How much actuation force is required for a membrane keyboard?

inf3rno

I am a little bit late (1y), sorry for that. :-) My Logitech K120 (membrane) is 65g. I measured it with coins. I use to rest my fingers on it around 30-40g while gaming, so I think a Cherry red might be the best for me. The bigger the force the more your fingers are getting tired from typing. The smaller the force the easier to accidentally press a button.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:40 AM, inf3rno said:

I am a little bit late (1y), sorry for that. :-) My Logitech K120 (membrane) is 65g. I measured it with coins. I use to rest my fingers on it around 30-40g while gaming, so I think a Cherry red might be the best for me. The bigger the force the more your fingers are getting tired from typing. The smaller the force the easier to accidentally press a button.

And I am using a Logitech K200 which is also a membrane keyboard. And I think the Cherry MX Blue switches is good for me as the brown is a little too light resulting into typos. And 65g wont seems much on my KB tho it still feels lighter switches xD

On 7/2/2017 at 5:12 AM, Castdeath97 said:

Hmm, this is the first negative opinion on browns I hear of. Mind elaborating on how they don't have a click to them?

On 7/2/2017 at 5:15 AM, L.Lawliet said:

No kidding most people love brown including me.

They just like blues only they didnt emit a clicking sounds but still has a tactile feedback.

Its a switch for those whose wife are annoyed when u are typing in the middle of the night with blue switch.

Lol emit? to hell with english.

Because the don't feel tactile at all. They are basically linear. I wan't a switch with real tactility like MX clear or Zealios. As someone who's totally into mechanical keyboards I'd rather type on a good membrane keyboard then MX browns. 

• 1 month later...

Depends on the company, I assume.