when was the last time youve seen console gamers and pc gamers cooexist in perfect peace

zerouplol12

They're playing a N64 ROM... All PC players.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Guys, I have discovered a way for pc gaming master racers to coexist with console peasants.  But I need your help, I need a skilled artist to create a hybrid graphic that combines this image:

wallpaper__glorious_pc_gaming_master_rac

With this concept:

stepsi.jpg

I think we all know where this goes.  THIS will be the new VIRAL pc gaming master race image.   A way the masters can FINALLY coexist with the peasantry.  Just have the dirtied console peasants piled up as human steps while the master racers step atop them with cleat tipped boots.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Maybe I'm missing something but those are laptops hooked up to the TVs not consoles. There may be a WiiU or vita or something similar, a tablet or something, on the table but I don't see any actual consoles.

Today, the people hating on either of the sides are idiots.

Agreed man agreed

Noobs to the left :lol:  Macbooks...and likely playing COD.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Noobs to the left :lol:  Macbooks...and likely playing COD.

Looks like some ASUS laptops actually and they are probably playing an emulator

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Pretty sure those controllers are hooked into those laptops, at least the wired ones are.

Today, the people hating on either of the sides are idiots.

I won't say I am "hating" on them but I think what Microsoft are doing with the Xbone is really bad for consumers (neglecting Windows in favor of the Xbone) and I think the people that think consoles are superior to PCs in any way shape or form are ignorant. Well I can kind of get the exclusives argument, but that's like saying Colombia is the best country ever because they held Ingrid Betancourt hostage there for several years, and you really like her.

Pretty sure those controllers are hooked into those laptops, at least the wired ones are.

I won't say I am "hating" on them but I think what Microsoft are doing with the Xbone is really bad for consumers (neglecting Windows in favor of the Xbone) and I think the people that think consoles are superior to PCs in any way shape or form are ignorant. Well I can kind of get the exclusives argument, but that's like saying Colombia is the best country ever because they held Ingrid Betancourt hostage there for several years, and you really like her.

Saying that PCs are superior to consoles in any way, shape or form is equally as ignorant. Why do you feel Windows is being neglected?

Something like. Would have rather seen something like a fork of Windows 8 where it keeps the good and strips out the metro UI since that is kinda pointless in a non touch environment vs the Xbone being a thing. A more streamlined Windows would have been so much more better received I think. Not this PR disaster. The only exclusives I really want tend to be on the Nintendo side anyway.

PC does have superior hardware, but it's the games that sells, not the FPS. And to me, Nintendo has stuff that not even that most baller PC can get. I like both..just not a fan of Sony/MS's next gen consoles..they feel like they forgot they are a console and trying a bit too hard to emulate what they aren't while Nintendo embraces the fact it's a console. Shame they don't get more love. Super Smash over your halos! :D

Something like. Would have rather seen something like a fork of Windows 8 where it keeps the good and strips out the metro UI since that is kinda pointless in a non touch environment vs the Xbone being a thing. A more streamlined Windows would have been so much more better received I think. Not this PR disaster. The only exclusives I really want tend to be on the Nintendo side anyway.

PC does have superior hardware, but it's the games that sells, not the FPS. And to me, Nintendo has stuff that not even that most baller PC can get. I like both..just not a fan of Sony/MS's next gen consoles..they feel like they forgot they are a console and trying a bit too hard to emulate what they aren't while Nintendo embraces the fact it's a console. Shame they don't get more love. Super Smash over your halos! :D

Cept Dolphin emulator. I like my high res Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword. If I was gonna buy a console though  (and I buy all the Wii roms to support nintendo and already had a Wii) I agree, Nintendo at least gives "exclusives"  worth a darn and Wii U games are probably not coming to emulation anytime soon.

Madden football sucks now and I hate EA for killing the 2k football series. PS4 emulators could arrive this year. Xbox one exclusives will probably be on Windows 8 (so they can sell the OS). Uncharted is the only game I am remotely interested in on PS/Xbox and I think emulators will be coming soon given the architecture of the new consoles. PS4 is basically Opengl.

http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/the-quest-to-build-xbox-one-and-ps4-emulators/

Doubt anyone is gonna bother trying to make a Xbox emulator since Titanfall and probably the new Halo will be on PC. 

