Headset Suggestion

Fanto88

Hi, my name is Davide.

I would like to buy a new pair of headset for around 150€

I was looking around and a lot of sites claim that HyperX Revoler S and Artics 7 are both a good choise.

What you think about that, guys? Have any more suggestion?

I would use those headset for playing games like fortnite, etc.

Best Regards,

Davide.

Welcome to the LTT forums! I would buy these, but due to the fact that they are studio monitor headphones, and they have excellent passive noise cancellation, which takes some getting used to and people often turn them up too loud, they are rather disliked here on the forums.

12 minutes ago, Fanto88 said:

Hi, my name is Davide.

I would like to buy a new pair of headset for around 150€

I was looking around and a lot of sites claim that HyperX Revoler S and Artics 7 are both a good choise.

What you think about that, guys? Have any more suggestion?

I would use those headset for playing games like fortnite, etc.

Best Regards,

Davide.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Thanks for the suggestion,

but i need an headset with a microphone included for the chat audio and 7.1 for hearing the direction of the sounds while gaming.

13 hours ago, Fanto88 said:

but i need an headset with a microphone included for the chat audio and 7.1 for hearing the direction of the sounds while gaming.

Gaming brand:

-HyperX Cloud or Cloud alpha

-Sennheiser PC37X

Headphone combo:

-M40x + modmic

-SHP9500 + vmoda boom pro

-Takstar pro 82 + modmic

The sentence which i bold is a gimmick sold by gaming companies to justify their reason to jack up the prices like crazy. You can download 7.1 for free online, one of the examples is Razer surround sound software. Even games provide the 7.1 surround sound feature for free....

EDIT: you can test trial for the DOLBY surround sound or purchase them for $10 (iirc) provided by windows.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Windows has windows sonic, which includes a built in 7.1 mix, use that, it is free.

Thanks both for the answer.

With 7.1 i wanted to say that works well with 7.1 simulate sounds for hearing the direction itself, so i don't mind if they are acctually 7.1 or simulate, as soon as they work good. I read a lot of reviews for the headphone you put there, but they all say that's those headphone are really great, but not for gaming, and since that would be my priority use, i think it's not a good choise. Are they wrong about the fact that those headphone doesn't work well compared with HyperX Cloud headset for gaming purpose?

58 minutes ago, Fanto88 said:

Thanks both for the answer.

With 7.1 i wanted to say that works well with 7.1 simulate sounds for hearing the direction itself, so i don't mind if they are acctually 7.1 or simulate, as soon as they work good. I read a lot of reviews for the headphone you put there, but they all say that's those headphone are really great, but not for gaming, and since that would be my priority use, i think it's not a good choise. Are they wrong about the fact that those headphone doesn't work well compared with HyperX Cloud headset for gaming purpose?

The people who says that audio headphones are not compatible or not good compared to gaming headphones/headset, by my experience, just haven't tried anything else out of what they have used or mostly cheap gaming headsets.

Open back headphones are superb for gaming, if you really want to play and be completely immersed in the game, its the only way to go imo. Something like AD700X + Modmic will suffice, very very popular combo too in the gaming world.

You see streamers using gaming headsets cos they're obliged by the gaming companies who sponsored them. If you see Grimzzzz (HD700) & Ninja (DT990) on twitch, they don't even bother using gaming headsets, they are just utterly inferior compared to a proper headphone (granted those are expensive stuff), i myself use Avara AV2 to play games and have been improving compared to MA750i i used previously. And these gaming headphones are based on audio headphones (sometimes even cheap headphones as their base), tweaked to give more bass for IHMURSION, built with cheaper materials, gimmicks such as 7.1 soundcards and boom mic and sold in a hefty price, there are exceptions, but very very few of them.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

8 hours ago, nicobombai said:

The people who says that audio headphones are not compatible or not good compared to gaming headphones/headset, by my experience, just haven't tried anything else out of what they have used or mostly cheap gaming headsets.

Open back headphones are superb for gaming, if you really want to play and be completely immersed in the game, its the only way to go imo. Something like AD700X + Modmic will suffice, very very popular combo too in the gaming world.

You see streamers using gaming headsets cos they're obliged by the gaming companies who sponsored them. If you see Grimzzzz (HD700) & Ninja (DT990) on twitch, they don't even bother using gaming headsets, they are just utterly inferior compared to a proper headphone (granted those are expensive stuff), i myself use Avara AV2 to play games and have been improving compared to MA750i i used previously. And these gaming headphones are based on audio headphones (sometimes even cheap headphones as their base), tweaked to give more bass for IHMURSION, built with cheaper materials, gimmicks such as 7.1 soundcards and boom mic and sold in a hefty price, there are exceptions, but very very few of them.

Thank you for the answer. Well, I can't try them so I can only see reviews and comments of other people owning the product. I saw the headphone you suggested, but headphone+mic are out of my budget :(

So, after some research, i found some headphone that i would like:

-sennheiser hd 559 98€ + mic(dont know which one so i can't find the price)

-hyperX cloud Alpha 100€

-HyperX Cloud Revoler S 160€

-Sennheiser hd 599 159€ + mic(don't know which one so i can't find the price)

-Game One 180€

Which one of those are better?

What's the microphone that i should buy for the Hd 559 and hd 599, and what's the price for it?

Would i need a sound card / amp for those headphone/headset to work greet? I have this motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B75A-G43.html and that sound card: https://www.asus.com/it/Sound-Cards/Xonar_DGX/

Thanks for the help, i don't know a lot of audio things.

