help needed installing os

hey guys i dont know how to install an os my laptop is a lenovo yoga 500 it used to work on windows 10 but after some error i decided ill get lemon mint but i didnt know how to do it so now i lost my windows os and i dont need any data from it and im unable to install any os i dont know how to im currently using a pendrive bootable flash drive to post this please help me

Thank you

3 minutes ago, karanam said:

lemon mint

Linux Mint you meant, I assume? If so:

1) Make a bootable flash drive

2) Boot into linux

3) Select install and follow the instructions.

Since you don't need to keep anything on the drive you can choose the simplest option and just overwrite what's on the drive.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

You can install Win10 again if you want. It will activate automatically since key is stored onboard.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can install Win10 again if you want. It will activate automatically since key is stored onboard.

i dont have any disks  and i dont know where the key is the laptop box is long gone

6 minutes ago, karanam said:

i dont have any disks  and i dont know where the key is the laptop box is long gone

It's stored in special module on motherboard. You can't loose it. You also can't use that key anywhere else. Your options for reinstall are getting restore files from Lenovos support site or download pure Windows ISO and make bootable usb.

Actually you might still have restore partition. Refer manual or help files on Lenovos site for further info.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's stored in special module on motherboard. You can't loose it. You also can't use that key anywhere else. Your options for reinstall are getting restore files from Lenovos support site or download pure Windows ISO and make bootable usb.

where do i find pure windows?

Just now, karanam said:

where do i find pure windows?

There are few sites. windowsiso.net is one, but only offers torrents. Microsoft site is another, but you need non-windows device to get direct download.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There are few sites. windowsiso.net is one, but only offers torrents. Microsoft site is another, but you need non-windows device to get direct download.

i couldnt see download option in microsoft