Ongoing H80 Issues

Chap

Just a warning to other forum members of my ongoing experiences with my H80.

In the past year I have had 3 RMA's for my H80 due to the following failures

1) Out of the box, the molex pins bent and wire contacts broken in a new sealed box from a local vendor Not ncix, my first mistake. Vendor would not accept return and I had to RMA the unit. Note that this was not to do proper instillation (I've been building pc’s for years)

2) New unit received from corsair, radiator had visible dents in radiator fins (only cosmetic) but I let that slide. When H80 was started up, the pump sounded like a miniature blender. When I contacted Corsair support, they knew of this issues and started RMA#2.

3) Third unit worked fine for a 4-5 months until I looked in my case and noticed the plastic plate on the pump/heat sink block (plastic part with corsair logo, light to indicate setting and mode button) was almost crooked. At a simple touch the plastic cover fell off and dangled by the internal wires. Pump still functions but unit is heading for RMA# 3 .

Be warned of these issues when looking at H80’s on sale right now. I have cannot speak to the quality of the H80i but have once again heard mixed reports from customers (all over corsair's forum)

This post is not meant to be a post out of anger or a bashing of Corsair as I own many of their products and in the past year have built a handful of machines for family and friends in their cases. To be fair, the time between failures, the H80 worked great and had decent temperatures at idle and at gaming load a max of only mid 40's.

Thanks for letting us know. Let's hope the third RMA's the charm my friend and I'm so sorry for your problems with your H80. Corsair for me has been excellent for many years and I haven't been disappointed products all that much. Sad to hear someone having problems with products of a reputable brand.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

unfortunately theres always one! i once had a RAM stick from Scan UK and it was faulty from new! returned it and so was the second one, I had given up on OCZ so turned to Corsair and then finally my isse was resolved.

Its unfortunate that you expierienced this but your in corsairs hand, a strong firm...

Thanks guys,

Although my issues have been ongoing, at each step Corsair's RMA and tech support staff have been helpful and very quick in responding to issues