Assistance w/ NAT/disconnections at random

Let's start this off by saying I'm not the most competent at networking or networking solutions and it may take some time to reply to this thread as I'm on vacation.

So, over the last several months a few things have been happening with my ISP which is normally incredibly reliable and I suspect not hardware is my primary issue. Let's start with the primary problem, NAT, yes, hard to believe that NAT is still a thing in 2018, but alas it is.

On out network we currently have 2 xbox ones (one wired, one wireless, my roomy is an idiot) an xbox one x (wired), a google home wifi (wired bridge mode), multiple items on wireless including ps4's (multiple, but not active atm) and various other devices on wifi. I understand that having multiple consoles on a single signal can cause some issues regarding network allocation type. All consoles have their DNS set to automatic and the router/modem (Hitron CGNM-2250 I believe) is still set to the ISP's default DNS settings with ALL (yes it's stupid) firewall settings set to off.

Does anyone out there know if there is a way to free up my NAT? It's usually moderate with one occasionally hitting strict. Assistance is greatly appreciated.

My second issue I believe comes from hardware problems. Occasionally (not often or severe enough to pay major attention to) my wired connections (some times one, some times all of them) drop.... with wifi remaining strong from the source. I don't know why, but it kind of boggles my mind as I can't see a major issuing party on this. I have 3x 25 ft cat5e wired signals going to the router/modem with the router itself being plugged in directly into an outlet with no other sources drawing from it.I was concerned it might be power draw, but I don't think so. I've also ensured all the vents and whatnot are cleared and that the router/modem is in an open air area.

Once again, if someone has some knowledge in this area it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and knowledge in this matter!

The strict CaNATian

40 minutes ago, Xeno_The_Gamer said:

hard to believe that NAT is still a thing in 2018, but alas it is.

IPv6 is trying to fix this. Unfortunately the adaption process is going reaaaaaallly slow.

I'm just throwing this out here, who are curious what different NAT levels mean: https://serverfault.com/questions/208522/what-is-strict-moderate-and-open-nat

Unfortunately most consumer routers do not seem to have the option to configure the NAT level, at least I haven't seen one.

As for the cable connection - can you try temporarily another cable? If the WiFi connectivity remains and Ethernet dies, it's very likely your router that is struggling with it's duties and might need replacing. If it has any firmware updates available, it's worth trying them.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+