Windows not showing cpu overclock?

So this isn't a super big deal I just want to know what's up, and why windows does this. On windows it shows my I5-6600k at stock speeds (3.5ghz) but I know for a fact it's overclocked to 4.5 ghz. It shows it at 4.5 both in the BIOS and on hardware monitor. Not sure what the deal is but I was just wondering.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

The cpu will always have the same listed clock speed, thats just a part of the system info that it reports. Its not showing current clock in system info.

The BIOS doesn't change the clock speed. It stays like that.

To see your overclock in use, open Task Manager and under performance, look for CPU Usage. 

The clock speed should show up there, but only of the temps are low enough for the overclock and the system is actually under load.

hi.

The system info only shows basic stuff. Same way as CPU-Z or Speccy will (they have @ telling real clock speed). Task manager isn't better, it can be buggy showing OC or realistic clocks in general.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

the stuff shown in system info is just information thats burned into a certain section of the cpu meant for storing model number and manufacturer info. Task manager and any other tool that actively monitors the cpu will show the real info.

• 8 months later...

Thank you guys for the help I actually figured it out not long after this post and forgot about making it sorry for wasting your time guys but it's much appreciated