low fps problem is it worth upgrade

you all seem to be confusing the guy he has never built or upgraded a pc befor and from what i understand he needs a new motherboard and chip what ramm hase he got what power supply has he got what form factor is the motherboard he is replacing?

also does he actually need an i7 chip would an i5 be better for him what resolution is he gaming at is he live streaming making utube videos if he is only gaming a i5 would be good enought and forget about xeon cpus lets make this a good rig without making it to coplicated

Just now, dragonhart6505 said:

No. 4000 series chips from Intel only support DDR3 ram

@dragonhart6505 could you recommand a good motherboard?

2 minutes ago, danny barzilay said:

whats your budget for a motherboard? also what country you living in is it USA europe or somewhere else

1 minute ago, danny barzilay said:

Unfortunately no. I have a mobo that supports overclock, but as I said I got it free for building for a friend and a non-k CPU so I have no experience overclocking it yet. Someone else with more experience in these chips could certainly give you better support. I just threw my 2 cents into the mix to help keep your confusion down...simplify the solution for you, as in plug and play. Hope I did an ok job there at least.

52 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

you all seem to be confusing the guy he has never built or upgraded a pc befor and from what i understand he needs a new motherboard and chip what ramm hase he got what power supply has he got what form factor is the motherboard he is replacing?

also does he actually need an i7 chip would an i5 be better for him what resolution is he gaming at is he live streaming making utube videos if he is only gaming a i5 would be good enought and forget about xeon cpus lets make this a good rig without making it to coplicated

i really dont know how to check all those stuff, and no im not a utuber or a streamer im just playing video games for fun my favorite one is the divsion like i said im runnig the game on 60-50 fps while fighting playrs and i will just want cpu that ill be able to run the game on 110-120 fps (144hz montior)

50 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

whats your budget for a motherboard? also what country you living in is it USA europe or somewhere else

i live in israel and my budget is around 250-350$ for cpu and motherboard

46 minutes ago, dragonhart6505 said:

Unfortunately no. I have a mobo that supports overclock, but as I said I got it free for building for a friend and a non-k CPU so I have no experience overclocking it yet. Someone else with more experience in these chips could certainly give you better support. I just threw my 2 cents into the mix to help keep your confusion down...simplify the solution for you, as in plug and play. Hope I did an ok job there at least.

@dragonhart6505 thanks for the help

here is the link to the israel ebay website i have looked for z97 chipset motherboards with cpus

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Motherboard-CPU-Combos/131511/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=z97+motherboard

if you see anything you like give us the link and we will tell you if it is any good but with your budget an i5 is the best cpu motherbord combo you will most likly find

if i will have only money for a motherboard with a i5 or money for just a i7-4790k - 4770k what would you recommand would be the best option? to getting better performance in games (fps) 

@thanos999

15 hours ago, danny barzilay said:

i upgraded from a gtx 1050 ti to a gtx 1070. with a i5 4460s everytime i fight players in the divsion i get around 50-60 fps on all settings low also 1150 resolution and i have been told i should buy the i7-4770k would it make me get around 120-130 fps?

have any off you actually read the original post hes getting 50 60 fps in the division is that game fps locked to 50 60 fps so in otherwords does he actually need an upgrade what other games does he play are they experiancing similar fps frame rates?

28 minutes ago, danny barzilay said:

if i will have only money for a motherboard with a i5 or money for just a i7-4790k - 4770k what would you recommand would be the best option? to getting better performance in games (fps) 

@thanos999

do you only do gaming ? if so an i5 will be good enought an i7 will only increase your frame rate by about 2 or 3 frames a second if you are making utube videos streaming on twitch or doing stuff with video editing then an i7 will be a better option

24 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

have any off you actually read the original post hes getting 50 60 fps in the division is that game fps locked to 50 60 fps so in otherwords does he actually need an upgrade what other games does he play are they experiancing similar fps frame rates?

no the game dosent cap at 60 fps, im able to get above 80 fps while not fighting players but when i shot or in area with alot of players my fps drops to 50 i also have a 144hz montior and that happen to me on fornite aswell playing with 130-140 fps then fighting players fps droping to 90-100

20 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

do you only do gaming ? if so an i5 will be good enought an i7 will only increase your frame rate by about 2 or 3 frames a second if you are making utube videos streaming on twitch or doing stuff with video editing then an i7 will be a better option

@thanos999 im only playing video games, i dont edit / recored

Just now, thanos999 said:

personally save your money i dont think you actually need an upgrade

i really like the game but its not enjoyable playing on 50 fps 

dont you think if i upgrade my cpu and put all settings on low i will get 120+ fps?

