Is any USB-C charger SAFE to use on any USB-C device ?

BrightShadowDK

My son just bought the "samsung galaxy A8" and i has a "acer chromebook spin 11" wich is the only USB type C charger i got at my place..
is it safe to use a charger that delivers 5V - 9V - 15V og 20V ?

I know that charging a 1A-2A device on a 3A charger is not a problem, as the device only takes what it needs..

But how is the voltage regulated ? 

many devices i actively switching between 110V AC and 220VAC !

and it should not be possible to plug in an USB C standard devices, and kill them when the plug fits !?

i hope someone has some ironcloud facts.. ? 

his phone has it's own power brick that delivers enough power for the phone, and it also comes with a charging cable (probably type c to type c, could be type a to type c)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

You dont seem to get my point: his charger is at his mom´s place, so he needs to use an other and just wants to know if he can use any usb-c charger.. no matter who he visits.. 

USB-C should have power negotiation: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/159552/how-does-a-usb-c-port-provide-the-power-to-charge-laptops

So yes, the charger would be safe to use.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Thank you very much it makes sense and is backed up by documentation..