For the Linux fans

rentaspoon

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Wine-Staging-3.8-Released

For those looking to enjoy Windows-only games on Linux this weekend, Wine-Staging 3.8 has been released as the newest experimental build of Wine. 

Wine-Staging 3.8 is based off Friday's release of Wine 3.8 while adding in more experimental patches. In addition to the re-basing of nearly one thousand existing patches atop the upstream Wine source tree, this Wine-Staging 3.8 release has a few more enhancements. 

With Wine-Staging 3.8 the popular Star Citizen game should no longer be crashing on startup. In addition, there were a number of new patches added to the staging tree for further enhancing the Direct3D 11 support, well, assuming you aren't using DXVK for your D3D11 Wine experience already. There is also now oMask support for WineD3D, Wine Direct2D improvements, and more. 

This latest bi-weekly release of Wine-Staging can be downloaded from GitHub.

Meh wine will always be buggy :/ i dont blame the dev's they do a great job but i cant switch to linux fully because i still play games that are only on windows

>Install Gentoo

1 minute ago, Crazymarf said:

Meh wine will always be buggy :/ i dont blame the dev's they do a great job but i cant switch to linux fully because i still play games that are only on windows

Depends on the game. I use many games through wine which have no bugs at all. (Mass Effect series, Dawn of War, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed at the moment).

With this staging patch games like Witcher 3 are likely to be playable. (It was "playable" before, at like 8fps on a 1070 at low settings).

Maybe in a year or two wine will be able to focus on bugs full-time instead of having to implement new features. Then we'll see them all disappear.

Gotta agree, had some games run better in Wine than the Linux ports, if it keeps improving I'll happily play SC on it