The LAST Thermal Paste you'll ever need??

GPU?

iE - VRM Kits you can buy that have thermal pads under the heatsinks....
Replace with this... wonder how well this compares to "lesser' pads.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 4/29/2018 at 4:31 PM, HimymCZe said:

cut it and use on direct CPU die and/or GPU

It wont do well - see these results from one of the early testers.

The increased thickness, rigidity, and lower thermal transfer means that it will not do well. 

On 4/29/2018 at 3:40 PM, Techmage said:

Can you use it instead of liquid metal after delidding?

Not if you want temperatures equal to liquid metal.

On 4/29/2018 at 4:42 PM, Navi Retlav said:

I'm curious if it can be applied on delidded CPU and stuck on top of each other to not even use the CPU heat spreader at all?

Only if you're willing to take the other risks involved in direct die cooling, but if you're willing to do that then you should just go ahead and use liquid metal for the better performance.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:20 AM, Sfekke said:

I'll just stick to my tried and true Artic Silver 5...

So you like inferior pastes with a long cure time and a slight risk of electrical conductivity? Strange...

Arctic Silver 5 used to be alright but it has been surpassed and there really isn't any reason to use it anymore.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 5/1/2018 at 11:47 PM, SkilledRebuilds said:

iE - VRM Kits you can buy that have thermal pads under the heatsinks....

It wouldn't work because the IC Graphic pad is too thin, it would also be a horrible idea because the IC Graphite pad is electrically conductive.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 4/29/2018 at 3:43 PM, Zerim said:

Looking at the Bulk Thermal Compound video, you guys used some generic Chinese paste off Amazon. Kind of disappointing that you guys do all this testing of "GaMeR gRaDe" TIM and don't even look at professional bulk stuff (that's also often cheaper than $100/kg), like from Wakefield Vette, Laird, Bergquist, Aavid, MG Chemicals, Chemtronics, etc. 

According to this paper, Dow makes thermal compound 4x better than Arctic Silver, and don't lie about it.

Thanks for that link, I just bought some of that compound and shipping is going to LTT.

So, any store in the world or EU that accepts PayPal and ships this product to the EU (or more specifically, the Netherlands)? Amazon doesn't ship this to the EU it seems.

Ye ole' train

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, what's the overall consensus on this so far? The reviews on amazon seem to be great and it's making seriously consider the product. I have repasted my Acer Nitro 791g with gelid gc extreme and prolimatech pk3 over the past 3 years and they both would fail within 6 months (aka temps were great but slowly climb up to crappy levels over the months). I assume this is due to the pump out effect. So IC graphite would be a game changer for me. 

Acer Nitro VN-7 791G  i7-4720HQ, 8GB RAM, GTX 950M, 275GB MX300 SSD

Anyone know of any good options to get this in Canada (more specifically Toronto)? I'd like to get my hands on this but it's not in stock on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com won't ship here and I haven't seen it sold anywhere else.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, TrainerRyu said:

Anyone know of any good options to get this in Canada (more specifically Toronto)? I'd like to get my hands on this but it's not in stock on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com won't ship here and I haven't seen it sold anywhere else.

Thoughts?

Ebay?

11 hours ago, Redicat said:

Ebay?

I actually didn't think of eBay at first to be honest but they only seem to have the 30x30 size and I'm looking for the 40x40 one :\

On 5/25/2018 at 6:47 AM, MussInBoots said:

Hey, what's the overall consensus on this so far?

It's underwhelming, particularly in low-mounting pressure situations and it utterly fails at direct-die cooling.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 5/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, TrainerRyu said:

Thoughts?

They just rebranded some Panasonic Soft-PGS so that could be a better, and cheaper, option although you would have to cut it yourself instead of it coming in a pre-cut square.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

3 hours ago, Amaranth said:

It's underwhelming, particularly in low-mounting pressure situations and it utterly fails at direct-die cooling.

Hey, so it wouldn't work on a laptop as the die is directly exposed? I've read reviews on Amazon and it seems to be rather positive overall. 

Acer Nitro VN-7 791G  i7-4720HQ, 8GB RAM, GTX 950M, 275GB MX300 SSD

I ordered a couple of these to try out on my new build.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

19 hours ago, MussInBoots said:

Hey, so it wouldn't work on a laptop as the die is directly exposed?

Yes, because of the low pressure of mounting systems found on laptops the pad doesn't perform well.

Here is an example result from someone who got into the early tests of the IC Graphite and tried it on a mobile CPU and you can find plenty of similar results over on the Notebook Review Forums.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

• 2 months later...

Anyone ever try this on a Fat ps3? I plan on replacing the thermal paste and this seems like a great long term solution. I also have a 1tb 860 evo for it as well.

Hi to everyone.

I'm quite interested in this pad, and I've read here on Linus forums that it should be a Panasonic thermal pad rebranded IC.

Speaking of tests and temps, does someone know at which regular thermal past could it be compare to, so to see how it performs comparing it to Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, that as I know is the best thermal non-LM compound??

Thank you.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:55 PM, PIRATA! said:

I've read here on Linus forums that it should be a Panasonic thermal pad rebranded IC.

It is.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

2 hours ago, Amaranth said:

It is.

Do you Havre the exact model number of the Panasonic thermal pad, as the IC one is hard to find....and probably more expensive? 

Thank you.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:46 PM, PIRATA! said:

Do you Havre the exact model number of the Panasonic thermal pad, as the IC one is hard to find....and probably more expensive?

The EYG-S0918ZLX2 pad is the same as the one used by IC Diamond.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

• 9 months later...

I tested this, un-scientifically, on a hot Phenom II X4 140w CPU and a Master cooler AIO.  Temps went up from 62c under kryonaut to to 65c with the thermal pad.  But...  All the cores remained the same temp across the board or within 1c of each other.  Could the pad be transferring heat latterly better than paste?  Can Linus or someone perform a test on Hot Spots to see if the pad works better at controlling this over paste?  Maybe a CPU that suffers from Hot Spots might benefit using a pad over paste?

• 6 months later...

Can you use this in place of liquid metal as a die-to-IHS interface? I feel like as an IHS-to-cooler interface it's...middle of the road at best but what about beneath the IHS?