when was the last time youve seen console gamers and pc gamers cooexist in perfect peace

zerouplol12

I see that as a drawback. I don't want to meet 12 year old kids that shout into their crappy headsets. You can just "sit on the couch and play" with a PC as well, just get for example an Xbox 360 controller and play with that if you want. I don't think it is easier to find games either. Have you even seen Steam, or GOG, or Origin or the Humble Bundle?

I mean it is  easier  to set up on the couch and play. I mean for like people trying to give gifts for people. For PC you have to get on steam and buy it as a gift or a Steam gift card, for console, you just go to your game store while getting other things

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Today, the people hating on either of the sides are idiots.

THANK YOU.

still, I don't think PC community ever hated on console community before PS2.. So I guess that's the last time.

Maybe I'm missing something but those are laptops hooked up to the TVs not consoles. There may be a WiiU or vita or something similar, a tablet or something, on the table but I don't see any actual consoles.

theres a ps3 and wiiu

In my school, I can coexist with a COD addict.  B) It's a great challenge

Your signature violates the CoC and is obnoxious as hell

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

PC has better graphics and better controls. Those are two objective reasons why PC games are better. You simply can't deny them. Then you can throw in stuff like you can use them for more than gaming, cheaper games, upgradable hardware etc.

PC's does have better graphics yes, whether or not they have better controls is an entirely subjective matter (I personally agree but it's not a valid objective reason). Consoles are cheaper, easier to set up and run, and if we take piracy out of the equation the price for games really isn't all that different for brand new titles, +/- 10 dollars. I will however say that there is a much more aggressive price cut on older titles on consoles, you can get older titles for prices we only see on Steam sales. All I'm saying is that PC's are not definitively better than consoles and that of course goes the other way around as well, if you can't see that you need to get out of your master race bubble.

at my friends house a long time back. most of the party was playing halo while some guys were on counterstrike.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

whether or not they have better controls is an entirely subjective matter (I personally agree but it's not a valid objective reason).

No it's not. Keyboard and mouse are objectively superior for a lot of games such as RTS, MOBA and FPS. They offer much higher accuracy (have you ever seen the huge amount of aim-assist and bullet gravity they have to add to for example Halo to compensate for the shitty controls?) and more commands. Even if you were to ignore that, PC is still superior because you can choose to use a console controller if you feel like it. Even if you don't think a mouse and keyboard is better you still got more choice and can pick whichever controller you want.

Consoles are cheaper, easier to set up and run

They aren't really cheaper. How many do you know that doesn't have a computer at all? Not many, right? Just imagine what they could upgrade that computer to if they spent 450 dollars on upgrades. All of a sudden they would have a computer that is more powerful than the Xbone and PS4, for the same price or lower. You don't have to buy all new parts. Easier to set up I can kind of agree with, but with the newer consoles and their updates, games that need to be installed, accounts that has to be created etc I think that point is almost not valid. Consoles aren't just plug and play like they used to.

and if we take piracy out of the equation the price for games really isn't all that different for brand new titles, +/- 10 dollars.

Really? Of course that depends on where you live but here in Sweden you could not be more wrong. COD Ghost for the PS4 was 600 SEK when it was first released here in Sweden, then it dropped down to 550 SEK and it has stayed there ever since. The PC version was 400 SEK when it was first released and has now dropped down to 350 SEK. That's a 30 dollar difference on launch, and a 23 dollar difference now.

I remember when I was going to buy Duke Nukem Forever (what a waste of money that was). The limited edition PC version was about 200 SEK (again, about 30 dollars) cheaper than the regular edition for the consoles.

How about Minecraft? That was over 500 SEK (76 dollars) when it launched on the Xbox 360, and it was 27 dollars on the PC (it was actually cheaper back then). I got loads and loads of examples like this if you want more.

From what I've seen on Steam it seems like the PC versions of new games cost less than they do on consoles in the US as well. With stuff like the Steam sales consoles can't even compete. If you're willing to wait a few months to get a game you can often get it for half the price compared to consoles thanks to things like Steam sales. Steam isn't the only store with prices like that either. GOG, Origin, Green Man Gaming, Humble Bundle the list goes on. All of which very often offers special deals on games.

I will however say that there is a much more aggressive price cut on older titles on consoles, you can get older titles for prices we only see on Steam sales.

Really? I have not really seen that and yes I do own several consoles (have sold my PS3 and my Wii but still got my Xbox 360). From my experience it seems like PC games often drop a lot more in price (if you include the sales which happens all the time) than the console games. Even without special deals for the PC platform the games seem to be about the same price. I just compared a few games such as Borderlands 2 and they are the same price without taking sales into consideration.

All I'm saying is that PC's are not definitively better than consoles and that of course goes the other way around as well, if you can't see that you need to get out of your master race bubble.

