The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Do you just boil/steam it? If yes, try grilling it. Broccoli, and most veggies, lose nutrients and taste when boiled/steamed.

Do you have a source to back up this claim? According to an article in Scientific American:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/raw-veggies-are-healthier/

Cooked carrots, spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, cabbage, peppers and many other vegetables also supply more antioxidants, such as carotenoids and ferulic acid, to the body than they do when raw, Liu says. At least, that is, if they're boiled or steamed. A January 2008 report in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry said that boiling and steaming better preserves antioxidants, particularly carotenoid, in carrots, zucchini and broccoli, than frying, though boiling was deemed the best. The researchers studied the impact of the various cooking techniques on compounds such as carotenoids, ascorbic acid and polyphenols.

So while it doesn't mention grilling specifically, it does note that steaming and boiling broccoli helps to preserve nutrients - though they note that boiling is best.

I do agree that grilling them makes them taste better though, and many people will enjoy the crunchy texture more as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Sir, I believe you mean Satinism.

The worship of shiny fabric?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

31 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Sir, I believe you mean Satinism.

No, Satanism.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Why not both?

Because Satinism is stupid.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, we were talking about things getting kinky.  Not the Spanish Inquisition.

As an Hispanic, I find that deeply offensive and hugely comical. Well played, sir.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Because Satinism is stupid.

I prefer the texture of satin to the texture of not having my guts in the correct position.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 5/12/2018 at 5:26 PM, Cyberspirit said:

Hey, I want to start losing weight and sort my life out a little bit but, the problem is I have no idea where to start.

So far I stopped drinking sodas and started eating less but, that's about it.

I know that I will need a diet and some sort of physical activity. I was thinking about cycling for example.

It's nice and simple and, not as embarrassing as running or going to a gym.

I don't know where to start so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Consider Atkins or Keto. They have relatively quick weight loss and they're not as restrictive as calorie counting diets as far as the amount of food goes. Both diets focus on your body's natural burning of fats instead of carbohydrates, and as such you're going to have to cut carb consumption dramatically. Around 15-25g a day is a good start, but the point is to keep your body in ketosis so your body continues burning fat for all essential functions. That being said, it can be tough to cook for them if you're not prepared. I've lost 23lb in around the last two months on Atkins so far, but I'm starting to get sick of steaks and bacon (HERESY!) All this being said, I'm going to get off Atkins once I hit my goal weight and maintain my weight by using more traditional dieting methods.

If you choose to go this route, a grill is your best friend IMO. Any meat tastes better grilled than fried in a pan, unless we're talking cast iron.

Cycling and long walks are a great form of physical activity, but I'd also pair it with some more intensive exercise so you can tone your stomach and build some nice muscle.

It has been tough for me, surely. I've had plenty of off days, and I could've lost more weight had I been more careful (and I had a series of multiple events where my family made food that we don't make often, so I didn't want to miss out.) That being said, I'm making progress, and that's what is important. You're not going to get to your goal weight in a day, so it's ultimately about having as few bad days as possible and sticking to your diet as much as possible. My classes are about to end, so I'll have more time to focus on cooking right and getting exercise.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

The problem with fad diets like Atkins is that they are there to sell you a product and pretend things your body needs are harmful.  Honestly, OP should just go to a nutritionist/doctor and find what works best for them.  Eating healthier, exercising, having tests done to find any genetic or other issues, and controlling yourself is usually what they're going to have done.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/should-i-cut-out-carbs-diet-myth-3/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/carbohydrates/art-20045705

I agree on speaking to a nutritionist/doctor. It's always a good idea to consult with them on what they believe is the best path.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

4 hours ago, TheSLSAMG said:

but I'm starting to get sick of steaks and bacon (HEARSAY!)

I think you meant 'heresy', but it gave me a chuckle 

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

7 hours ago, TheSLSAMG said:

I agree on speaking to a nutritionist/doctor. It's always a good idea to consult with them on what they believe is the best path.

But make sure they are not overweight themselves. I won’t trust them otherwise.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

9 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

The problem with fad diets like Atkins is that they are there to sell you a product and pretend things your body needs are harmful.  Honestly, OP should just go to a nutritionist/doctor and find what works best for them.  Eating healthier, exercising, having tests done to find any genetic or other issues, and controlling yourself is usually what they're going to have done.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/should-i-cut-out-carbs-diet-myth-3/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/carbohydrates/art-20045705

Do I just speak to my normal doctor about losing weight or do I have to speak to one who specializes in this stuff?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

2 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Do I just speak to my normal doctor about losing weight or do I have to speak to one who specializes in this stuff?

Furthermore, just ask your doctor for a referral, and he can set you up with a proper nutrition expert.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Your normal doctor should be fine, but if you have your doubts see a nutritionist and avoid the steroid bro type ones at the gym or your local GNC.

I'm late to this, but I'll offer my advice anyway. I lost over 80 pounds in about a year and a half just by switching to a low carb diet. Basically, no sugar and lots of meat and greens. Didn't even do exercise or anything besides an occasional walk or hike. Sad thing is though, it's more of a life style change than a "in and out" diet. I basically stopped the diet last thanksgiving and I've gained back over 20 pounds since then and I feel like crap. From my understanding, the heavier you were at your worst, the easier your weight will come back if you let it go. So I really recommend giving it a go, I know I'm about to hop back in and take control again. Just don't make my mistakes, you gotta find something and stick to it, and exercise, unlike me. Good luck to you!