@thanos999

its not worth it you dont need 120+ fps  and the chip upgrade wont improve your performance by much  you can turn down your resolution  if you want to play at 120+ fps

out off interest what resolution are you currently playing at?

7 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

its not worth it you dont need 120+ fps  and the chip upgrade wont improve your performance by much  you can turn down your resolution  if you want to play at 120+ fps

out off interest what resolution are you currently playing at?

@thanos999 im actally playing on 1150x1024 im preety sure

i did a fps test and it said my averge fps is around 140 but in game i never reached that amount of fps while playing 

https://gyazo.com/fede50091a37f851755716aeebc68a3d

and yes, i really want to play on around 100 fps becuse im playing on a 144hz montior and right now playing on 50-60 fps really dosent feel smooth for me. so its a huge diffrent i also have been told my cpu is bottlenecking my fps or something like that

don't some high refresh monitors 'require' displayport use for high FPS/refresh over hdmi due to version/compatibility issues?

is this a g-sync or freesync monitor?

Just now, airdeano said:

don't some high refresh monitors 'require' displayport use for high FPS/refresh over hdmi due to version/compatibility issues?

is this a g-sync or freesync monitor?

its a freesync montior

using a displayport or hdmi port?

what monitor and what GPU are you using?

3 minutes ago, danny barzilay said:

@thanos999 didnt understand, what is this link answring?

if you go to bottom off page there are other links that might help explain how to get the fps you want

26 minutes ago, airdeano said:

using a displayport or hdmi port?

what monitor and what GPU are you using?

@airdeano i have a msi gtx 1070 with a i5 4460s dont really know how the others (sorry im new)

@thanos999 i was thikning about buying a ryzen 5 1600 alot of pepole told me that will solve the problem, but then i will have to replace motherboard, and also ram. so i will have to buy 3 things that cost alot of money.

11 minutes ago, danny barzilay said:

@thanos999 i was thikning about buying a ryzen 5 1600 alot of pepole told me that will solve the problem, but then i will have to replace motherboard, and also ram. so i will have to buy 3 things that cost alot of money.

yes it will i just built a new ryzen 5 2600 board chip and ramm that cost me £500 and i hope to replace the gpu as well but originally i was only going to replace the gpu the only reason i upgraded the motherboard and chip was becaus my i7 3770k motherboard developed a fault that i couldnt fix and a secondhand motherboard was more expensive than a new one so i thought i might as well build a new system

we all face this problem is it better to buy a second hand part thats got no gaurantee that it works or buy new with a gaurantee

@thanos999 even if i had a new motherboard, a new ram i really dont know how to replace them, to replace my gpu i had to get my pc into a pc strore then i paid them to do it, i think ill just go for the i5-i7 4770-4790 still is there a diffrence between them for gaming? i dont edit / upload / stream

@thanos999 also i did a fps test, that the game offers it said my averge fps is 140 but im not even close to getting 140 fps while playing the game 

https://gyazo.com/fede50091a37f851755716aeebc68a3d

2 minutes ago, danny barzilay said:

@thanos999 even if i had a new motherboard, a new ram i really dont know how to replace them, to replace my gpu i had to get my pc into a pc strore then i paid them to do it, i think ill just go for the i5-i7 4770-4790 still is there a diffrence between them for gaming? i dont edit / upload / stream

there isnt much off a differanc for gaming if you upgrade the chip the best upgrade you can do for gaming is a new graphics card but you have already upgraded that you can turn your resolution down is really the only other option if you do decide to upgrade you need the i5 you dont need the i7

and you can save some money buy learning how to build a pc if you have a place nearby that hase scrap pcs get one off them and take it apart and then put it back together if it costs you $5 or $10 it will be money well spent save you tacking it in to a pc store and paying $25 each time something goes wrong there are plenty off youtube videos on how to build pcs and also there are forums like this where we can help by giving advice you never now you might enjoy it and you can help friends and family when there computer breaks you might even make a little money doing it