And all I am saying is that PCs are objectively better at certain things. I don't have any personal bias or hidden agenda, I am just looking at things objectively and came to the conclusion that PCs are better.

Better graphics, better controllers, cheaper games and you can use them for more than just gaming. The benefit of a console is that it's easier to use and hold some games hostages to force you to buy that particular console to play them. "Easy to use" is basically just another way of saying you are lazy, and I think exclusives is a bad business practice towards us consumers, especially now that the consoles are so very similar to a standard PC.

Maybe I'm missing something but those are laptops hooked up to the TVs not consoles. There may be a WiiU or vita or something similar, a tablet or something, on the table but I don't see any actual consoles.

Looks like some ASUS laptops actually and they are probably playing an emulator

2nd Comment Guise Srsly?

They're playing a N64 ROM... All PC players.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

*snip*

Saying that a mouse and keyboard is superior to a controller is not objective, it just isn't. While I personally agree, I know plenty of people who will any day take a controller over mouse and keyboard for gaming, and that doesn't make them wrong, that does however make it a subjective matter.

I don't know anyone who doesn't own a computer, most people I know who owns computers these days own laptops though, and not desktop PC's. Spending an additional $450 on a laptop really doesn't make much of a difference, and if you use that laptop for gaming the difference it used to make will diminish and be next to nothing after about a year. Sure you can then treat it with compressed air and new thermal compound, but in reality laptops die, and if you use them every day for both schoolwork and gaming they die hard and fast. You don't get much of a desktop PC for the price of a console so that's pretty much out of the picture as well.

On the other hand if you buy a console they work. They work from you buy them till you sell them or throw them out, and they do so requiring a minimal amount of setup (create LIVE account and log in, that's about it). Sure there have been RROD incidents but they have usually been handled with consoles being replaced for free etc.

As for games, where I live new titles are usually 450 DKK for PC and 500 DKK for consoles, ~$10 difference. I have however picked up absolutely brilliant games for consoles for literally less than a good sized bag of candy. These include Dante's Inferno (which is a brilliant game I might add) for 25 DKK, Bayonetta for 30 DKK, Gears of War for 30 DKK and Halo Reach Limited Edition for 35 DKK among others, all prices matching what similar titles would be on a good Steam sale.

PC's are objectively better at some things, but so are consoles. Many of the points are subjective though and that's why this entire discussion is completely and utterly pointless. Ease of use is not another way of saying I'm lazy, that's a stupid statement. One should always aim at creating the best user experience and that is quite simply the easiest. I will openly admit that I'm a Linux geek because I enjoy tinkering with the software, but from a general gamers perspective why should it not be as easy to use and setup as possible? Exclusives are not bad business practice, it's business. The point of a business is to earn money and to do that you need strategies. Exclusives are one of those strategies. For some reason everyone seems to think that Sony and Microsoft owes you all something, well here's the cold and hard fact, they don't. Sony and Microsoft are corporations here to make money and that's it, if you don't like that fact don't buy their products.

And I'm not saying all this because I'm a console fan, I really am not. I own a 360 with the above games and 3 others, including Forza 4 that came with the console which was indeed the only reason I bought it. Belittling consoles however is wrong, because they do have a very important spot in the market, it's not without reason they sell millions of them. And people who buy consoles are not any less intelligent than you or the people who call themselves part of this "master race", they're just different. If you don't have room in your heart and mind for that, you will not get very far in your life.

Saying that a mouse and keyboard is superior to a controller is not objective, it just isn't. While I personally agree, I know plenty of people who will any day take a controller over mouse and keyboard for gaming, and that doesn't make them wrong, that does however make it a subjective matter.

What are controllers suppose to do? They are suppose to let the player play the game. I can think of 4 important measurements on how good a controller is.

1) Precision - I don't think anyone will disagree when I say a mouse is objectively superior to a controller when it comes to this. It's simply not possible to be as accurate with a controller as with a mouse. That's why console games has a lot of aim assist and PC games do not.

2) Speed - With this I mean how fast you can do inputs. Again, I don't think anyone will disagree when I say that you can for example turn faster and still have control over your movements if you use a keyboard and mouse.

3) The number of different inputs you can make - A controller has a very limited number of buttons which makes it almost impossible to play certain games. Just imagine trying to play LoL or WoW with an Xbox controller. Not enough buttons, right?

4) Comfort - Now this is a subjective thing. Some prefer how console controllers feel. It's more relaxed.

Even if you completely disregard mouse and keyboard, the PC still got superior controls because you can use whichever controller you want. You can even connect a Wii remote to it if you want. You can connect a Kinect to it if you want, you can connect a PS3 controller if you want. The list goes on. Even without mouse and keyboard, it is still superior because you can use whichever controller you want, but with a console you are stuck with one kind.

