nVidia ends GeForce Partner Program

WMGroomAK
3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

they could have went amd only if their brand was worth so much lol

You know vendors are not GPU fanboys, right? Why would Asus for instance, say no to access to NVidia's GPU market? Or AMD's GPU market? But I guess abuse of power is irrelevant, if you just chose to exit a huge multibillion dollar market. That makes sense.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, Notional said:

Neither did I state so. But we are talking about international companies. They might not break the law in Taiwan or the US with the GPP. But that doesn't mean they aren't breaking the laws in Canada or Japan. So when you make a blanket statement about NVidia not breaking "the law", you're kinda over reaching, don't you think?

Find the law were a company must sell their product to whom ever requests it. Then you'll be right. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Find the law were a company must sell their product to whom ever requests it. Then you'll be right. 

That is not the issue of GPP, so idk why you bring that in?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Notional said:

You know vendors are not GPU fanboys, right? Why would Asus for instance, say no to access to NVidia's GPU market? Or AMD's GPU market? But I guess abuse of power is irrelevant, if you just chose to exit a huge multibillion dollar market. That makes sense.

They aren't fan boys but they know where their money is coming from and its not from AMD when it comes to graphics cards, nV has 70% plus of that graphics card market and that is what they are looking at.

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

not even close example

generic names are not sub brands

so reebok can use the jordan name for a line of products?

burger king can name their chicken nuggets mcnuggets?

how is not allowing AMD gaming cards be advertised as gaming cards not like a dealer not allows to advertise a Porsche as a sports car?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, Notional said:

Think its because others are saying that it forces AIB's with exclusivity and supply because of that, Kyle's article also went into that lol.  Wink and a nod thing.  Again it was his opinion that created this circus of BS.

Just now, Razor01 said:

They aren't fan boys but they know where their money is coming from and its not from AMD when it comes to graphics cards, nV has 70% plus of that graphics card market and that is what they are looking at.

Exactly. So just writing that off, is not a choice. That is the entire point: NVidia abusing their power as a market leader. Remember this goes beyond just GPU's. You have laptops too, and we even saw how Kaby Lake G nucs/laptops became a huge problem for the vendors because of GPP.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

how is not allowing AMD gaming cards be advertised as gaming cards not like a dealer not allows to advertise a Porsche as a sports car?

Kyle's article never showed that as proof though ya know he selectively pulled out parts of the contract to talk about that, you can't do that, because contracts aren't one sentence long.

Nvidia says those who enter the program get benefits, those who don't, don't. Name the law against such a thing. Remeber that you can be a partner with Nvidia and not be in the program, they would have still recieved product. 

Exactly. So just writing that off, is not a choice. That is the entire point: NVidia abusing their power as a market leader. Remember this goes beyond just GPU's. You have laptops too, and we even saw how Kaby Lake G nucs/laptops became a huge problem for the vendors because of GPP.

Did we see a huge problem with Kaby Lake G laptops?  Did we forget AMD stated those notebooks WILL NOT compete in the same markets their GPU's will be in?

Now abuse of market position, does it directly affect AMD's ability to sell GPU's to the said vendors?  It must do so because that is how our current laws are set up, because that will eventually hurt the end consumer, us.  Which is what the Gov's are after.  They don't care about inter-company squabbles as long as it doesn't affect the end user market.

It might hurt their sales indirectly because now their new AIB brand is weaker, but that is not due to limiting the ability to sell the GPU's, its the ability for AIB's to promote their new brand to continue the sales momentum.

This is exactly the same way the EU laws are set up too.  They don't go into advertising and branding in their laws, that is done on a per jurisdiction basis each country in the EU has their own laws for that.

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nvidia says those who enter the program get benefits, those who don't, don't. Name the law against such a thing. Remeber that you can be a partner with Nvidia and not be in the program, they would have still recieved product. 

Benefits necessary to be competitive. You know these vendors needs engineer samples months ahead, as well as support from NVidia to properly use it. Yeah that goes away, when you don't sign. You also get under prioritized with stock, so you can't sell as many. It was a scummy programme that skewed competition, both between the vendors and between AMD and NVidia.

It seems Asus has already pulled the AREZ brand, as it no longer shows up on the US site, unless you outright search for it, which gives you greyed out results.

Just now, Notional said:

Benefits necessary to be competitive. You know these vendors needs engineer samples months ahead, as well as support from NVidia to properly use it. Yeah that goes away, when you don't sign. You also get under prioritized with stock, so you can't sell as many. It was a scummy programme that skewed competition, both between the vendors and between AMD and NVidia.

