Caselabs, Case's question?

MzCatieB

I've got a feeling that you'll make it look stunning anyways.

Im getting the case with a Black frame and White panels, I think i will end up doing Blue Tubes and cables to match the Motherboard.

Will end up being a Black white and Blue shade theme

Character artist in the Games industry.

Im getting the case with a Black frame and White panels, I think i will end up doing Blue Tubes and cables to match the Motherboard.

Will end up being a Black white and Blue shade theme

Nice.  You should totally make a build log!

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Nice.  You should totally make a build log!

I plan 2 dont worry.

You have to remember im not building this to look nice, i need it for space, cooling and upgradeability.

The motherboard im using isn't small remember, i might make them thicker though but it depends on what happens when i get the case.

I might get Duel Res's to make it look nicer xD

Aren't you planning on using a ATX board? If so, there's tons of room. You're underestimating the size of the case lol. If you get the top for it you'd have no issues putting an 80MM in the top. You should at least plan on 60mm because I'm telling you, it's gonna look odd and be a waste of space. With a 60mm in the front there's plenty of room for dual tube reservoirs. You could either put them side to side or front to back.

Don't waste the potential of the case. You're gonna pay a fortune for a case and not fully utilize what it offers. Doing that is just a waste of money in my opinion.

You should probably get the case first so you can get a feeling of how big it is. Seeing pictures or videos of it is misleading because it's much larger than it looks. I thought I knew the size of it when I ordered it but when I got it delivered it was freaking huge!

If you want something larger, look at the TH10 since that's 2 slots taller. Might be more what you're looking for.

Aren't you planning on using a ATX board? If so, there's tons of room. You're underestimating the size of the case lol. If you get the top for it you'd have no issues putting an 80MM in the top. You should at least plan on 60mm because I'm telling you, it's gonna look odd and be a waste of space. With a 60mm in the front there's plenty of room for dual tube reservoirs. You could either put them side to side or front to back.

Don't waste the potential of the case. You're gonna pay a fortune for a case and not fully utilize what it offers. Doing that is just a waste of money in my opinion.

You should probably get the case first so you can get a feeling of how big it is. Seeing pictures or videos of it is misleading because it's much larger than it looks. I thought I knew the size of it when I ordered it but when I got it delivered it was freaking huge!

If you want something larger, look at the TH10 since that's 2 slots taller. Might be more what you're looking for.

Im using the same Motherboard as linus

ASUS P9X79-E WS. its sort of ATX.

And like i said, im not liquid cooling it straight away, im prob's gonna have the case for like 2 weeks before i get the hardware to go in to it and i wont get the GPU's for like another month or 2

Im using the same Motherboard as linus

ASUS P9X79-E WS. its sort of ATX.

And like i said, im not liquid cooling it straight away, im prob's gonna have the case for like 2 weeks before i get the hardware to go in to it and i wont get the GPU's for like another month or 2

Isn't that board slightly wider than standard ATX but with ATX mounting?

Well if you get the case first you'll have a better idea of how it will look. Make sure you get the 120.3 front bay mount when you order the case. Better off ordering everything at the same time instead of paying shipping twice.

Look at the TH10 and see if it offers more what you want.

Well if you get the case first you'll have a better idea of how it will look. Make sure you get the 120.3 front bay mount when you order the case. Better off ordering everything at the same time instead of paying shipping twice.

Cost at a level is an issue, but i will get the 120.3 front bay mount, im still thinking about USB and audio connectors.

Trying to remove unneeded costs and stuff :3 like Base plate, Solid or with mounting, i doubt i will use them

If I remember correctly, I do believe it's marginally wider than standard ATX.  Should help fill out the space more I think.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Cost at a level is an issue, but i will get the 120.3 front bay mount, im still thinking about USB and audio connectors.

Trying to remove unneeded costs and stuff :3 like Base plate, Solid or with mounting, i doubt i will use them

Make sure you get the front USB 3.0 because you'll want it. It actually has two connectors for each pair even though a lot of boards only have one header. 

You don't need to get the front ventilated since you'll be removing most of the slots for the front bay mount. The drop in mount makes things easier but you don't need it. You'd be fine getting just the 120.4 option!

After looking at the inside of my case I think your best best is 60mm top, 60mm front. That will give you enough room for dual reservoirs and pumps if you want them side by side. 

If I remember correctly, I do believe it's marginally wider than standard ATX.  Should help fill out the space more I think.

If it's slightly wider there shouldn't be an issue. There's still a decent amount of width left on the motherboard tray. 

Make sure you get the front USB 3.0 because you'll want it. It actually has two connectors for each pair even though a lot of boards only have one header. 

You don't need to get the front ventilated since you'll be removing most of the slots for the front bay mount. The drop in mount makes things easier but you don't need it. You'd be fine getting just the 120.4 option!

After looking at the inside of my case I think your best best is 60mm top, 60mm front. That will give you enough room for dual reservoirs and pumps if you want them side by side. 

If it's slightly wider there shouldn't be an issue. There's still a decent amount of width left on the motherboard tray. 

I made the alterations, i still don't know about getting Front panel USB connectors.

And i have decided to get the drop in 120.4 top panel and the solid base.

And when it comes to room inside the case, i think i will see how much room i will have between the rads, i have an idea about the layout but i need the case first to see though, Also Ram Cooling and motherboard cooling? think it could be worth doing or...

I made the alterations, i still don't know about getting Front panel USB connectors.

