Need Heaphone Recommendations

Crunchy Dragon

Hey,

I'm currently in the market for new headphones. I don't really care if it's in-ear or over-ear. I also don't have a preference for what connection it uses, I'm fine with normal audio or USB. I have a max budget of 30 USD.

As far as sound quality goes, I just want something decent.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I have some Sennheiser CX 300 II's.

A little bit over your budget (33 bucks) but they are very decent.

Maybe a little bit bass heavy for sennheisers but personally i don't need an EQ to balance it out. It's not like beats headphones. :P

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-II-Precision-Enhanced/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526328261&sr=8-2&keywords=CX+300+II&dpID=31FijNgWujL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Hey,

I'm currently in the market for new headphones. I don't really care if it's in-ear or over-ear. I also don't have a preference for what connection it uses, I'm fine with normal audio or USB. I have a max budget of 30 USD.

As far as sound quality goes, I just want something decent.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

As someone with open back headphones I would strongly recommend spending the extra on noise cancellation. 

Being able to hear others even through music playing is quite infuriating. 

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HJE120-PPK-Stereo-Earphones-Black/dp/B003EM8008

You can buy 3 with that budget. I have these and they've lasted 3+ years. I just keep them at work now but used to use them outdoors while mountain biking as well.

For the price they are excellent and I doubt anything will be nearly as good. For 30 bucks you shouldn't expect anything crazy anyways, I'd buy those earbuds I linked to, and save up some money for some quality headphones if you desire in the future.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HJE120-PPK-Stereo-Earphones-Black/dp/B003EM8008

You can buy 3 with that budget. I have these and they've lasted 3+ years. I just keep them at work now but used to use them outdoors while mountain biking as well.

For the price they are excellent and I doubt anything will be nearly as good. For 30 bucks you shouldn't expect anything crazy anyways, I'd buy those earbuds I linked to, and save up some money for some quality headphones if you desire in the future.

I did look at those, haven't ruled them out though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

@Crunchy Dragon oh rip nvm. I finally saw that budget :D. Oh welp. In that case just go for a closed back headphones or earphones since Active Noise Cancellation is wayyy above that price point. 

I wouldn't recommend Skull Candy or anybody like them. I bought my brother Sennheiser CX 3.00 earphones which should be around your budget and they're ok.

Before that he had some Audio Technica earphones around $30 USD and they were nice as well.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Well, I'd splurge for the Porta Pros, or go with any of the excellent recommendations in this thread, other than the CX300. Unless they've been redesigned, there are many chinese cheap in-ears that will do the trick nowadays. Sub 20 is a very fun and addicting place at this point. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/12097478011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_electronics_1_3_last

I mean even the Panasonics at 7 dolalrs are great bang for the buck. The Xiaomi Hybrids are really fun, but they are really just the first wave. The nice thing here is if they are totally disappointing, return and get new ones. Sub 20 IEMs really is the most fun you can have in audio ATM. Such cheap thrills!!!