Why are noctua fans so ugly?

lavablade02

Why do they use brown fans? Why not make things in a more normal color?

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

They use the ugliness to move the air better.  German engineering...

But seriously, they have black chromax fans.

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/chromax

They also have their IPPC fans, which are completely black, and have frankly ridiculously good specs.

https://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-industrial

Alternatively: Why do you think they're ugly?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, lavablade02 said:

Why do they use brown fans? Why not make things in a more normal color?

I've always wondered that too, it doesn't seem to impact their popularity though.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

The colour scheme represents the CEO's wife or something. Her skin colour being the frame colour, everything else being her hair colour. Oh and brand recognition.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

12 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The colour scheme represents the CEO's wife or something. Her skin colour being the frame colour, everything else being her hair colour. Oh and brand recognition.

Totally wasn't an afterthought to get bed recognition later that night

One of these is a Noctua iPPC the other is a FD stock fan. The noctua colors are there as a signature ;).

20180210_130946.jpg

They have plenty of colors. Don't like the looks, don't buy them. Or think outside the box and paint them. Black works with anything so it doesn't matter.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf4R_3wPxR5PdpNT7UM8O

When they want you to think silent operation. They could have named company to Quiet! or Silence!, but those were already taken by German company.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 year later...
On 5/2/2018 at 3:59 AM, lavablade02 said:

Why do they use brown fans?

I think their color and logo came from this..

This creature is quiet and strong..

135029670.P9Tu6Qaw.steenuil8951pbase3.jpg.8a6f6319e1e3d8730dea013dc5784350.jpg

It's a bold branding.

Do you still cannot accept it? Then, you have to look some other coolers..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Because you need something to ask about, also brown is cool.

4 hours ago, de_camper said:

Austrian, they are Austrian.

no they're australian

Here's the iPPC variant, the glorious 3000 wing blasts got a kill, baby!

Look at what it got under its SecuFirm2TM

Spoiler

Hasil gambar untuk noctua owl

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

plus fans were meant to stay hidden under case mesh or grills, now a lot of kids want fans with LEDs and stuff and they have brands that make those, it's just noctua isn't one of those brands.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB