Is my GPU defective?

knight_40k

I just installed a Asus GT 1030 (GT1030-2G-CSM) for my HTPC so I could playback 4K @ 60Hz and have HEVC support but the HDMI is not displaying a signal when it boot into windows. I get a signal on the post screen but as soon as the windows logo appears it goes blank and doesn't come back no matter what I do. I installed a clean version of Windows 10 with latest Nvidia driver (397.64). Also the GPU is brand new. Should I return the card? My old 6450 didn't do this.

Please help!

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Remove the GPU

Go to MoBo BIOS

Disable IGP

Insert GPU

Try again.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, TLCH723 said:

Try Window+P and enter couple of times

If you mean to press the windows key and P together, that didn't work

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Remove the GPU

Go to MoBo BIOS

Disable IGP

Insert GPU

Try again.

As far as I can tell it is disabled. I did take out the GPU and put it back in, still doesn't work.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Can you test the GPU in another computer?

5 hours ago, TLCH723 said:

Can you test the GPU in another computer?

I need it to display via HDMI, my other computer is not in the same room and the monitor I use doesn't have HDMI.

Here's a bit more info...

The GT 1030 works fine with the DVI port, no signal problems. I will also mention before I reinstalled windows I did test the card on the system it would be going into which was running Windows 7 via HDMI and it did work on Windows 7, but now on Windows 10 it does not.

With my fresh install of Windows 10 I have now just swapped in my Radeon 6450 and was able to display a full boot into Windows via HDMI. Also tried the onboard graphics and no problems there either. The GT 1030 cannot give me a signal past the bios. Seriously, this is dumb AF, I really think its got a defect.

Are you using the latest Nvidia driver? Try an older one.

I still think it is the windows+P problem.