Best 120mm case fan?

Hey there, I need four new 120mm case fans and I'm just wondering what the best fan actually is, I'm looking for ones that look nice, that are quiet and that are effective. Anyways I'd love to hear what you guys think!

Thanks,

Rabi

Noctua fans are the go to fans for everyone. The NF-12 ones.

Personally, I end up with a mix of Noctuas on my radiators and Corsair fans where things can be seen (they got to look pretty)

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Preemptive post before NFF12 legion

What is good will depend on your budget for all 4 total, what would that be?

probably 50-60 dollars

Nice cheap but effective fans would be Silverstone AP122

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

probably 50-60 dollars

You'll probably want to look at Rosewill Hyperboreas, Bitfenix Spectres, Silverstone AP122's, and Fractal R2 fans.

Pick gives what you want the most between the specs of them. All are on Newegg.

oops I didn't see you were in Canada, they should still be similarly priced, but I'm not sure about the availability.

Edited by helping

Error: 410

BeQuiet! Pure Wings 2 are great quiet fans on a budget. Looks are personal opinion, but I quite like them.

If you want to spend some more money, I would go for some Noiselocker eLoops.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Scythe GT AP15s if you can find any. Else E-loops or Grand Flex when they're out. AP123s are good as well.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

NF-F12, Be quiet shadow wings, AF or SP120..

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

NF-S12 for case fans

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

NF-F12, Be quiet shadow wings, AF or SP120..

no sp120 and af120 are not that great fans. sp120 is too loud and af120 doesn't move that much air.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

NB-BlackSilent Pro 120mm and Noctua NF-12 are the best fans out there.
If you can't afford them, Shadow Wings, Corsair AF or SPs, Silverstone Air penetrators, those are quite good fans too.

You'll probably want to look at Rosewill Hyperboreas, Bitfenix Spectres, Silverstone AP122's, and Fractal R2 fans.

Pick gives what you want the most between the specs of them. All are on Newegg.

oops I didn't see you were in Canada, they should still be similarly priced, but I'm not sure about the availability.

That's what Newegg Canada is for. :P

@Rabi Any color scheme you're shooting for? What are you using it for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That's what Newegg Canada is for. :P

@Rabi Any color scheme you're shooting for? What are you using it for?

I am going for a red and black scheme 

I am going for a red and black scheme 

Didn't answer my other question: What are you using it for?

For the case? Radiator? Heatsink?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Didn't answer my other question: What are you using it for?

For the case? Radiator? Heatsink?

sorry, I am using it for a custom case that I am building  

Noiseblocker fans look and perform great... downside is that they are on the more expensive side (they come in black or black/white) 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

sorry, I am using it for a custom case that I am building  

So are you using it for the case?

Well I, being a super cheap-o have only used the NZXT 120 MM fans: AF series. And the Sharktoon ones. They are good for me.

Never really bought an expensive fan, I see no reason to dish out more than 50 bucks on a piece of motor with plastic on it. 

^ the above are around 10 bucks, and are quiet. (since i never had expensive ones i dont really know if they can be quieter)

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

NF-F12's are for radiators, they are way louder then NF-P12 fans and NF-S12's. Noiseblocker blacksilentpros are good case fans, and are black, not ugly brown and tan, and are quieter

So are you using it for the case?

yeah!