Nintendo files trademarks for Mario Party, Paper Mario, Punch Out! and more in Japan

Master Disaster

So this in itself doesn't actually confirm anything however Nintendo do have a history of filing patent or trademarks before they announce a new product so it's very possible that we are going to see a new Mario Party on Switch and maybe an updated Punch Out game too.

The filings were made in Japan and the full list is Mario Party, Punch Out!, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario & Dr Mario.

Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for trademarks in Japan for Mario Tennis, Mario Party, Paper Mario, Dr. Mario and Punch-Out!!. All trademarks are for purposes of ‘video game program’ and ‘downloadable video game program’. Actual applications added below…

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_p7qzgfGiv51rmjx4g_500.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_p7qzggrQHx1rmjx4g_500.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_p7qzggDg6D1rmjx4g_500.jpg

Video game trademarks were filed for Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, Mario Party, and Punch Out were all filed on the 24th of April. Trademarks never mean anything certain, but it does give us a look into things Nintendo may be planning or wanting to develop, especially for the Nintendo Switch.

So yeah, as above these might not all be for Switch, non of them might be for Switch. It does however give us a hint at what Nintendo might be planning for the future.

Here's the rest of the filings

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_p7qzghJjj81rmjx4g_500.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_p7qzghCKxs1rmjx4g_500.jpg

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/173292324059

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-files-new-trademarks-for-mario-party-punch-out-and-more.502065/

The prospect of Paper Mario & Punch Out coming to Switch really excites me. I hope they're Switch games and not DS games.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Do they need to trademark something every time it comes out i always assumed that a trademark lasted for like 20 years

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

14 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Mario Party, Punch Out!, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario & Dr Mario.

all of them?!

i have really been wanting a new Paper Mario and i really want to see Mario Party on newer consoles as i think it's a great game to play with friends, i liked Paper Mario as a franchise as it was different than what Nintendo does with him normally, that dude who has been all about story in their games (i can't remember his name, can someone help me?), his visions are starting to affect the componey by creating new games out of older beloved franchises and i think it's a really good change for Nintendo

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N