Here's how I'd start it, make yourself eggs in the morning, they're extremely low carb, taste great and are very satisfying. For lunch, I usually eat last night's leftovers, if there are no left overs, I'll eat a few hot dog weenies with mustard and mayo. I know that sounds really unhealthy, but they're very low carb and I saw great success with it. For supper, it's meat and a vegetable. I kept it simple, I'd chose beef patties or chicken and have green beans, broccoli or spinach on the side. There are lots of other low carbs meals you could do, but I just say keep it as simple as possible. If you do need a snack, chop up a cucumber and put some dressing on it, ranch is my choice. It fills the void of chips and dip pretty damn well.

PS: Water is the shit, drink LOTS of it. Some diet soda every here or there never hurt me, or even some tea made with stevia, but mainly, just stick to water.

If you wanna take this route, feel free to hit me up and ask stuff.

Disclaimer time, this is based on me and my experiences, I'm no health expert, not by a long shot, obviously.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

1 hour ago, 2Buck said:

I'm late to this, but I'll offer my advice anyway. I lost over 80 pounds in about a year and a half just by switching to a low carb diet. Basically, no sugar and lots of meat and greens. Didn't even do exercise or anything besides an occasional walk or hike. Sad thing is though, it's more of a life style change than a "in and out" diet. I basically stopped the diet last thanksgiving and I've gained back over 20 pounds since then and I feel like crap. From my understanding, the heavier you were at your worst, the easier your weight will come back if you let it go. So I really recommend giving it a go, I know I'm about to hop back in and take control again. Just don't make my mistakes, you gotta find something and stick to it, and exercise, unlike me. Good luck to you!

Here's how I'd start it, make yourself eggs in the morning, they're extremely low carb, taste great and are very satisfying. For lunch, I usually eat last night's leftovers, if there are no left overs, I'll eat a few hot dog weenies with mustard and mayo. I know that sounds really unhealthy, but they're very low carb and I saw great success with it. For supper, it's meat and a vegetable. I kept it simple, I'd chose beef patties or chicken and have green beans, broccoli or spinach on the side. There are lots of other low carbs meals you could do, but I just say keep it as simple as possible. If you do need a snack, chop up a cucumber and put some dressing on it, ranch is my choice. It fills the void of chips and dip pretty damn well.

PS: Water is the shit, drink LOTS of it. Some diet soda every here or there never hurt me, or even some tea made with stevia, but mainly, just stick to water.

Disclaimer time, this is based on me and my experiences, I'm no health expert, not by a long shot, obviously.

Does the sugar bit include fruit and berry restrictions? (incl. things like bramley sauce for pork or redcurrent jelly for chicken).

I have set myself a goal: Only eat and drink for 6 € a day. I lost 4kg with that strategy in 3 weeks and I am not overweight. I also saved me money because I am used to 10 € a day. 

My new very challenging goal is to only spend 4 € a day for the next 3 weeks just because I like the challenge.

47 minutes ago, pipnina said:

Does the sugar bit include fruit and berry restrictions? (incl. things like bramley sauce for pork or redcurrent jelly for chicken).

Honestly, I'm not sure. Generally I try to avoid sugar, but as long as the carbs are low I'd make an exception. When I was kicking weight's ass I stayed below 20 carbs a day.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

33 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Honestly, I'm not sure. Generally I try to avoid sugar, but as long as the carbs are low I'd make an exception. When I was kicking weight's ass I stayed below 20 carbs a day.

Some quick searching suggests that the same weight of sugar in fruit vs soda/candy is not as bad. Mainly due to the nutritional value of the fruit and the fiber that comes with it (which may slow down the absorption of the sugar, giving more time to burn it while in quick-release form).

So maybe if tolerance for regular carbs is 20g, it would still be ok to have 30/35g worth in fruity carbs. "Food" for thought.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/29/fruit-sugar-versus-white-sugar_n_3497795.html

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/body-process-fruit-sugars-same-way-refined-sugar-8174.html

1 minute ago, geo3 said:

Burn more calories than you consume.

Found the engineer.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 hours ago, 2Buck said:

20 grams of carbs

Ask your doctor, Mine started me on a 2350 calorie diet and weve slowly lowered it to 1800, ive lost about 40 pounds with basically no increase in activity.

But really just ask yours, noone here knows about your body half as well as you do

18 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Spoiler

Honestly, I'm fine with a lifestyle change because my current one is horrible.

I'm already trying to eat less sugar and walk more as a start also I'm getting a new bike this weekend so I can get some exercise in with that.

There's a thing I'm curious about and that is, what will happen to the excess skin if I lose a significant amount of weight?

Because I'm around 110Kg at the moment so, I have quite a lot of fat on me.

Also, thanks for all the help so far! :x

On 5/12/2018 at 10:26 PM, Cyberspirit said:

Hey, I want to start losing weight and sort my life out a little bit but, the problem is I have no idea where to start.

So far I stopped drinking sodas and started eating less but, that's about it.

I know that I will need a diet and some sort of physical activity. I was thinking about cycling for example.

It's nice and simple and, not as embarrassing as running or going to a gym.

I don't know where to start so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm naturally very slim so i don't have any experience with loosing weight but what i've seen a lot of people do is diet incorrectly; first of all don't for example don't completely cut out carbs that not what you want to do. You want to use more calories than you're taking in

Set yourself a daily limit of calories (the RDA would be a good place to start) and try not to eat beyond that, on top of that you need to eat healthily and start exercising; hit the gym or start doing runs everyday

Get a "gym buddy" it's well known that when people try to loose weight together they are less likely to quit early; Rock Climbing is a good all over workout, but it can get very expensive climbing everyday

Cycling is a good thing to do, however that will mainly focus on the legs, you need to look at other exercise that will also work your upper half