nVidia ends GeForce Partner Program

WMGroomAK
5 hours ago, Carclis said:

You are describing exactly how property rights work. Technically nobody owns land here in Australia because we are merely "freeholding", holding land using a license which expires after 100 years.

The important thing you're missing though is that these rights in AIB partners case stipulate the specification that they should conform to in order to receive support from Nvidia and to respect their property. They are conditions of use for the end product that companies like Asus produce. At the end of the day the Nvidia GPU die is no different from an AMG Mercedes engine which is being used in a Lamborghini. It's licensed to them with an accompanying specification that must be met. But the end product that comes out of Lamborghini is not the same as a Mercedes. These products are both the culminations of many IP's but the designs are originals from Lamborghini and Mercedes. It is their product and design because what they received is different from what they sold. They produced their own product.

I don't know how its there in is AUS, but if we buy property here, its ours to do with as we wish and its passed along to family even if there is no will, but there can be stipulations on that too, based on the seller, neighborhood (usually for exclusive residencies).  Now if there is property tax in the state that you buy property here, you must pay that or their can be a lean put on you.

Not just support, even selling of their a board that is based on nV's IP that they paid for to make.  Ah no if MB had an IP agreement with Lambo and Lambo didn't fulfill that agreement, Lambo, can not sell their car, they might need to give the engine back in original form that it was given to them.

Again we are talking about IP vs outright ownership.  IP has certain rights.

Want me to give you an example of IP of MB engines.  Look at new Aston Martin DB I think, that uses an MB engine, one of the stipulation's put on them is they can't compete in the same market at MB doesn't, and the Aston Martin DB with that MB engine doesn't compete in the market that MB cars with that engine are in.  If Aston Martin breaks that by lower prices of their DB to where MB cars are at, then they have problems.

4 hours ago, Carclis said:

Well that's the whole point of this thread, right? It's not legal but it does happen.

Its legal lol, its an agreement between the two parties.  If that agreement brakes laws then there is a problem, otherwise no problems at all.

2 hours ago, Razor01 said:

Its legal lol, its an agreement between the two parties.  If that agreement brakes laws then there is a problem, otherwise no problems at all.

6 hours ago, App4that said:

Why I said let that shit go LOL!!!

Walk into Best Buy, or Game Stop. Everything from the zoning to encaps is a relationship with venders and other companies. Sony spend millions and millions on those relationships so the PS4 is pushed to the front. Don't see a topic on that, right?

Because you don't see it. People see the GPP, so they react. Even though it's nothing out of the ordinary. YAY capitolism LOL

There's one very big difference there. Best Buy and stores like that are HUGE. They have the power in that relationship and their interests lie in the greatest amount of money, not elimination or tossing aside of the competition. Nvidia cannot be a supplier and tell their partners to shut out the competition, especially when they hold a very dominant market position. As I have said multiple times already, look up "Misuse of Market Power" from the ACCC. It is outright illegal.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

5 minutes ago, Carclis said:

There's one very big difference there. Best Buy and stores like that are HUGE. They have the power in that relationship and their interests lie in the greatest amount of money, not elimination or tossing aside of the competition. Nvidia cannot be a supplier and tell their partners to shut out the competition, especially when they hold a very dominant market position. As I have said multiple times already, look up "Misuse of Market Power" from the ACCC. It is outright illegal.

Where is the lawsuit from Sony paying developers and publishers for exclusive content in multi platform titles? Everyone remembers No Man's Sky, which Sony paid Hello Games to remove support on the Xbox One, something still in the code. 

I could keep going, that's just the tip. Bro, let it go. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Where is the lawsuit from Sony paying developers and publishers for exclusive content in multi platform titles? Everyone remembers No Man's Sky, which Sony paid Hello Games to remove support on the Xbox One, something still in the code. 

I could keep going, that's just the tip. Bro, let it go. 

How does that make it right? Plus thats completely different.

Just now, Kamjam21xx said:

How does that make it right? Plus thats completely different.

It's completely different if I cheat on my wife with a lama and not another woman, still messed up and the damage to the relationship is the same.

Like I said, "can" and "should" are not the same thing. To attack Nvidia on moral grounds, means to attack Sony and every other large company doing the exact same thing.  

1 minute ago, App4that said:

It's completely different if I cheat on my wife with a lama and not another woman, still messed up and the damage to the relationship is the same.

Like I said, "can" and "should" are not the same thing. To attack Nvidia on moral grounds, means to attack Sony and every other large company doing the exact same thing.  

Agree,  This isn't about trying to justify ethics/legalities, but about highlighting the fact it is common practice and people shouldn't isolate one company for it like they are the only guilty party.  If you don't like the practice then by all means complain and try to do something about, just don't isolate your efforts to Nvidia, make sure you boycott every other damn company too.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

21 minutes ago, App4that said:

You deflected, didnt even answer me.

4 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

You deflected, didnt even answer me.

No, I didn't. Right is a matter of perspective. Nvidia is in the right, from the perspective of capitolism. To change that you have to change more than Nvidia. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

No, I didn't. Right is a matter of perspective. Nvidia is in the right, from the perspective of capitolism. To change that you have to change more than Nvidia. 