You can prefer something that is objectively worse by the way. Just because some people prefer one kind of controller does not mean one of them isn't objectively superior.

I don't know anyone who doesn't own a computer, most people I know who owns computers these days own laptops though, and not desktop PC's. Spending an additional $450 on a laptop really doesn't make much of a difference, and if you use that laptop for gaming the difference it used to make will diminish and be next to nothing after about a year. Sure you can then treat it with compressed air and new thermal compound, but in reality laptops die, and if you use them every day for both schoolwork and gaming they die hard and fast. You don't get much of a desktop PC for the price of a console so that's pretty much out of the picture as well.

Well that varies from person to person. You can get a pretty decent computer for ~500 dollars (see Linus' video), and if you own a desktop from before that you can cannibalize then it will outperform the consoles by quite a bit. Since you had to bring up laptops I assume you agree with me when it comes to desktops, correct?

On the other hand if you buy a console they work. They work from you buy them till you sell them or throw them out, and they do so requiring a minimal amount of setup (create LIVE account and log in, that's about it). Sure there have been RROD incidents but they have usually been handled with consoles being replaced for free etc.

If you buy a computer, it works as well. Let's assume that you got a brand new Xbone for Christmas and want to start playing games. First you plug it in and it will download updates that you need to install. Then after that you need to setup your Microsoft account. After that you have to configure your Kinect so that it recognize you. After that you need to install the game you want to play, and finally you can start playing the game.

Not sure about you, but I think that's much different from a PC. Again, consoles aren't just plug and play anymore. They require a fair bit of configuration, updates etc, before you can start playing. Oh and trust me, not all people that got RROD got it replaced for free, far from everyone did. That's not the only major issue consoles have had either. Don't act as if consoles never break because they do all the time. Not just hardware failures but also things like software bricking consoles as well. Apparently some Wii U update made people brick their consoles (huge update and no indicator that it was working, so people tried restarting in the middle of the update and that bricked the consoles) and the Xbone "backwards compatibility hack" as well.

As for games, where I live new titles are usually 450 DKK for PC and 500 DKK for consoles, ~$10 difference. I have however picked up absolutely brilliant games for consoles for literally less than a good sized bag of candy. These include Dante's Inferno (which is a brilliant game I might add) for 25 DKK, Bayonetta for 30 DKK, Gears of War for 30 DKK and Halo Reach Limited Edition for 35 DKK among others, all prices matching what similar titles would be on a good Steam sale.

The difference here is that you can find deals like that from times to times on consoles, like you can find them all the time for PCs. You even said it yourself, the prices match the prices on a Steam Sale, and Steam have special deals literally every single day, and that's before you factor in all other stores. Where those games you bought second hand or did you get them for ~30 DKK brand new?

PC's are objectively better at some things, but so are consoles. Many of the points are subjective though and that's why this entire discussion is completely and utterly pointless. Ease of use is not another way of saying I'm lazy, that's a stupid statement. One should always aim at creating the best user experience and that is quite simply the easiest. I will openly admit that I'm a Linux geek because I enjoy tinkering with the software, but from a general gamers perspective why should it not be as easy to use and setup as possible? Exclusives are not bad business practice, it's business. The point of a business is to earn money and to do that you need strategies. Exclusives are one of those strategies. For some reason everyone seems to think that Sony and Microsoft owes you all something, well here's the cold and hard fact, they don't. Sony and Microsoft are corporations here to make money and that's it, if you don't like that fact don't buy their products.

When did I say exclusives were a bad business practice? My point was that it hurts PC gaming while it helps the Xbone. It was an example of how Microsoft neglects Windows in favor of the Xbone. You were completely missing my point. Go back and read my post again.

And I'm not saying all this because I'm a console fan, I really am not. I own a 360 with the above games and 3 others, including Forza 4 that came with the console which was indeed the only reason I bought it. Belittling consoles however is wrong, because they do have a very important spot in the market, it's not without reason they sell millions of them. And people who buy consoles are not any less intelligent than you or the people who call themselves part of this "master race", they're just different. If you don't have room in your heart and mind for that, you will not get very far in your life.

Nice argumentum ad populum you got there. I haven't belittled consoles either. I have not once said that they are bad in this thread. The only thing I have said is that PCs are better. I have not said anything about the intelligence of any people either. I said that people who say consoles are superior to PCs are ignorant. I didn't say anything about people who just play games on consoles because they like it, nor did I say that people who believe consoles are superior are dumb (ignorant and dumb are two very different things). You are just putting words in my mouth and making strawman arguments at this point.

You better watch out, thinking that praising one product is the same as bashing the competing product is a sign of being a fanboy, and that's exactly what you are doing right now. Saying that product X is superior to Y is not the same as saying product Y is bad.