And i have decided to get the drop in 120.4 top panel and the solid base.

And when it comes to room inside the case, i think i will see how much room i will have between the rads, i have an idea about the layout but i need the case first to see though, Also Ram Cooling and motherboard cooling? think it could be worth doing or...

RAM cooling is pretty pointless but it looks cool. I would say WC the motherboard if you get a block for it. Help with OC and keep the temps lower. 

Get the front USB connectors! You're gonna wish you did once you have everything installed and have to reach to the back for everything. 

Did you check out the TH10? Same layout as SM8 just taller. 

RAM cooling is pretty pointless but it looks cool. I would say WC the motherboard if you get a block for it. Help with OC and keep the temps lower. 

Get the front USB connectors! You're gonna wish you did once you have everything installed and have to reach to the back for everything. 

Did you check out the TH10? Same layout as SM8 just taller. 

Yes i have looked at the TH10, i need the case to fit under my desk, and im trying to find a motherboard Block for the Asus P9X79-E WS but its proving hard to find 1.

My Plan is to get a USB hub to sit under my monitors for USB's and use an External Optical drive to do the same.

I am wondering what the case is like for HDD support though.

Yes i have looked at the TH10, i need the case to fit under my desk, and im trying to find a motherboard Block for the Asus P9X79-E WS but its proving hard to find 1.

My Plan is to get a USB hub to sit under my monitors for USB's and use an External Optical drive to do the same.

on the site it says it fits 4 hdd's

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

on the site it says it fits 4 hdd's

Says 2 HDD and 2 SSD

It holds two HDD's behind the motherboard and two SSD's in between the HDD. The mount for the SSD's allows you to mount both on top of each other. So the back will be HDD, SSD's in the middle, HDD.

They sell different mounts for more HDDs or SSD's. You really don't need more than 2 nowadays anyways with how big they are. If you need more than the mounts provide I believe they sell racks for the inside of the case. That's why I love Caselabs! No other company allows you to upgrade your case as time goes on. Look through their accessories and you'll see how much stuff they have. They have stuff you didn't know existed but you want it.

It holds two HDD's behind the motherboard and two SSD's in between the HDD. The mount for the SSD's allows you to mount both on top of each other. So the back will be HDD, SSD's in the middle, HDD.

They sell different mounts for more HDDs or SSD's. You really don't need more than 2 nowadays anyways with how big they are. If you need more than the mounts provide I believe they sell racks for the inside of the case. That's why I love Caselabs! No other company allows you to upgrade your case as time goes on. Look through their accessories and you'll see how much stuff they have. They have stuff you didn't know existed but you want it.

I was thinking of getting the 120mm top panel and ghetto mount a few hdd's and a Rad in there, but space becomes the issue, it wont fit under my desk then.

My options now are the Merlin SM8, 900D (Not 100% sure if it will fit) or the Cosmos 2 (Again not sure  it will fit)

I was thinking of getting the 120mm top panel and ghetto mount a few hdd's and a Rad in there, but space becomes the issue, it wont fit under my desk then.

My options now are the Merlin SM8, 900D (Not 100% sure if it will fit) or the Cosmos 2 (Again not sure it will fit)

I think both those cases are bigger than the SM8. When I get home I can measure the height of it if you want?

How many HDD are you gonna be using? Any SSD's?

I think both those cases are bigger than the SM8. When I get home I can measure the height of it if you want?

How many HDD are you gonna be using? Any SSD's?

that would be awesome, i know im getting at least the 31mm top panel

that would be awesome, i know im getting at least the 31mm top panel

Well I'll give you the height and you can add the 31mm on top of it. I'm guessing it's only gonna be like 28mm more since I'm accounting for the top panel of mine. You need me to measure from front to back or just height?

My options now are the Merlin SM8, 900D (Not 100% sure if it will fit) or the Cosmos 2 (Again not sure  it will fit)

If you can go to a store and check out the 900D and Cosmos II in person. I did and the 900D panels feel cheap but it is otherwise a very nice case. The Cosmos II is very solid but lacks a window (yes I know it can be modded), it also has plenty of HDD space but not nearly as good of radiator support as the 900D does.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I got the quote back, its going to cost $51 for shipping and it will come flat packed :| 

Works out to be about £350

I got the quote back, its going to cost $51 for shipping and it will come flat packed :| 

Works out to be about £350

That's not bad at all. Worth building yourself to save a ton of money! I'm glad they've came down on their overseas shipping costs. I know they have been working on doing it since it's was insanely high before. 

I just measured the case and with the stock top panel it's 23" from the floor. The stock panel is a little more than a half inch. So that should give you an idea how tall it will be with the extended top panel. 

From front to back it's about 22 1/2 inches

Side to side is about 11 1/4 Inches. 

It's a rough measurement but that's about what you should expect. 

im going to get the case in the new year, will be a while before i get the other hardware though

That's not bad at all. Worth building yourself to save a ton of money! I'm glad they've came down on their overseas shipping costs. I know they have been working on doing it since it's was insanely high before. 

I just measured the case and with the stock top panel it's 23" from the floor. The stock panel is a little more than a half inch. So that should give you an idea how tall it will be with the extended top panel. 

From front to back it's about 22 1/2 inches

Side to side is about 11 1/4 Inches. 

It's a rough measurement but that's about what you should expect. 

My antec 1200 feels small now :| 

My antec 1200 feels small now :|

Haha, it's pretty big. The 900D is still bigger I think which is too much for me.