nVidia ends GeForce Partner Program

WMGroomAK

It's ok NVidia. I still love you

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

proof of this?

or just heresay?

oh wait wouldnt that violate the law if true? oh wait we talking about allocation of chips and branding in one shot here

fyi there are many more companies at are exclusive to each brand now if you talk world wide

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/carl/xfx-speak-to-kitguru-no-more-nvidia-cards/

No, it would not break a law per se, as this has no influence on AMD (then ATI). Back then NVidia wasn't the market leader either.

Yeah, but most of those GPU vendors tends to belong to the same parent company. Anyways, if someone wants to be exclusive so be out. As long as they aren't coopted by either NVidia or AMD to be so.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Kamjam21xx said:

Nvidia is a cut throat company

Every company operates that way when they are capable of doing so, its always the bottom line.  If a company doesn't think that way that is a sure way to loose.  Can't be nice and win a war at the same time, casualties will happen.

21 minutes ago, pas008 said:

gaming brand aligned exclusively for geforce read the article again

never said anything about gaming only brand

and fyi sports car is generic like gpu

please name other competing products that have same sub brands plz do

AMD vs Intel motherboards do.

and these are NOT AMD or Nvidia brands, they are AIB's, so they don't share the same Chip maker sub brands.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 minutes ago, Notional said:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/carl/xfx-speak-to-kitguru-no-more-nvidia-cards/

No, it would not break a law per se, as this has no influence on AMD (then ATI). Back then NVidia wasn't the market leader either.

Yeah, but most of those GPU vendors tends to belong to the same parent company. Anyways, if someone wants to be exclusive so be out. As long as they aren't coopted by either NVidia or AMD to be so.

lol heresay like I said

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

AMD vs Intel motherboards do.

and these are NOT AMD or Nvidia brands, they are AIB's, so they don't share the same Chip maker sub brands.

again same type of thing

name it elsewhere in the world

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

lol heresay like I said

Lol. Let me guess: Only a signed official statement by NVidia and XFX would suffice? Get real.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Wow the GPP finally fell victim to the threat of lawsuits and anti-competitive behaviour. At least they acted upon themselves and cancelled the program before it went before the courts & other regulatory agencies. Better late than never, I guess. :)

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

2 minutes ago, Notional said:

Lol. Let me guess: Only a signed official statement by NVidia and XFX would suffice? Get real.

oh wait you believe all this gpp heresay too nvm carry on

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

oh wait you believe all this gpp heresay too nvm carry on

freaks-and-geeks.jpg

Just now, Soppro said:

Wow the GPP finally fell victim to the threat of lawsuits and anti-competitive behaviour. At least they acted upon themselves and cancelled the program before it went before the courts & other regulatory agencies. Better late than never, I guess. :)

lawsuits from who?

anticompetitive for having exclusive name brand to themselves like any other product out there?

not supplying chips they can already do that to an aib?

taking branding that companies easily signed away for?

hmmm

14 minutes ago, Notional said:

This happens all the time in any marketplace.  XFX was nV's second largest exclusive partner and when they started selling AMD cards, nV told them well forced them to leave.  It happens, XFX made a choice to go with both AMD and nV because gtx 2xx series wasn't making money for them, at the end who really got hurt?

XFX did because they screwed around with nV.

What happened with gainward/plait?  Same thing, pretty much AMD didn't want to give Gainward, the largest graphics cards company in the world at that time to sell AMD products with GDDR5, and pretty much forced them out.

Even though Gainward was a relatively new partner to AMD, Gainward had a much bigger following in the market place than any other AIB.

1 minute ago, Razor01 said:

This happens all the time in any marketplace.  XFX was nV's second largest exclusive partner and when they started selling AMD cards, nV told them well forced them to leave.  It happens, XFX made a choice to go with both AMD and nV because gtx 2xx series wasn't making money for them, at the end who really got hurt?

15 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Nvidia is a cut throat company

quotes fitted together

isnt every corp?

1 minute ago, Razor01 said:

Tell that to @pas008, because apparently it's all hearsay.

Just now, Notional said:

we have no confirmation

just like this gpp program

but hey i'll just believe anything everyone says in hearsay

8 minutes ago, Notional said:

Problem is isn't not illegal to do this, even Pas008 stated that too, If nV pushed XFX or not, its not illegal for them to do so, since XFX is not the only supplier of graphics cards.  Now if they had withstanding contractual obligations then it would have been illegal, but that didn't happen.  It was after Fermi was released XFX wasn't able to re negotiate the nV contract to get Fermi GPU supply.

XFX made their bed and they now sleep in it.  You think they are happy now that AMD cards aren't making any money for them?  or as much as they could make if they stayed with nV?

What if an AIB from AMD's side, exclusive one jumps ship to nV products just to get a short term gain?  How would AMD react?