You just deflected again, and didnt answer me.

Also... no, because we dont have a free market.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

If they were right they would not have backtracked so quickly. Why do you think GPP is no longer a thing? Can you honestly say that they were not afraid of legal action?

I'll ask again. Do the actions of Nvidia not perfectly match exactly what the ACCC terms as "Misuse of Market Power"?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

You just deflected again, and didnt answer me.

Also... no, because we dont have a free market.

You asked if "How does that make it right?", I wasn't talking about right. You and I have different views as to what is right, than the market we're talking about. So you can tell me what you think is right, I can share my view, but the fact remains the market does what Nvidia did every damn day. So they enjoy being in the wrong, or vbiew it as "right"

10 minutes ago, App4that said:

You asked if "How does that make it right?", I wasn't talking about right. You and I have different views as to what is right, than the market we're talking about. So you can tell me what you think is right, I can share my view, but the fact remains the market does what Nvidia did every damn day. So they enjoy being in the wrong, or vbiew it as "right"

You just said that its right, which i didnt ask. I asked how it is right.

You just said that its right, which i didnt ask. I asked how it is right.

I never said it's right, my argument is it being "right" is pointless as "right" is a point of view. 

I explained how you can't single Nvidia out, which is what's happened in this topic. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

I never said it's right, my argument is it being "right" is pointless as "right" is a point of view. 

I explained how you can't single Nvidia out, which is what's happened in this topic. 

Okay ill rephrase it...

Do you think nvidias actions were immoral or moral, and why?

Okay ill rephrase it...

Do you think nvidias actions were immoral or moral, and why?

I don't really look at things that way, not trying to be a pain it's really how I see the world. Knowing moral/immoral are just opinions, means I have to judge my opinion higher than yours to push a morality. Not my bag. 

I view Nvidia's actions as selfish, in a selfish market. I laughed my ass off that they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, I took pleasure from that. Also bought a 1080 2 days later. 

Just now, App4that said:

I don't really look at things that way, not trying to be a pain it's really how I see the world. Knowing moral/immoral are just opinions, means I have to judge my opinion higher than yours to push a morality. Not my bag. 

I view Nvidia's actions as selfish, in a selfish market. I laughed my ass off that they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, I took pleasure from that. Also bought a 1080 2 days later. 

False, these are things philosophy has more or less worked out. 

Especially in this case.

I understand why you wouldnt want to direcrly answer that though, because id tear you a new one.

False, these are things philosophy has more or less worked out. 

Especially in this case.

I understand why you wouldnt want to direcrly answer that though, because id tear you a new one.

LOL, no. Logic says morality is an opinion. Culture says morality is a truth.

8 minutes ago, App4that said:

LOL, no. Logic says morality is an opinion. Culture says morality is a truth.

Making someone do something through threat of force is immoral.

Breaking the law is immoral, as our laws are generally a group of mutually agreed upon rules.

Lying is immoral.

Doing immoral things while others also do it does not make it immoral.

Morality is everything and your disregard for it and deflection is infantile, its generally a quality of low IQ.

Which im sure applies to you. Low IQ isnt a measure of knowledge. I wont comment on your level of knowledge, since you are so proudly displaying it.

Edit: just to clarify these are all things nvidia has done. Using your power over people to force them to do what yoy want them to is immoral.

1 minute ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Making someone do something through threat of force is immoral.

Breaking the law is immoral, as our laws are generally a group of mutually agreed upon rules.

Lying is immoral.

Doing immoral things while others also do it does not make it immoral.

Morality is everything and your disregard for it and deflection is infantile, its generally a quality of low IQ.

Which im sure applies to you. Low IQ isnt a measure of knowledge. I wont comment on your level of knowledge, since you are so proudly displaying it.

Edit: just to clarify these are all things nvidia has done. Using your power over people to force them to do what yoy want them to is immoral.

Your government does all those things in the name of "freedom"

So, is your government immoral?

See the problem? 

Is this thread about GPP or philosophy? Let's keep the fire burnin', the world will keep on turning... 

Did I quote REO Speedwagon? Yes... I did. I'm super old. 

Note: I'm only 27. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

12 minutes ago, App4that said:

Your government does all those things in the name of "freedom"

So, is your government immoral?

See the problem? 

Its generally mutually agreed upon. 

Sociology deems imorality as something with severe negative repercussions. So its also immoral by sociology standards.

Further more whats generally excepted as moral and immoral in philosophy, agrees completely with common law.

Its generally mutually agreed upon. 

Sociology deems imorality as something with severe negative repercussions. So its also immoral by sociology standards.

You missed where I said logic (philosophy) says morality is an opinion, and culture is what says morality is a fact? 

We're talking Sociology now too? Hold on, I need to check my privilage if we're including sociology. BRB

5 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I'm only 27. 

Stop tellin us your boring stories, grandpa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Stop tellin us your boring stories, grandpa.

Everyones father "back in my day"