Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bcredeur97

Speeduino

Posted · Original PosterOP

Thinking about getting one of these to use with my 2002 miata... anyone here used it before?

I also have a friend with a $200 1st gen DSM who want's to look into it as well.

for those who don't know: It's essentially a fully customizable car ECU based off an Arduino; more info here: https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

I know basically nothing about how an ecu works, but I'd worry that an arduino won't have enough processing power to handle that task properly 

I used to have guides here

CPU: 4670k 4.4ghz GPU: GTX 970 G.1 1534mhz

IMHO you'd be much better investing in a megasquirt or microsquirt. While the speeduino's are neat and DO work, they are very raw and very unrefined. They'll need another few years for them to become reliably decent. I have one here i got to mess around with. I've been dealing with Megasquirt since early 2000's and it too them many years to get it refined to where it was what i call competitive and good