nVidia ends GeForce Partner Program

WMGroomAK
10 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

Exactly, come on, nV's licence gives the right to even create the AIB BOARDS!

They can't even create the boards if they don't have that license!  But that license doesn't give them the right to sell those boards without the GPU's!

In the past nV and AMD used to package the ram WITH the GPU, they bought the vram and sold it AIB partners!

How quick are we to foget about all the way these AIB's make money.

You don't get it @leadeater , if AIB's own a product as you say, like you are I, they can do WTF they want with, they can't, they are not allowed to sell in certain regions, they aren't allows to do what ever they want with their boards, they aren't allowed to do what ever they want with the GPU's, they aren't allowed to market in certain ways, YES that is also stipulated in current contracts, remember when nV put a minimum price of adverting for AIB cards?  It was oh a 8 years ago?

And what about the HDMI license, the VESA membership to be allowed to use DisplayPort, PCI Express PCI-SIG. These licenses are not transferable, the AIB must get them themselves otherwise the sale of product is illegal. Nvidia cannot grant license to something they do not own.

So no you do not get it.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

They do, for Nvidia graphics cards sold on their website which they are responsible for. What are you trying to point out, Nvidia having those licenses doesn't transfer them over to the AIB, the AIB must have them for the products they are creating and selling. It would be illegal for Asus to sell a graphics card with an HDMI output on it without an HDMI licenses irrespective of Nvidia having a license for it or not.

You can find a list of every company with HDMI license here, https://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/adopters_founders.aspx. All AIBs are on this list.

And what about the HDMI license, the VESA membership to be allowed to use DisplayPort, PCI Expree PCI-SIG. These licenses are not transferable, the AIB must get them themselves otherwise the sale of product is illegal. Nvidia cannot grant license to something they do not own.

So no you do not get it.

they have the license that gives them to right to put HDMI on their card, that license doesn't stop them from creating what ever they want though.  They can sell the product as they wish, nV's license, and AMD's have other stipulations when they are reselling their products.  That doesn't MEAN nV OWNS HDMI though, even though they paid for the use of it in a product!

That is BS, nV doesn't own it, so part of their product is owned by someone else, if HDMI turns around and cancels its license to nV because nV did something that breaks the contract, nV can't sell its product with HDMI in them, so who owns nV's products now!  Well nV doesn't have full ownership of its products at that point because they lost that ability.  Just like Intel vs nV, nV was making Intel chipsets, Intel pulled the plug on nV's license, nV could not sell their chipsets/motherboards anymore.  Because Intel OWNS the chipset, nV doesn't own their own product at this point.

2 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

they have the license that gives them to right to put HDMI on their card, that license doesn't stop them from creating what ever they want though.  They can sell the product as they wish, nV's license, and AMD's have other stipulations when they are reselling their products.

Resell

sell (something one has bought) to someone else.

Also, what about Asus own IP? What about their DCUIII cooler design or their ROG branding? does that IP suddenly not count? I mentioned in an example earlier my Intel core i7 7700k which you also ignored. Is that an AMD product because the x64 instruction set is AMD's property?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

6 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

they have the license that gives them to right to put HDMI on their card, that license doesn't stop them from creating what ever they want though.  They can sell the product as they wish, nV's license, and AMD's have other stipulations when they are reselling their products.  That doesn't MEAN nV OWNS HDMI though, even though they paid for the use of it in a product!

That is BS, nV doesn't own it, so part of their product is owned by someone else, if HDMI turns around and cancels its license to nV because nV did something that breaks the contract, nV can't sell its product with HDMI in them, so who owns nV's products now!  Well nV doesn't have full ownership of its products at that point because they didn't get the proper authority to make the product to begin with!

Your stances are too fluid.

Just now, Carclis said:

Also, what about Asus own IP? What about their DCUIII cooler design or their ROG branding? does that IP suddenly not count? I mentioned in an example earlier my Intel core i7 7700k which you also ignored. Is that an AMD product because the x64 instruction set is AMD's property?

yeah they own the cooler lol mentioned that quite a few times, that is about the only thing they own.  They can sell that separately if they wish.

And it doesn't count, because I can put a cpu cooler on an ASUS card and it will run, GN's has a nice video on that.

That doesn't MEAN nV OWNS HDMI though, even though they paid for the use of it in a product!

No your position has been since Nvidia license is required Nvidia owns the product. So if that is true HDMI also owns the product. I'm not saying Nvidia owns HDMI, I'm saying Nvidia doesn't own it and can't grant license for it, I literally said this stop making stuff up.

You just don't get it, I don't think you ever will. You have no understanding of product supply, licensing and contracts and are attributing ownership to a product which is not reflect ed in consumer or trade law at all.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

No your position has been since Nvidia license is required Nvidia owns the product. So if that is true HDMI also owns the product. I'm not saying Nvidia owns HDMI, I'm saying Nvidia doesn't own it and can't grant license for it, I literally said this stop making stuff up.

You just don't get it, I don't think you ever will. You have no understanding of product supply, licensing and contracts and are attributing ownership to a product which is not reflect ed in consumer or trade law at all.

That is a problem, AIB's licensed nV IP to create board and sell GPU right?

nV licensed HDMI for their board IP.

You are saying AIB's own their nV cards because they made it

If so

nV made the HDMI parts (or bought them) and integrated them into their cards based on HDMI IP.

That means nV owns HDMI too by your logic.

