Choosing right CAT6 cable and plugs.

Go to solution Solved by Lurick,

If it's not going to be near any power lines and you don't have a group of like 10 to 20+ cables together, you'll be fine with UTP cable. The plugs won't matter either way since you strip off the outside cover to expose the colored wires anyway.

Ik finally ready to setup networking right at new house and realy don't want to use WiFi if possible. I sometimes hate my self because of that :D

Is there any real reason to use FTP CAT6 instead of UTP if network cables will run outside wall and no way near 220 power lines. Only 3-5 meters will be two network cables next to each other. 

With network cables I will connect

2 computers 

1 tv

Freenas sever 

In total about 40-50 meters of cable. 

And about Modular plugs. I'm only seen cat6 plugs for UTP cables but does it mater? 

If it's not going to be near any power lines and you don't have a group of like 10 to 20+ cables together, you'll be fine with UTP cable. The plugs won't matter either way since you strip off the outside cover to expose the colored wires anyway.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 hours ago, Lurick said:

Thank you. Saved few euros ?