Edited by Fanto88
changed the entire message lol

14 hours ago, Fanto88 said:

Thank you for the answer. Well, I can't try them so I can only see reviews and comments of other people owning the product. I saw the headphone you suggested, but headphone+mic are out of my budget :(

So, after some research, i found some headphone that i would like:

-sennheiser hd 559 98€ + mic(dont know which one so i can't find the price)

-hyperX cloud Alpha 100€

-HyperX Cloud Revoler S 160€

-Sennheiser hd 599 159€ + mic(don't know which one so i can't find the price)

-Game One 180€

Which one of those are better?

What's the microphone that i should buy for the Hd 559 and hd 599, and what's the price for it?

Would i need a sound card / amp for those headphone/headset to work greet? I have this motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B75A-G43.html and that sound card: https://www.asus.com/it/Sound-Cards/Xonar_DGX/

Thanks for the help, i don't know a lot of audio things.

HD559 + massdrop minimic (around $20-30 iirc and if you can wait) or modmic (around $35-80) or any lavalier mic like zalmans / takstar tcm370 (you can clip on the headphone cable or put it on top of the monitor).

Just for reference i use the TCM370 and put the mic on top of my monitor. BUT if you really want that all in one solution cloud alpha is an okay option.

So, after a bit, i choose this configuration:

HD559 : https://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-HD...&ie=UTF8&qid=1526539423&sr=1-1&keywords=hd559
6.3 to 3.5 jack connector(not sure if this one is correct): https://www.amazon.it/Homelink-pres...523&sr=1-3&keywords=adattatore+jack+6.3+a+3.5
V-Moda BoomPro : https://www.amazon.it/V-MODA-BoomPr...ie=UTF8&qid=1526537304&sr=1-4&keywords=modmic
For a total of: 140€

That's inside the price range and i think i would get a good quality, right? Is that better than the "Already-Made" HyperX Cloud Revoler S/HyperX Cloud Alpha sound/audio positioning?

For the sound card, would i really notice difference between DGX and the Sound Blaster Z sound? Not only for the quality of the audio itself, but i'm talking even for the audio positioning, that's an important factor for me.
I used the DGX for a while now, and i can understand where the sound come from, but if you guys think that the Blaster Z/or other suggestion would give me better experience of audio positioning and better quality i could see if i can pay another 70€ for it.

PS: I'm used to have 2 audio control on my actually headset, one for change the game audio and one for change the chat audio like discord, etc. Would it be possible to do that even on the hd559? I saw that the V-Moda has a volume changer, is that for all the audio or only that chat one?

19 hours ago, Fanto88 said:

So, after a bit, i choose this configuration:

HD559 : https://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-HD...&ie=UTF8&qid=1526539423&sr=1-1&keywords=hd559
6.3 to 3.5 jack connector(not sure if this one is correct): https://www.amazon.it/Homelink-pres...523&sr=1-3&keywords=adattatore+jack+6.3+a+3.5
V-Moda BoomPro : https://www.amazon.it/V-MODA-BoomPr...ie=UTF8&qid=1526537304&sr=1-4&keywords=modmic
For a total of: 140€

That's inside the price range and i think i would get a good quality, right? Is that better than the "Already-Made" HyperX Cloud Revoler S/HyperX Cloud Alpha sound/audio positioning?

For the sound card, would i really notice difference between DGX and the Sound Blaster Z sound? Not only for the quality of the audio itself, but i'm talking even for the audio positioning, that's an important factor for me.
I used the DGX for a while now, and i can understand where the sound come from, but if you guys think that the Blaster Z/or other suggestion would give me better experience of audio positioning and better quality i could see if i can pay another 70€ for it.

PS: I'm used to have 2 audio control on my actually headset, one for change the game audio and one for change the chat audio like discord, etc. Would it be possible to do that even on the hd559? I saw that the V-Moda has a volume changer, is that for all the audio or only that chat one?

For the connector i really dont know whether it will work or not, but should it do work, it will be a great combo.

Sound wise yes, i personally feel its way better than those gaming headsets.

Soundcard is not necessary, waste of money in my opinion, they don't really improve the sound, they just add the 7.1 surround sound gimmick to sell, in reality like i mentioned above, you can download or purchase the surround sound software from the internet.

The volume control on boompro is for the volume of the headphones, it will not control the chat as per my experience. So if your windows is at 100%, and the headphone is at 20%, then the sound produce and you can only hear that 20% (i know its not the right/proper explanation, but i think you get the general idea)..

Yeah, i understood. Thank you.

My lasts questions are: 

For like 15€ more i can get myself a Samson METEOR MIC, is that better than V Boom Microphone? 

Which one of those 2 is better for not taking too much key sound? I have a blue switch keyboard, and i don't want to make too much noise with the keys.

Will they take game audio 'cause HD559 are open back?

11 hours ago, Fanto88 said:

Yeah, i understood. Thank you.

My lasts questions are: 

For like 15€ more i can get myself a Samson METEOR MIC, is that better than V Boom Microphone? 

Which one of those 2 is better for not taking too much key sound? I have a blue switch keyboard, and i don't want to make too much noise with the keys.

Will they take game audio 'cause HD559 are open back?

Better mic will be meteor BUT with that being said, it will definitely pick up the blue switches more than the boompro. (adjust the mic gain or keep it at 0 so that it doesnt take up all unwanted audio such as the keyboard).

Both mics will not pick up the headphone sound if youre playing at normal listening levels, but if youre playing up to ear shattering levels then yes it will pick up. I have used open backs in the past and none of the mic picks up the audio at normal listening volumes..