It seems Asus has already pulled the AREZ brand, as it no longer shows up on the US site, unless you outright search for it, which gives you greyed out results.

that's buisness, not against the law. If it was Far Cry 5 wouldn't be AMD supported and our world would look completely different. 

Just now, App4that said:

that's buisness, not against the law. If it was Far Cry 5 wouldn't be AMD supported and our world would look completely different. 

Again, we can only conclude that, if a given court has come to that conclusion. Until then, it's just speculation/belief.

13 minutes ago, Notional said:

not many aibs get to do both amd and nvidia also

quid pro quo period happens all the time in business

like i said hate on asus for signing away fast instead of fighting or negotiating

8 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

gaming brand aligned exclusively for geforce read the article again

never said anything about gaming only brand

and fyi sports car is generic like gpu

please name other competing products that have same sub brands plz do

Again, we can only conclude that, if a given court has come to that conclusion. Until then, it's just speculation/belief.

No it's not LOL. Any retailer has suppliers, you enter a contract with them to be able to sell their product. Most will give you benefits if their competition isn't in your store. Come on bro, you're smarter than this. 

Ever asked a restaurant if they serve Coke or Pepsi? Ever wonder why?

1 minute ago, App4that said:

No it's not LOL. Any retailer has suppliers, you enter a contract with them to be able to sell their product. Most will give you benefits if their competition isn't in your store. Come on bro, you're smarter than this. 

partnerships

can I order a pepsi at mcdonalds?

and fyi nvidia hasnt done anything like that to block amd at all 9_9

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

partnerships

can I order a pepsi at mcdonalds?

and fyi nvidia hasnt done anything like that to block amd at all

I'm using it as an example as I owned a buisness, so know how suppliers work. 

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

not many aibs get to do both amd and nvidia also

quid pro quo period happens all the time in business

like i said hate on asus for signing away fast instead of fighting or negotiating

Most get to do both, but some companies have separate company branding for each GPU vendor. The only true exclusive I know of, are Sapphire and XFX for AMD and EVGA for NVidia. XFX used to be NVidia exclusive, but when they wanted to make AMD cards as well, NVidia excluded them.

Asus has no negotiation power against NVidia. That's the point.

Just now, Notional said:

Most get to do both, but some companies have separate company branding for each GPU vendor. The only true exclusive I know of, are Sapphire and XFX for AMD and EVGA for NVidia. XFX used to be NVidia exclusive, but when they wanted to make AMD cards as well, NVidia excluded them.

ASUS has the ASUS name. It's not Nvidia's responsibility. It's ASUS, to offer a product people want to buy. 

Just now, App4that said:

I'm using as an example as I owned a buisness, so know how suppliers work. 

Everybody in business is looking for that extra edge to beat out their competitors, doesn't matter if its when they are up or when they are down.  Its normal in business to create partnerships that are beneficial to ones self.  Gov's can't get involved in that unless its directly influencing the consumer.

Gov's don't give partners the negotiation power that comes from the what the AIB can do for the said company.  So Geforce is whats selling, AIB's must cater to the Geforce brand.  If Geforce only had 50% of the market, then their Rog brand or what ever would still have the negotiation power, since it matters just as much as the Geforce brand.  The moment AMD started slipping markeshare it was over for them, the AIB's no longer have any control of the market since their brand did not carve that market.

We aren't talking about one horse race here that is the ONLY supplier of products for a region.

proof of this?

or just heresay?

oh wait wouldnt that violate the law if true? oh wait we talking about allocation of chips and branding in one shot here hence why I brought up palit article

fyi there are many more companies at are exclusive to each brand now if you talk world wide

8 minutes ago, App4that said:

I'm using it as an example as I owned a buisness, so know how suppliers work. 

that being said I should be pissed at the bar I'm going to cause they only give me 14 options on tap not like old chicago giving me over 100 lol

Just now, pas008 said:

that being said I should be pissed at the bar I'm going to cause they only give me 14 options on tap not like old chicago giving me over 100 lol

The issue is SJWs got involved with tech news. That means every large company is out to get us and got where they are by taking advantage of people. Not that they offer a product which beats the competition. So Nvidia just being stupid isn't enough, there must be marginalization. 

Just now, App4that said:

The issue is SJWs got involved with tech news. That means every large company is out to get us and got where they are by taking advantage of people. Not that they offer a product which beats the competition. So Nvidia just being stupid isn't enough, there must be marginalization. 

Nvidia is a cut throat company