*Noob questions* installing windows 10 on a old mac as the only OS?

Got a dis-used Macbook Pro mid 2010 (the core 2 duo ones) for a killer price (130$ plus 40 for a new battery and 30$ for a ssd and caddy bay adapter) so kinda wanting to get Windows 10 on so as I can use this machine as a basic laptop and get some light office work done on it in style (be honest, rolling up to a cafe flipping open a Mac hipster style is still appealing in a third world country). Anyone knows how to help a noob out? Thanks in advance

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

Should be quite simple, hold the alt key on startup to enter the bootselection menu, boot from your windows installer usb and install windows as you would do on any other computer.

For drivers, get regular boot camp drivers (that you can download from the apple website I guess?).

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

If that doesnt work, just use Bootcamp, make the MacOS partition about 2GB more than it needs xD 

Am not sure, thinking about it, if this or @oskarha's option would work as I am not sure if it has bootcamp. Just check, if it does, both options would work, but if not, the above *should* work in theory but you'll need to do some digging for the drivers

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

1 minute ago, limegorilla said:

If that doesnt work, just use Bootcamp, make the MacOS partition about 2GB more than it needs xD 

Am not sure, thinking about it, if this or @oskarha's option would work as I am not sure if it has bootcamp. Just check, if it does, both options would work, but if not, the above *should* work in theory but you'll need to do some digging for the drivers

If it already has OSX bootcamp is the easiest, as it hands you the drivers for you to put on a USB drive.

When using my solution you either have to get the drivers from bootcamp before you nuke the drive in the windows installer or go searching the apple website for them.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

4 minutes ago, oskarha said:

If it already has OSX bootcamp is the easiest, as it hands you the drivers for you to put on a USB drive.

When using my solution you either have to get the drivers from bootcamp before you nuke the drive in the windows installer or go searching the apple website for them.

So all I need is a clean windows install and the bootcamp drivers from Apple right?

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

37 minutes ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

So all I need is a clean windows install and the bootcamp drivers from Apple right?

Yup, bootcamp drivers and a windows installer usb stick and you should be good to go if you know how to install windows ;)

Main Rig:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, oskarha said:

Yup, bootcamp drivers and a windows installer usb stick and you should be good to go if you know how to install windows ;)

so which version is good for my mid 2010 MBP?... Getting confused, should it be the version said that it support it or the version that supports Windows 10?

1 minute ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

so which version is good for my mid 2010 MBP?... Getting confused, should it be the version said that it support it or the version that supports Windows 10?

The drivers should be for your specific mbp. If there are no windows 10 drivers, try windows 8 or 7 drivers, they usually work fine too.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Just now, oskarha said:

The drivers should be for your specific mbp. If there are no windows 10 drivers, try windows 8 or 7 drivers, they usually work fine too.

well let hopes that it is enough....

I did a quick google search and I believe it can run the latest Macos… why would you want Windows on it?

She/Her

14 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I did a quick google search and I believe it can run the latest Macos… why would you want Windows on it?

All my tech tools is windows only. Screw that! (And the fact that I never used a Mac before might be of HUGE consideration)

4 minutes ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

All my tech tools is windows only. Screw that! (And the fact that I never used a Mac before might be of HUGE consideration)

oh ok. never mind then. 

She/Her