Is Fx504 better than ROG GL553VE?

Go to solution Solved by TheDankKoosh,
2 hours ago, Aegis Team said:

Hey guys,im new to this Linus Forum!

Wanna ask you guys before i spend my money on this laptop.Which laptop is better for gaming?The Fx504 or the GL553VE?Im going for GTX1050ti version for Fx504

I know both is also a gaming laptop but I wanna know the pros and cons of both of this gaming laptop.

I wanna know the temp,the designs,the performance on gaming mode.

Can you guys help me out with this?Im having a hard time thinking of it since both is my favourite gaming laptop!

thank you so much!

IMO you shouldn't get either, the dell G3 offers the same or better performance at the same price while also providing better build quality.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-dell-g3-15-gaming-laptop/spd/g-series-15-3579-laptop

Asus laptops are generally terribly cooled and power throttled, dell on the other hand has been making pretty good machines in the past few years.

Wanna ask you guys before i spend my money on this laptop.Which laptop is better for gaming?The Fx504 or the GL553VE?Im going for GTX1050ti version for Fx504

I know both is also a gaming laptop but I wanna know the pros and cons of both of this gaming laptop.

Can you guys help me out with this?Im having a hard time thinking of it since both is my favourite gaming laptop!

thank you so much!

2 hours ago, Aegis Team said:

thank you so much!

IMO you shouldn't get either, the dell G3 offers the same or better performance at the same price while also providing better build quality.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-dell-g3-15-gaming-laptop/spd/g-series-15-3579-laptop

Asus laptops are generally terribly cooled and power throttled, dell on the other hand has been making pretty good machines in the past few years.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

Both are terrible. What's your budget in MYR and what are your requirements?

8 hours ago, TheDankKoosh said:

dell G3

It has a new chassis and new cooling design so I suggest to wait for reviews first before buying

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Both are terrible. What's your budget in MYR and what are your requirements?

It has a new chassis and new cooling design so I suggest to wait for reviews first before buying

My budget is around 5k below.sir.

11 hours ago, TheDankKoosh said:

Oh i see.

57 minutes ago, Aegis Team said:

My budget is around 5k below.sir.

Dell G7 7588 with 8750H+1050TI

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

17 inch or 15 inch?

if 15 inch go get the gl503ge

if 17 inch go get the gl703ge

2 hours ago, CancerousNinja said:

17 inch or 15 inch?

if 15 inch go get the gl503ge

if 17 inch go get the gl703ge

Don't get Asus FX and GL series. They have terrible cooling. Can't even handle a 1050 properly.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

U sure about that?

the gl503vm handled a gtx 1060 pretty well, 78c

2 minutes ago, CancerousNinja said:

U sure about that?

the gl503vm handled a gtx 1060 pretty well, 78c

In games lol. Plus super loud fan noise and very hot surface temps

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 5/6/2018 at 3:39 PM, ZM Fong said:

Don't get Asus FX and GL series. They have terrible cooling. Can't even handle a 1050 properly.

If you want a GL503 don’t get the hero edition, get the scar edition. The hero’s cooling design is just bad

2 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

In games lol. Plus super loud fan noise and very hot surface temps

I tried one my self, temps are acceptable in a 5 hour gaming use. For the fan, well wear a headphone when gaming

2 minutes ago, CancerousNinja said:

If you want a GL503 don’t get the hero edition, get the scar edition. The hero’s cooling design is just bad

Both have shit cooling.

1 minute ago, CancerousNinja said:

I tried one my self, temps are acceptable in a 5 hour gaming use. For the fan, well wear a headphone when gaming

Why choose them when there are options with much better cooling? Are you Asus fanboy?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Both have shit cooling.

Why choose them when there are options with much better cooling? Are you Asus fanboy?

Well I returned mine because of the hard drive failing and decided to get the gm501, because of its superior cooling over the other 8th gen laptop’s and suprisingly it’s cooling is a lot better than the GL503 even with the new cpu. So technically yea I agree with you that the GL503 has bad cooling, I’m just giving my own opinion but I know that Asus’s Budget lineups suck so msi and dell have better options 

1 hour ago, CancerousNinja said:

decided to get the gm501, because of its superior cooling over the other 8th gen laptop’s and suprisingly it’s cooling is a lot better than the GL503 even with the new cpu

Thin gaming laptops will NEVER have superior cooling. GL503 has terrible cooling design: poor airflow, poor thermal paste, insufficient heatpipes etc

msi and dell have better options 

MSI GL and GP suck too. GP still acceptable but I'll not recommended them, there are better options with better build quality, display and cooling. (17 inch models have optional 120Hz TN panel which is probably higher quality)

Acer nitro 5 i7 8750h+Gtx1050ti

Mediocre CPU cooling since they haven't change the cooling design

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Both are extremely meh. You're better off going with something like a Dell G7. 

ASUS gaming laptops that don't start with "GX" or "G" are super mediocre unless you're willing to mess around with them after purchase. They run way too warm with little attention to quality. 

And this is coming from a guy who owns (and likes) a GL502VM that has some mods to make it easier to live with 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1