Will the emulator probably require a GCN card at first. Maybe. Might need a 8 thread chip for good fps as well. This is what sony/MS gets for making their console a medium x86 machine though. Who knows. Maybe Sony will just release Uncharted on PC when emulation hits. I would. Least they will make money from the people that will pirate it. They already have games on the PC with planetside 2, and Everquest on the way. Hell Planetside 2 is basically a beta for the PS4.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Saying that PCs are superior to consoles in any way, shape or form is equally as ignorant. Why do you feel Windows is being neglected?

They both have their own perks

Console- Easier to find games, more mainstream means more people to meet, easier to be able to just sit on the couch and play

PC- Better Graphics, more customizable experience, your gaming machine is a full blown computer, games are cheaper

I just personally would rather have what PC has to offer over consoles

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Cept Dolphin emulator. I like my high res Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword. If I was gonna buy a console though  (and I buy all the Wii roms to support nintendo and already had a Wii) I agree, Nintendo at least gives "exclusives"  worth a darn and Wii U games are probably not coming to emulation anytime soon.

Madden football sucks now and I hate EA for killing the 2k football series. PS4 emulators could arrive this year. Xbox one exclusives will probably be on Windows 8 (so they can sell the OS). Uncharted is the only game I am remotely interested in on PS/Xbox and I think emulators will be coming soon given the architecture of the new consoles. PS4 is basically Opengl.

Doubt anyone is gonna bother trying to make a Xbox emulator since Titanfall and probably the new Halo will be on PC. 

Will the emulator probably require a GCN card at first. Maybe. Might need a 8 thread chip for good fps as well. This is what sony/MS gets for making their console a medium x86 machine though. Who knows. Maybe Sony will just release Uncharted on PC when emulation hits. I would. Least they will make money from the people that will pirate it. They already have games on the PC with planetside 2, and Everquest on the way. Hell Planetside 2 is basically a beta for the PS4.

Emulator can never replace the real thing. Older games are emulated easy, but even something as old as the N64 isn't emulated perfectly.

I get what you're saying, though. :)

If they are playing console games it essentially a console or must they be like a bunch of my friends and have the original consoles and possibly even doner units?

I like you to explain how microsoft is neglecting windows as a whole because of xbox. Ill never say one is better than another. I do prefer PC usually because I can interface with it how I want rather than how they want me too. However I do play my WiiU and am happy with it for the games I play.

There are issues with going that route as they loose the same interface across all their devices which is important and would be even more so if their other areas were actually doing better. For those people who want to use desktop applications hit desktop and there you go. For all the people that are pissed that the start menu is gone I really want to know what they used it for since my own experiences fall in line with microsoft's telemetry for the most part. How could they really streamline it? I ask because that makes me thing of slimming it footprint and removing the start screen wont help much it that, especially if you dont use any of their applications. Ill agree thats where the PS4 and X1 were going and personally wish Sony hadnt played off of microsoft's bad press as much as they did. Minus having to check in every 24hrs I considered most if not all of those things to be good. But with sony and how social media and the gamer community blew it out of proportion they had to recall the whole plan. I think if just some small tweaks were made people would be happier in the long run. Also minus the 24hr check in its a hell a lot better than downloading games on the WiiU and 3DS. O and I love my super smash and my halo's :P

Im surprised madden sells as well as it does because there is little change, sometime they remove stuff then they add it back in etc. I really dont know if what would be made for PS4 and X1 would really be emulators since our desktop CPU's should be able to run teh code nativle so why would you emulate it? Because of that I think it may actually be harder to get them running on a PC. Also are there really enough exclusive games to make it worth while?

They both have their own perks

Console- Easier to find games, more mainstream means more people to meet, easier to be able to just sit on the couch and play

PC- Better Graphics, more customizable experience, your gaming machine is a full blown computer, games are cheaper

I just personally would rather have what PC has to offer over consoles

So we're on the same page. That doesn't make you part of a master race though, and I'm not saying that you say you are but some people are. Remember the last time this many people considered themselves part of the master race? Yep, that. I really hope people open their eyes and see how inappropriate it is.

That pic is fake, must be some CGI or some really good editing. Must be! Witchcraft!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

In my school, I can coexist with a COD addict.  B) It's a great challenge

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Emulator can never replace the real thing. Older games are emulated easy, but even something as old as the N64 isn't emulated perfectly.