If you were in business and your partner likes to flip flop like that just because of one generation of bad sales, Its not a good look.  It shows no loyalty as an exclusive partner.

Personally if I was in that position, I would tell them to go F off, after all the money they got from the g8x, g92, 6x00, 7x00 and they couldn't stick around for 2 quarters with the Fermi delay?  We are talking about a gen or so hurt margins.  Wasn't really sales that hurt them it was low margins.

2 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

Problem is isn't not illegal to do this, even Pas008 stated that too, If nV pushed XFX or not, its not illegal for them to do so, since XFX is not the only supplier of graphics cards.  Now if they had withstanding contractual obligations then it would have been illegal, but that didn't happen.  It was after Fermi was released XFX wasn't able to re negotiate the nV contract to get Fermi GPU supply.

about the same time nvidia started pushing for warranty changes too if I remember correctly

:)

anyways have good night ride is here

dont drink and drive be safe peeps

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

quotes fitted together

isnt every corp?

No

Id say it depends on how its owned.

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

about the same time nvidia started pushing for warranty changes too if I remember correctly

:)

anyways have good night ride is here

dont drink and drive be safe peeps

Friday night, drinking and playing Destiny 2 lol, yeah my aim is way off.

9 hours ago, Notional said:

And just after all vendors have either stripped their branding from AMD cards or made new branding outright. The damage is done you anticompetitive twats.

Amen. Folks, if you think we won, we only won in a technicality. Nvidia has already damaged AMD.

The statement read like any typical PR statement. I got quite a chuckle coming from it. 

Like, what's the other reason the RoG Radeon GPUs are now branded as ARES? 

I like my GTX 1060 but NVIDIA was playing with a Great White Shark with this one. Some whistle-blower was eventually going to find out. Will NVIDIA be affected in terms of bottom line? No, because they still command a large chunk of the GPU market anyway, since AMD has sadly been rather uncompetitive as of late. Which begs the question; Why do this in the first place? 

GPP is dead but it already has inflicted casualties as ASUS isn't just going to bring the RoG brand back to its Radeon line after rebranding them.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

7 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Why do this in the first place?

Fear that Navi was potentially the GPU equivalent of Ryzen.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Notional said:

Dude, this isn't a legally binding court case, it's a tech forum. I'm not obliged to do anything. Everything I say here is my personal opinion, unless stated as factual with sources. You're being pedantic now.

Well, the point is, you don't know that. Any laws? So you know all laws? In all countries? On the entire earth? ;)

It's a discussion about legality, your the only person trying to steer your initial comments away from that. Until you work out how to qualify your statements, they will be read in context of the discussion.  You either know this and can't admit it or you are just arguing for the sake of it.   And about being pedantic,  making claims then trying to argue definitions when shown  you're wrong is the biggest example of that here.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

40 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Fear that Navi was potentially the GPU equivalent of Ryzen.

Respond with a better product?

I don’t doubt NVIDIA’s architectural design and engineers. 

Which makes this more odd. I know NVIDIA needs to make money, but aren’t they making a big chunk off AI and self-driving

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 hours ago, Notional said:

Dude, this isn't a legally binding court case, it's a tech forum. I'm not obliged to do anything. Everything I say here is my personal opinion, unless stated as factual with sources. You're being pedantic now.

Well, the point is, you don't know that. Any laws? So you know all laws? In all countries? On the entire earth? ;)

Be straight forward about this there are only two organizations that matter in this which are FTC and EU, neither have laws that describe even remotely what nV did with the GPP.  WE KNOW the anti competitive laws of both EU and FTC, its right there on their websites.  going through those nothing can be said point blank this is what its breaking.

That is how the law enforced, by the letter of the law, then its interpreted by the courts to make judgement.

Now I don't know all the laws, but I do know there is nothing there in such anti trust or anti competitive in nature.  There are no laws regarding branding and advertising stopping exclusive partnerships or dealings .  The only thing associated with advertising which falls in FTC regulation, is false advertising.  Now EU probably has something similar in broad strokes too.

Stick with one thing, is this anti competitive or anti trust by FTC and EU regulations?  No its not there.  We can't say it can be if this and then this.  If the GPP forces brands to be different and causes less AMD sales and then in turn AIB's buy less, then the laws are broken, no doesn't work that way. 

You can't get a clear cause and effect.  Did the GPP cause that down fall, might not with the market the way it is, I highly doubt it.    We have people now saying its because of Navi.  Navi against Volta or derivative of Volta, really?  Navi is going up against that lol, I doubt it, and anyone remotely thinking it will, should be looked at, at a pych ward.

lets pull a rabbit out of AMD's ass and say Hey, its going to hurt Ryzen sales too right?

Its ridiculous.  There needs to be direct correlation, logical deduction of cause and effect, not  secondary relationship.