Laptop FASTER than your Gaming PC?

A 15" display? No, I definitely wouldn't.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

my Asus gl552vw is faster than some peoples gaming pc's... from 2016 9_9

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

19 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

I would totally buy a zephyrus at $2.200 instead of getting much more performance from a PC at the same price. *sarcasm*

C'mon, I would buy a gaming laptop(THIS EXPENSIVE) only if I would be like a nomad to move from place to place and I would need the portability...

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Great to see a laptop that doesn't make us choose between Optimus and GSync. 

Good job, Asus.  ?

41 minutes ago, asus killer said:

if you like to game with a jet engine noise next to you xD

I don't care if my laptop sounds like a freaking jet engine, as long as it keeps my sweet FPS high always lol

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

Buy Asus Zephyrus GM501
On Amazon: http://geni.us/eKagAk
On Newegg: http://geni.us/NjJjpA

The last Zephyrus was interesting, but you might actually want to buy the new one.

Is it possible to swap out the hdd for a ssd, because then I would really think about getting one.

Laptop FASTER than your Gaming PC?

The LAST Thermal Paste you'll ever need??

Can you really be TOO COOL??

We're Hiring! Did Colton FINALLY Get Fired?...

HDMI Over...The HUMAN BODY?!

Strix SCAR Edition Laptop – Carbon Fiber??

Dear LTT, 

You're manipulative thrash for doing this.

Sincerely,  Granular

2 hours ago, Granular said:

Dear LTT, 

You're manipulative thrash for doing this.

Sincerely,  Granular

Mmm no

It was published at 4:15 here in michigan. Wondering how long you guys stay in the shop/studio. Working late with friends is freshing a lot of times, more laid back. Atleast if you normally work 7am-7pm 

Am I the only one that likes the Trackpad on the side?

Also I have that back pack.  I think it's for another brand of laptop.  Which ironically has the Trackpad on the side.

returning to 2014 upload time or just too many videos to release with too little time?

4 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

It was published at 4:15 here in michigan. Wondering how long you guys stay in the shop/studio. Working late with friends is freshing a lot of times, more laid back. Atleast if you normally work 7am-7pm 

I think it just takes that long for YouTube to upload.  At any rate it seems pretty common that content gets posted in the wee hours unless it's live streamed.

11 minutes ago, rakshasa72 said:

I think it just takes that long for YouTube to upload.  At any rate it seems pretty common that content gets posted in the wee hours unless it's live streamed.

I consider it the morning. 

But i suppose its relative.

Is the heatsink copper or aluminum? Wondering if some liquid metal will help with the cooling.

Ryzen 7 1700 and a pair of 1080ti's, yeah take that shitty laptop.

also totally missed this upload because I was busy activating and setting up my new S9+, that thing is so much fucking faster then my S7 was (maybe in the future do phone reviews that compare to the 2 year old phones not the last gen, not everyone gets a new phone each year).

Not for $2200. You would really NEED that amount of portability to justify spending R7 2800X + GTX 1080 Ti SLI money on a laptop with an 8750H and 1070.

18 minutes ago, monsieurlee said:

Is the heatsink copper or aluminum? Wondering if some liquid metal will help with the cooling.

LM will help, especially since the TM application from ASUS tends to be shoddy. Undervolting by 120mV will help too alongside a custom voltage curve for the gpu 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I've certainly never known anyone that needs to be able to competitively game on the move, or at least couldn't wait until they returned from their trip to use their desktop. $2200 is an absolutely absurd amount of cash for what is basically a novelty, right?

CPU - INTEL CORE i5-8400 @ 2.80GHz (6CPUs)

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

RAM - 16GB

Motherboard - GIGABYTE Z370P

Case - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P400

Display(s) - ACER PREDATOR XB241H, DELL  S2716DG

Mouse - ROCCAT KONE XTD, LOGITECH G403

Keyboard - RAZER ORNATA, RAZER BLACKWIDOW X TOURNAMENT

In college once I saw this guy doing homework on this absolutely beastly looking laptop. (Turned out to be an xotic PC with i7/ gtx 980) Stopped and asked him about it. It turns out he was head of our e-sports club and travelled around the province quite a bit playing or setting up little tournaments. 

so far that was the best reason I've ever heard for buying an expensive gaming laptop instead of a desktop

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I'm surprised no one caught on when Linus said Acer instead of ASUS xD Not even youtubes auto cc caught it, it claimed "a shirt"...

Also a portable gaming machine shouldn't want the person sitting next to you reaching your machine to smash it into bits and bytes because they can't read their book due to having a mini jet beside them. Also who video edits on the go? Procrastinators? People who oversell their services? (I understand some minor editing might be needed, but I'd expect very few clients would demand on the spot editing)

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

many people would.

I played on a 17" square for years, at first it was technically "high end" but later on... it became too much pain to use for even videos. Compared to my 24" monitors(even just one), it has no game :P

8 hours ago, sKetchyy said:

I've certainly never known anyone that needs to be able to competitively game on the move, or at least couldn't wait until they returned from their trip to use their desktop. $2200 is an absolutely absurd amount of cash for what is basically a novelty, right?

No, $2200 is relatively reasonable for what you could pay for a gaming laptop.

Idc if its 5inches thick, id rather have more usability.

I'm glad it seems like it cools the 6 core CPU better than the MSI GS65VR, I like strong CPU power and hopefully compatible with eGPU via Thunderbolt 3. Just the sucky battery, tho still it's somewhat the power consumption because if u extrapolate if it had a huge,  100 watt hour battery, still only 5 hours battery life. I think some other similar gaming laptops have less low-demand power consumption.. Love that it can switch to Optimus (why don't all laptops with g-sync have a switch?? .. $5 manufacturing cost cutter?), but somehow I think that isn't working properly or it has a lemon battery.. check the battery chip.
How much throttling occurs if BOTH the CPU is fully taxed with AIDA64 + Furmark or 3Dmark at the same time? To see if throttling is any worse? So far looks good. 3.1GHZ on 6-cores 100% usage is fine.. is that even really throttling?

I also love the idea of a laptop that can handle a 100% CPU load & GPU load nearly 24/7, nearly 7 days a week for years without failing, such as my trusty ole'(old) Asus G50VT that just refuses to burn out, even with the cores near 100C. I have stopped number crunching on that a few years ago because of power inefficiencies of it's age. But it just won't die, awesome and it's my main PC still today! No way to test voltage regulators and such longevity in a review but time will tell.

Thanks

• 7 months later...