Is This Celluar Plan Even Real??

felix920506

My celluar provider has a crazy 4G plan:
Unlimited Data, Unlimited Calls, No speed limit for $16.66 a month.

24 months at the minimum

Would you sign up for it?

2 minutes ago, felix920506 said:

24 months at the minimum

How much is Unlimited? I've seen plans like this where Unlimited would mean 100 units or 1gb data at full speed and the rest at Edge speeds. 

Also make sure what speeds they sell you. Sure it says 4g but keep in mind that that's just a connection type and they still can slow your 4g connection down to a crawl

Sounds great to me. If the provider is reliable I would sign up :) 

Bandwidth isn't that expensive from the provider's perspective. 

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

7 minutes ago, wirs said:

How much is Unlimited? I've seen plans like this where Unlimited would mean 100 units or 1gb data at full speed and the rest at Edge speeds. 

Also make sure what speeds they sell you. Sure it says 4g but keep in mind that that's just a connection type and they still can slow your 4g connection down to a crawl

there is no limit and they won't slow your speed to a crawl no matter how much you use.

Someone Used 5 FRIGGIN TERABYTES of data and the isp didn't slow his connection down

the speed depends on your signal strength and your hardware as they won't put any limits on the speed

That kind of service for the price is only but a daydream in Canada...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

ALL of NA.

31 minutes ago, felix920506 said:

24 months at the minimum

2yr contract huh? What's the termination fee?

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

7 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

2yr contract huh? What's the termination fee?

$100 at the point it is highest

Just now, Christophe Corazza said:

Have you read all of the small font sized text hidden away somewhere on your contract? ;-)

Of course. Don't ask stupid questions

24 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Here in Taiwan all celluar providers try to compete with price so every once in a while a killer deal comes out like this one which was only avalible for  a week. I got into that plan though and mine will be activated tomorrow

I wouldn't, but I'm on a similar plan (although, mine include unlimited text, 1000 min. of free international calls, as well as some streaming and subscription services) for about $15/month. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I'm on the three uk network uk, unlimited everything cost £29 a month.

I have to been throttled and I used 70GB last month(Netflix and plex at relative with no internet)

Avg 4g speed is around 70Mbsu 80Mbsd

Call reception not great.

Free wifi via virgin

2 hours ago, dieegoperi said:

Well, if their coverage range is good, then it's worth it

If their coverage range is shit, then it's not worth it, why? because I used to have a plan with a company that "paid another big, big company to use their network" and man... Company B got the best coverage in my country, and Company A got the worst!

So take a look at people' reviews about their coverage range, you won't love being 24 months with almost no coverage or disconnecting from 4G every single time...

I get great coverage in the area I am usually at.

Why would you expect shit coverage in taipei?

In hong kong you normally add 25 USD to the normal plan for unlimited data at 4.5G.

Some plans caps out at 5GBs but will let you continue to use the internet for free at a restricted speed.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition