Carry-on PC

Sashi

So I need some help here... hehe

I have a SG05 and had a 7850 in it. I downgraded to a GTX560ti 448 Classified that I got off on craigslist for super cheap. I didn't realize it would be 10.5" long until I actually tried to fit it in the case.

I would probably need to cut the front bezel to fit it in. I read that the SG06 front panel is deeper so I can probably grab a SG06 and mod it to make it fit and still look good on the front.

This PC serves as my super portable gaming/editing rig when I'm on the road. I need it to be small enough to fit into a Pelican case or a padded backpack, carry-on legal limit.

I was thinking of doing a couple of things.

1. Get the SG06, mod it

2. Sell off the GTX560ti 448 and get second hand GTX560ti

3. Find another case that fits a 10.5" but keep it small enough to fit into a backpack/pelican case.

Side questions:

Which pelican case can even fit the SG05/06 but still keep it carry-on flight legal limit?

Whats a good place to get some foam so if a pelican case doesn't work I can always mod my backpack and put foam in it

● Thermaltake Core P5 ● ASUS Z170-A ● Intel Core i7-6700k 
● EK Supremacy EVO ● 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 
● EVGA GTX 770 ● Samsung 850 EVO 250GB ● XFX 750W Black Edition PSU

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you should look for the sugo sg07/08, they can hold up to 12" graphics cards and are also very small cases. Although they are a bit expensive.

You can have a look at the Antec NSK3480 or NSK3300? They're a bit on the lower-end side, they do fit your card. In general the reviews are fairly good.

It may be too large for your use though; modding the SG06 sounds like a good plan imo.

I would say 2 and also consider:

How much would it cost to replace the case vs replace the graphics card with something that will fit?

Edit: Also is the 560ti your only choice?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Lian Li pcq11 and theoretically if I could put it in a bag and bring it on a plane I could, I did it once with a SG03 and felt stupid but the pcq11 is so small I put it with my other luggage now, The pcq11 only takes a 240mm gfx and I searched long and hard for a card that would fit, I landed on a gtx 660(not TI) from palit, tiny thing but I can roll 1080p gaming on it no sweat