Java

aSPIRIn4

So...i kinda need to learn Java on my own ( I have average knowledge of c++ ).

What are the best sites to learn from ( like lynda ) ?.

4 minutes ago, aSPIRIn4 said:

So...i kinda need to learn Java on my own ( I have average knowledge of c++ ).

What are the best sites to learn from ( like lynda ) ?.

It is YouTube. Especially if you follow some java game programming tutorials and then try modifying the code in the video to your taste. 

I taught myself c++ in a week and a half that way.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

It is YouTube. Especially if you follow some java game programming tutorials and then try modifying the code in the video to your taste. 

I taught myself c++ in a week and a half that way.

The thing is that... i`m in college and i need to know "things" that the learn in college. Looking at some people modifying the code at a game does`t really teach me the syntax and other things about Java. That`s good only after i know some things about Java and i`t more like 4fun i think. I have to be able to solve problems and things like that.

13 minutes ago, aSPIRIn4 said:

The thing is that... i`m in college and i need to know "things" that the learn in college. Looking at some people modifying the code at a game does`t really teach me the syntax and other things about Java. That`s good only after i know some things about Java and i`t more like 4fun i think. I have to be able to solve problems and things like that.

You don’t need to go to college for that. I can guaranteed you that if you spend 2 hours a day for an entire month hacking away at others code, you will learn more than an entire semester of college intro programming classes. 

Oh did I mention college CS class is not about teaching you how to code? Out of dozens of CS courses offered at my school, only three is about teaching a specific programming language.

Sudo make me a sandwich