What I'm saying is AIB's don't own their products outright, because they must do things based on what ever agreement they have with nV and their license to meet the obligation of selling the product.

I would have liked different branding on GPU’s. It may have forced the AIB’s into making DIFFERENT coolers for their products rather than giving us a product where the shroud only tells us that ASUS or MSI made the card.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

You are saying AIB's own their cards,

If so

That means nV owns HDMI too.

By that same logic... the manufacturer owns the entire GPU xD

Hahaha

1 minute ago, Kamjam21xx said:

By that same logic... the manufscturer owns the entire GPU xD

Hahaha

If nV breaks the IP of TSMC, yes TSMC has full control on letting nV sell those GPU's or not lol

IP license, is not the same as owner ship rights guys.  So by no means is ownership ever transferred, that is why they are there.

That is why I gave the example of software EULA, if we don't adhere to what is in a EULA and someone finds out, you can be banned form not using something you paid for.  That isn't ownership, that is renting or something less than renting.

7 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

You are saying AIB's own their cards,

If so

That means nV owns HDMI too.

That's not how licensing works. Wow, no wonder you get this stuff so confused.

5 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

IP license, is not the same as owner ship rights guys.  So by no means is ownership ever transferred, that is why they are there.

Having a licensed part in a product doesn't make that product the license holders either, you just made the same point I did about HDMI or DisplayPort or GDDR5X.

8 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

By that same logic... the manufacturer owns the entire GPU xD

I think logic died about 10 pages ago.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Following his logic, I own Century Link, Wells Fargo, Dominos, Pizza Hut, and Simplot.

They're using buildings with MY framing, so they all belong to me now.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Following his logic, I own Century Link, Wells Fargo, Dominos, Pizza Hut, and Simplot.

They're using buildings with MY framing, so they all belong to me now.

Nice, time to retire and live the good life. You must be the the Forbes rich list too then?

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

That is exactly what you are saying, I am saying the opposite of that.

AIB's don't have ownership of what they make, nor does nV, if they don't follow what is outlined in their license agreements of what constitutes making of those products.  Doesn't matter if a company put up money to make the products, the ownership of the respective IP BELONGS to the creator of that IP.

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

The fact he keeps confusing branding and patents because for him it's all under "IP" should be enough to call on his confusion.

2 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

The fact he keeps confusing branding and patents because for him it's all under "IP" should be enough to call on his confusion.

Branding IS IP, please look that up if you can't understand it!

IP has three different parts to it, one of it is branding, logo, and what not, those are copyrights.

Does ASUS own its IP for the ROG brand, yes, but it has not weight in the current market.  Because its co brand Geforce has all the weight and that is owned by nV.

2 hours ago, Carclis said:

I said in the comment right above you. It limited the ability for AIB partners to offer the competitions products by telling them that their gaming IP is disallowed from being paired with any competing products. Legally this is known as misuse of market power.

Theres nothing illegal about what they are doing. Basically they are saying adhere to the rules we set or you don't do business with us.

no one is forcing companies to do anything. Nvidia has the best graphics cards on the market. This it allows them to have a choice on how and who they do business with.

if AMD had a competitive product this wouldn't be happening.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

I dont know this stuff like you guys do, but im also not stupid... 

I can see whos contradicting themselves, and whos logic interferes with their own points of view.

I do have eyes, i can read, i have been reading.. just know im not alone. Lol

Guys, why is this still a big deal. 

It died, you're beating a dead horse.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

That is exactly what you are saying, I am saying the opposite of that.

No that's not what I'm saying, that is what you said I am saying. I've already said AIB require the HDMI license and given a link to a list of everyone with it. I've also said it would be illegal for an AIB to create and sell products with an HDMI output on them without the HDMI license and Nvidia having that license does not transfer the usage rights to the AIB.

The AIB MUST have the HDMI license themselves, Nvidia can never grant or transfer license of something they do not own.

1 minute ago, Razor01 said:

Branding IS IP, please look that up if you can't understand it!

IP has three different parts to it, one of it is branding, logo, and what not, those are copyrights.

IP is vague. It can encompass design copyrights, branding or patents for instance. Just those three are regulated by three separate sets of laws, so it's necessarily false and confusing to talk about IP in a legal discussion.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

No that's not what I'm saying, that is what you said I am saying. I've already said AIB require the HDMI license and given a link to a list of everyone with it. I've also said it would be illegal for an AIB to create and sell products with an HDMI output on them without the HDMI license and Nvidia having that license does not transfer the usage rights to the AIB.

The AIB MUST have the HDMI license themselves, Nvidia can never grant or transfer license of something they do not own.

That is true.  And so do AIB's own their own product then?

You are saying the board IP is owned by nV, the GPU is owned by nV, the IP of HDMI is owned by HDMI, what does Asus really own?  ROG brand and its cooler, is that it?  Does that ROG brand and cooler constitute as ownership of the product?

1 minute ago, laminutederire said:

IP is vague. It can encompass design copyrights, branding or patents for instance. Just those three are regulated by three separate sets of laws, so it's necessarily false and confusing to talk about IP in a legal discussion.

Its not vague, its part of intellectual property.

https://www.cpsslaw.com/blog/2016/03/the-three-main-components-of-intellectual-property.shtml

You think law firms like this one think its vague?

Apparently the US state department is also vague about these things?

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Guys, why is this still a big deal. 

It died, you're beating a dead horse.

The arguement is basically if or if not they broke the law and will face penalties for that.

&

If what they were doing was right or not

IP