Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakkuh_t

DIY WiFi Cam Tutorial

I posted this as a reply to a comment on the Youtube video, but I thought it'd probably better to also post it here. How to setup Day/Night cycle modifications so that the camera works well in both situations. I found this blog post while researching motioneyeos. Basically you setup it to know your location, so that it can calculate your Sunset/sunrise times. It will then take your customized copies and swap them out and restart the motion daemon for the setting to take effect.  https://blog.ligos.net/2016-04-18/Day-Night-Cycle-For-MotionEye.html This was something I was searching for. I haven't done this project yet, as it's a long term project that is vying for a  money that is currently going into another project. Hopefully though this helps anyone that would like to optimize their cameras for maximum day/night performance. You'll obviously need to figure out your own settings, this just helps you automates the change over.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, TekTaxi said:

Is there any way to run have these cameras run off ethernet rather than wifi?

Thanks

just wire the ras pi with ethernet instead of connecting with wifi? seems pretty simple. 

Hi, If I want to do port forwarding to get my Pi to be accessible outside of my network, how would i do this.  This is my first raspi project and I am a total noob.

1 hour ago, Mobabasa said:

Hi, If I want to do port forwarding to get my Pi to be accessible outside of my network, how would i do this.  This is my first raspi project and I am a total noob.

ou would need to check your router settings to check/apply port forwarding. also check with your isp if this is even supported.