How is Dell inspiron flagship i7-7700hq 16gb RAM GTX 1050 for computer science engineering student with specialization in cybersecurity?

I need this for college purposes as well as internships and external courses (cybersecurity/CEH/Networking/Bug-Bounty Hunting etc.)

Don't know about the system itself, but the specs are good.  You can run Kali on far less.

There's a newer model: G5 and G7 with CFL-H CPU

What's your budget? Do you have any special requirements? Where are you from?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

It's about as big as you would want a laptop to be for all day carrying around. The battery is very good for a gaming laptop and the build is decently solid. The cooling is excellent. 

One minor drawback is that the screen flexes. Not the hinge, the actual screen. It doesn't impact usage at all but it does look kinda cheap.

That's an F in the profile pic

4 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

It's about as big as you would want a laptop to be for all day carrying around. The battery is very good for a gaming laptop and the build is decently solid. The cooling is excellent. 

One minor drawback is that the screen flexes. Not the hinge, the actual screen. It doesn't impact usage at all but it does look kinda cheap.

How is FHD Anti-glare LED-Backlit display?

18 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

There's a newer model: G5 and G7 with CFL-H CPU

What's your budget? Do you have any special requirements? Where are you from?

I am from India. Budget is 1000-1200 usd and requirements have been mentioned

30 minutes ago, deadpoolio said:

How is FHD Anti-glare LED-Backlit display?

The IPS panel has pretty good colours, but doesn't get too bright. It's usable in the light but it's not going to be incredibly clear. It doesn't glare much. 

While the laptop is excellent, new laptops with 6 core CPUs are out, and I would recommend one of those. 

46 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

The IPS panel has pretty good colours, but doesn't get too bright. It's usable in the light but it's not going to be incredibly clear. It doesn't glare much. 

While the laptop is excellent, new laptops with 6 core CPUs are out, and I would recommend one of those. 

My budget is a bit tight and i would change my laptop after 3-4 yrs. I found 

2018 Dell Flagship Inspiron 15 Gaming Laptop, 15.6” FHD Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display, Intel Core i7-7700HQ (Up to 3.8GHz), 16GB DDR4 SDRAM, 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, Win 10

around 900$. I haven't even started the college yet.

For cybersecurity and networking, you probably need linux in vm's to test things, 2 to 3 at the same time is not uncommon. So I would get a hex core, 32GB RAM (Can upgrade later or DIY), and a 15 inch

Mind providing some links of online store in your country?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, Froody129 said:

I cannot find any reviews for this laptop.

Is the display clear enough for eveyday's use? 

16 minutes ago, deadpoolio said:

Search 'Dell 7567 Notebookcheck' or 'Dell 7577 Notebookcheck'. They have tested the IPS panel models (7567 has model with poor TN panel). It's totally fine for everyday use, as long as it's not TN panel.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 4/28/2018 at 4:57 PM, deadpoolio said:

Is the display clear enough for eveyday's use? 

Yes, there's nothing 'wrong' with the laptop. It's a solid all rounder for just about anything you can throw at it. There are lots of reviews on it