I get what you're saying, though. :)

Should try the recent versions of Dolphin. Mario Galaxy's are 100 percent perfect, work with my old wii controller to with a sensor bar I bought off Amazon. The downside?

You need a I5 Haswell or a really high overclocked Sandy or up to play the games at perfect FPS with no slowdown. The emulators do not use more then 3 cores and all that matters is FPU where the Haswell's kick butt.  With perfect accuracy came performance costs. Mario Galaxy looks like a darn cartoon though at high res.

2d56c895de2b2f62fb79354e10a41824.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Should try the recent versions of Dolphin. Mario Galaxy's are 100 percent perfect, work with my old wii controller to with a sensor bar I bought off Amazon. The downside?

You need a I5 Haswell or a really high overclocked Sandy or up to play the games at perfect FPS with no slowdown. The emulators do not use multiple threads and all that matters is FPU where the Haswell's kick butt.  With perfect accuracy came performance costs. Mario Galaxy looks like a darn cartoon though at high res.

2d56c895de2b2f62fb79354e10a41824.jpg

Now you have me curious... think a 4.5Ghz Sandy can handle it?

Now you have me curious... think a 4.5Ghz Sandy can handle it?

Should be good to go. :) Your Nvidia card should be good to go as well. Use the OpenGL backend in the graphics options with vertex hack. Nvidia works really well in OpenGl. :)

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/

The forum is pretty helpful. Helped me find out the sensor bar I needed. Mario galaxies 1/2 was fine with mouse keyboard with keybinds but Zelda was unplayable til I got my old Wii controller working. Needed a cheap bluetooth dongle and a sensor bar and both were pretty cheap on amazon.

PC has better graphics and better controls. Those are two objective reasons why PC games are better. You simply can't deny them. Then you can throw in stuff like you can use them for more than gaming, cheaper games, upgradable hardware etc.

I see that as a drawback. I don't want to meet 12 year old kids that shout into their crappy headsets. You can just "sit on the couch and play" with a PC as well, just get for example an Xbox 360 controller and play with that if you want. I don't think it is easier to find games either. Have you even seen Steam, or GOG, or Origin or the Humble Bundle?

If they are playing console games it essentially a console or must they be like a bunch of my friends and have the original consoles and possibly even doner units?

Ehh, what? If they are playing games on a PC then I don't really see any reason to assume they are console gamers. I can't see which game they are playing but I don't see any reason to assume they are playing console games on emulators either.

I like you to explain how microsoft is neglecting windows as a whole because of xbox. Ill never say one is better than another. I do prefer PC usually because I can interface with it how I want rather than how they want me too. However I do play my WiiU and am happy with it for the games I play.

Exclusive games is one example. There is no reason for Xbone exclusives other than to make the Xbone more attractive against other gaming platforms, including PCs with Windows. The Xbone controller not working on Windows yet is another example. How about the Kinect for Windows? Why isn't there a Kinect One for PCs yet and why can't I control my TV with my PC in the same way I can with my Xbone? There isn't any reason for this. Microsoft could essentially have released the Xbone OS as a program for Windows, kind of like Media Center.

So we're on the same page. That doesn't make you part of a master race though, and I'm not saying that you say you are but some people are. Remember the last time this many people considered themselves part of the master race? Yep, that. I really hope people open their eyes and see how inappropriate it is.

Ever heard of Godwin's law?

You need a I5 Haswell or a really high overclocked Sandy or up to play the games at perfect FPS with no slowdown. The emulators do not use more then 3 cores and all that matters is FPU where the Haswell's kick butt.  With perfect accuracy came performance costs. Mario Galaxy looks like a darn cartoon though at high res.

Haha, I was playing LoZ Wind Waker on Dolphin just before I wrote this post. Sadly WW is a bit glitchy. The hot air effect from fire doesn't distort things, instead it makes you see double. I think the pictobox quest is bugged as well because I can't for the life of me complete the third challenge. I even have a save state and have tried it over and over but no matter what I do I can't complete it. Oh and for anyone wonder I do own a GC and a copy of WW. I am just too lazy to plug it in.

It runs just fine on my 4.4GHz i5-2500K and 7850.