What is the difference between DH74 and EI067R

Linus did a video on the Asus gl503vs-dh74 (the carbon fiber scar edition laptop) and the only one I can find where I live is the gl503vs-EI067R. They have the exact same specs and this laptop is on special and it's the best deal I've come across. What is the difference between the two? Which laptop would you recommend for university (Computer Science)? I know the battery life is shocking on this laptop but I want to be able to do everything on it (even though I have a gaming pc) and compared to everything else it seems like a no-brainer. There are laptops with 1060s with the same price but... 1070 9_9 I'm from South Africa so the prices are in rands, here are some of my options, I don't really want to spend more than R30k:

https://www.evetech.co.za/gigabyte-aero-15w-v8-core-i7-gtx-1060-gaming-laptop-deal/laptops-for-sale/7807.aspx

https://www.evetech.co.za/asus-gl503vs-core-i7-gtx-1070-g-sync-gaming-laptop-deal/laptops-for-sale/7848.aspx

https://www.evetech.co.za/asus-gm501gm-core-i7-gtx-1060-gaming-laptop-deal/laptops-for-sale/7344.aspx

Idk what else.

What about a dell xps with better battery life but still with gaming capabilities? What are my other options of laptops that offer both?

Update: I saw some reviews on the gigabyte aero 15x and i wouldnt mind paying a bit more for it, thoughts?

https://www.evetech.co.za/gigabyte-aero-15x-v8-gtx-1070-gaming-laptop-deal/laptops-for-sale/7808.aspx

Avoid Asus GL series. All are toasters.

Gigabyte Aero 15X also has mediocre cooling, even after LM repaste. Zephyrus M is OK but has poor battery life. XPS 15 has issues.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Hmm, about the aero, isn't that just for unrealistic synthetic stress tests that makes it mediocre? I want a laptop that can game, last reasonably long without a charger and everything else and so the 2018 aero seems like my best bet so far, thoughts? What would your idea of an 'all-in-one' be?

1 hour ago, Judert said:

Hmm, about the aero, isn't that just for unrealistic synthetic stress tests that makes it mediocre?

Stock paste: Some throttling already occurs in moderate load like gaming. Pretty high temps too.

LM: Throttling only in heavy stress test

If you need battery life, Aero 15X is the only option. However this depends on what games you play, what settings+resolution you prefer in games and how long the battery life you need.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

I'll only be coding and stuff on battery so that sounds great.

Thanks for the help :) I appreciate it ^_^

1 hour ago, Judert said:

I'll only be coding and stuff on battery

Then why go for gaming laptop?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Well, I might game on battery but most of the time I don't think so.

So I can play games when I have some spare time or when I'm with friends. I don't want my options to be limited when im out and about.

Now that you mentioned it, are there any all-rounded laptops with good battery life that you would recommend? Like on the other end of the spectrum (i.e Cheap). I'm either going balls to the walls or budget that can meet my requirements. sorry for all the questions :/

14 hours ago, Judert said:

game on battery

You'll get reduced performance. Depending on which GPU, you may get ~75% reduced gaming performance

14 hours ago, Judert said:

are there any all-rounded laptops with good battery life that you would recommend?

I need you to answer this first:

18 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

what games you play, what settings+resolution you prefer in games and how long the battery life you need.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I don't need to game on battery, just need it to last when I'm out coding etc. I play every type of game, from witcher to 2d games.

update, didnt see your question: Ok so i need it to last for lectures and when im on campus. Idk how many hours, is the battery considered good or average?

Edited by Judert
my stupidity

24 minutes ago, Judert said:

just need it to last when I'm out coding etc.

Then you need a laptop with good battery life since load will reduce battery life significantly. Unfortunately there aren't many light laptops with good battery life and powerful hardware (especially GPU).

Gigabyte Aero 15 with 8750H+1060 seems OK, however I strongly suggest a LM repaste (make sure you know how to do it to prevent leakage) together with CPU+GPU undervolting. If you're feeling not confident, consider buying from GentechPC (select TG Conductonaut on CPU, IC Diamond on GPU) or use non conductive paste like Gelid GE Extreme.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I have no idea how to get LM in South Africa though lol, dont think gentechpc is a thing here either. Importing will be a problem because of tax and whatnot but ill see what i can do. The aero i was referring to was the one with a 1070 but that would only make cooling matters worse i guess lol. A review I saw the other day said how some people have no thermal throttling at all with the laptop while some do. Sounds like bs but then couldnt i order the laptop and send back if its an issue on my one? idk im just taking a long shot. Are there any beefier laptops (not light) that are powerful with good battery life? I know the 8th gen laptops are a recent thing so you think something else similarly spec would come out?

Thanks for answering all my questions, I appreciate you staying :D

6 hours ago, Judert said:

Are there any beefier laptops (not light) that are powerful with good battery life?

Maybe Alienware 15/17 no Gsync. Dell G5/G7 also if you want a cheaper option, however the Max-Q 1060 needs to be tuned.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

The Alienwares are seriously overpriced where i stay. Ok awesome, I was also hearing good things about the new G line up. Thanks bro xD