Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WMGroomAK

nVidia ends GeForce Partner Program

Posted · Original PosterOP

In a blog post today, nVidia has announced that they are ending the GeForce Partners Program (GPP) and 'leaning into GeForce'.  Essentially, nVidia is sticking with what they stated was the original goal of GPP as having been correct, however have recognized all of the 'rumors, conjecture and mistruths' about the program and decided to end it.  I have a feeling that this is their personal PR spin on the controversy and they may have also had some lawyers come back and say they were skirting too close to a grey legal area.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/

A lot has been said recently about our GeForce Partner Program. The rumors, conjecture and mistruths go far beyond its intent. Rather than battling misinformation, we have decided to cancel the program.

GPP had a simple goal – ensuring that gamers know what they are buying and can make a clear choice.

NVIDIA creates cutting-edge technologies for gamers. We have dedicated our lives to it. We do our work at a crazy intense level – investing billions to invent the future and ensure that amazing NVIDIA tech keeps coming. We do this work because we know gamers love it and appreciate it. Gamers want the best GPU tech. GPP was about making sure gamers who want NVIDIA tech get NVIDIA tech.

With GPP, we asked our partners to brand their products in a way that would be crystal clear. The choice of GPU greatly defines a gaming platform. So, the GPU brand should be clearly transparent – no substitute GPUs hidden behind a pile of techno-jargon.

Most partners agreed. They own their brands and GPP didn’t change that. They decide how they want to convey their product promise to gamers. Still, today we are pulling the plug on GPP to avoid any distraction from the super exciting work we’re doing to bring amazing advances to PC gaming.

This is a great time to be a GeForce partner and be part of the fastest growing gaming platform in the world. The GeForce gaming platform is rich with the most advanced technology. And with GeForce Experience, it is “the way it’s meant to be played.”

Hot Hardware Article:  https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-ends-geforce-partner-program

I'm guessing that Kyle over at HardOCP will not be on nVidia's Christmas list anytime soon xD...  Now the question will be whether some of the AIB card partners that were beginning to create AMD specific brands pull those back to add AMD cards back into their main gaming brands or whether they are kept separate.

Riiiight. They just got caught trying to jam their hand in the cookie jar, and now they want to try and save face. 

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Image result for GLORIOUS GIF

That is all.

PC - NZXT 340 Black, Intel i7 6700k, Noctua NH-U9S, 16GB Corsair DDR 4 2133mhz, Asus H170 Pro Gaming , Gigabyte 1080 OC Windforce, Samsung 250GB EVO, 1TB WD Black.

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Oh shit! We did it bois! 

Related image

PS: This is definitely going to be the biggest news on the WAN show xD 

Main Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Vega 8 Mobile,12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 250 GB 960 Evo NVME PCIE SSD  1 TB HDD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That) 

BF's Laptop (Blanny): Celeron N3060, HD 400, 4 GB DDR3, 32 GB EMMC, 768p TN Display

2016 HP Stream 11.6 (Reason Why Its Even Listed Is Because I Originally Owned It)

Switch Lite: Turquoise model, 64 GB Samsung Evo SD card

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Hooray :D.

Unfortunately we all know this is because Nvidia were getting bad press and cos the word was getting out as to exactly what kind of programme Nvidia was really running. The GPU mafia isn't over but now at least it's stoppable.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

14 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

GPP had a simple goal – ensuring that gamers know what they are buying and can make a clear choice.

And by this they mean

GPP had a simple goal – ensuring that clueless gamers know that they are buying an nVidia GPU

Unfortunately, they have already done some damage, with some rebrands. Nvidia is still on my naughty list. 

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Gonna be interesting to see if Arez will be rolled out or if Asus is gonna silently revert the rebranding.

/tinfoil hat mode on

A part of me suspect this will mean nothing more than GPP is dead on paper but in reality it's still very much alive. I mean they did come to an agreement with the big brands, I have a hard time seeing that these agreements just went out the window..

A lot has been said recently about our GeForce Partner Program. The rumors, conjecture and mistruths go far beyond its intent. Rather than battling misinformation, we have decided to cancel the program.

Some of those rumours must have been true if it was easier to bail out instead of fighting them, NVIDIA.

Pulling GPP won't stop the snowball effect from this debacle anyway.

16 minutes ago, Notional said:

And just after all vendors have either stripped their branding from AMD cards or made new branding outright. The damage is done you anticompetitive twats.

yep, the damage is done in my perspective. Ending it for real was reverting the changes already made.

So what's gonna happen? Are people like MSI and Gigabyte going to re-roll out the branding? Is Asus gonna get rid of Arez?!?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Let me guess, this is just to cover their ass from lawsuits they know they can't win. And companies who went with the program will still mysteriously not market AMD graphics on their gaming lineup.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

giphy.gif

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Server:-

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B running OMV Arrakis and an 8TB Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Let me guess, this is just to cover their ass from lawsuits they know they can't win. And companies who went with the program will still mysteriously not market AMD graphics on their gaming lineup.

They haven't covered their asses from anything, they still rolled the program out, signed up partners and enforced their policies.

Ending something illegal doesn't absolve you from doing the illegal thing.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B running OMV Arrakis and an 8TB Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD

Gamers want the best GPU tech.

True, however best GPU for gamers, isn't the best you can sell (GTX 1080 Ti < Titan XP).

The way it's meant to be played ?

More like : 
The way You are meant to be played.
(by NV)

CPU : Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4,3 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Sabertooth X79 (BIOS 4801 + NVMe mod + uCode update)
RAM : 8x A-Data DDR3 XPG 2000X 2GB @ 1868MHz CL8.9.8.24 CR2T, Quad Channel.
GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 (FE)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + RAID0 2x WD10EZEX (rev. 2013) + HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB

We will see with time.

I personally feel like they got what they wanted already and the brands will segregate the two companies regardless of contract to get on their good side.

And Honestly, this should've been the way to go with from the get go in my opinion. No company likes to have their products mixed with another companies so instead of blaming nvidea, im blaming the AIB for this,

36 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

We will see with time.

I personally feel like they got what they wanted already and the brands will segregate the two companies regardless of contract to get on their good side.

And Honestly, this should've been the way to go with from the get go in my opinion. No company likes to have their products mixed with another companies so instead of blaming nvidea, im blaming the AIB for this,

So are you going to pay for the marketing required to split cards into separate lines? Think about it, AIBs would have to come up with separate brand names, design box art, advertising, pay for printing etc.

Plus AIBs probably don't want to split lines anyway, customers see ROG they know it's ASUS, Gaming is MSI, AOROS is Gigabyte. When customers go into shops and see new lines they might not associate the brand with the new name.

Brand recognition is everything.

They probably started soiling their trousers as the speculations around the GPP built up, plus the launch of 11xx series cards is closeish, so they stopped it before it got out of hand.

Ryzen 7 3700X | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | Corsair LPX 16gb 3200 | MSI B450M Mortar MAX | Corsair H100i v2 | Samsung 850 PRO 512GB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Corsair Air 240 Black | Corsair CS650M | Corsair ML120 (3x) | Link

58 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

They haven't covered their asses from anything, they still rolled the program out, signed up partners and enforced their policies.

Ending something illegal doesn't absolve you from doing the illegal thing.

However it does mean that GPP will quickly go in the abyss like it never existed for the typical consumer

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

@huilun02 is likely correct in saying that Nvidia is protecting itself from lawsuits. That GPP was already being reported as costing competitors opportunities and sales due to anti-competitive practices is a pretty big indicator.