Pc will boot with one 1080ti not 2 plz help

Blacklablelive

I recently bought a second 1080ti and a new mobo. Asus maximus x formula. Whenever I install the second card. My pc turn on. No display and get a post code 30 or sometime 44. When I uninstall it. It boot fine. Iv tested both cards by them self's. Boot to windows fine. But when I try a run both. I get a computer with no display. Pumps and fans turn on. But stuck with post code 30 and black screen. Iv also tried it on another mobo. Maximus x hero. Same thing.

64 bit

Psu evga 1600

Asus 1080ti turbo x2

Mobo asus maximus x formula 

Is the pci slot your connecting it to turned on in the BIOS ?

Do you have enough PCI lanes to handle 2 cards,

Do you have enough wattage from your PSU, are you connecting all required power cables to your cards. Have you plugged in each card signally to verify its not at fault?

I'm on a asus maximus x formula comeing from a asus maximus x hero. Both have the same problem. One card at a time works. But if both installed I get no display and post code 30. My psu is a evga 1600 supernova. If I place cards in slot 1 x16 and slot 3 x4 it will boot. But no sli or linking cards. But if I do slot 1 and slot 2 x8. Wont boot nor display at all. Even one card alone in slot 2 will not boot. Iv bought the second board yesterday. Asus maximus x formula thinking it was my slot on the 1st board. But now both boards don't work in slot 2 and give code 30

Iv also found nothing for the pcie slot in bios. just for slot 3 to go from x2 to x4

37 minutes ago, cncr04s said:

Is the pci slot your connecting it to turned on in the BIOS ?

Do you have enough PCI lanes to handle 2 cards,

Do you have enough wattage from your PSU, are you connecting all required power cables to your cards. Have you plugged in each card signally to verify its not at fault?

Replied in thread

Code 30 is related to it being in sleep mode, try disabling options that reference that.

16 minutes ago, cncr04s said:

Code 30 is related to it being in sleep mode, try disabling options that reference that.

Options like?