the same info in ur guide. 

this thread might be alittle old. but people still search for this stuff. 

my guide title is literately  this "Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer pin out guide + other useful videos"

don't no how more to the point  it can be.

the mods wont pin it its not up to there quality. also i don't have the typing skills to make it so...

Edited by thrasher_565

the problem of looking at old forms is the info is out of date. the things i said could be wrong and this is before i made the guide. i was still learning about argb/rgb.

13 hours ago, NorKris said:

hard?

this is even more easy!

hmm so i thought it was data in and data out but i guess there some clock wire witch i don't understand how it works. so if you wanted to hook a 3pin argb to the 4 pin hub you would just use the 3 pins ground data and and volts? i no the commander and node both use a 3 pin witch is ground data and and volts and the strips use that 3pin.

so its almost like having 6 mb headers off the hub? were each port can have its on affect.

Edited by thrasher_565

• 4 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 3:34 PM, NorKris said:

hard?

this is even more easy!

Hi,

You say is not for ql fans, so what's is the pinout of the ql fans and if it's possible to make an adapter for argb headers?

18 minutes ago, AntSantos said:

Hi,

You say is not for ql fans, so what's is the pinout of the ql fans and if it's possible to make an adapter for argb headers?

all corsair argb fans have the same pin out . 5v data clock ground. so you would need to hook the 3 pins up 5v data and ground. you can do that by hooking the hub to the mb like the guide above or buy modded cables.