Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

I have just started running folding @ home on my 32 thread server but it's not getting the results that I though? Its says its only going to get around 33k ppd. It seems to be really low compared with my main rig that brings in 336k ppd.

Any help would be great to bring that number up. It looks to be running on all cores at 100%

 

Rig specs 

OS : windows server 2016

1st Processor : Xeon E7 - 4830 - 8 core

2nd Processor : Xeon E7 - 4830 - 8 core

Memory : 96 GB

 

Just thinking would it be better if I ran them in smaller hyper v clients?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have your specs listed anywhere (for your main machine), so I'll assume it has a GPU. If it does, that's why it gets much higher scores. GPUs are far better for Folding. CPUs don't get many PPD. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Lenovo1984 said:

You don't have your specs listed anywhere (for your main machine), so I'll assume it has a GPU. If it does, that's why it gets much higher scores. GPUs are far better for Folding. CPUs don't get many PPD. 

@Lenovo1984Very true, it does have a GPU in but still I would think those numbers are a bit low? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Powelljl said:

@Lenovo1984Very true, it does have a GPU in but still I would think those numbers are a bit low? 

How long have you been running F@H on the machine? If it has only been a day or less the PPD won't be accurate. 

 

P.S. LTT is currently competing in a BOINC competition if you can get involved it would really be appreciated. 

 


My Folding Stats Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! 

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

How long have you been running F@H on the machine? If it has only been a day or less the PPD won't be accurate. 

 

P.S. LTT is currently competing in a BOINC competition if you can get involved it would really be appreciated. 

@Ben QuigleyYep it's been running for 24 hours, not sure how to set up Boinc, never been involved with it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Powelljl said:

@Ben QuigleyYep it's been running for 24 hours, not sure how to set up Boinc, never been involved with it

 

It's pretty simple, you can always ask on the thread I linked for any help and info. 


My Folding Stats Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! 

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×