Arctis 3 BT vs. Arctis 7

Noyu
Go to solution Solved by Tarun10,
51 minutes ago, Noyu said:

but how about sound degradation/latency over bluetooth vs proprietary wireless (probably 2.4GHz)

It uses the BT 4.1 protocol and there is no support for aptX so there will be some degradation in sound quality. Latency will not be noticeable unlessyou compare both of them at the same time. If you use BT and want to connect to other devices like smartphones, consoles over Bluetooth then go for the Arctis 3 however if you don't use that much BT and can manage with using a wired connection with your smartphone and other devices then the Arctis 7 should be better.

I think the Arctis 3 is a better value overall.

I do have the budget for the Arctis 7 but the Bluetooth on the 3 (meaning I can use it wirelessly with my phone) is really enticing.

Help me decide?

Is the sound quality and/or mic quality different?

EDIT: I don't care for surround 7.1

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

the sound quality and mic quality is the same on the whole arctis line-up, they use the exact same specs, the only difference is the way you can connect the headset. so i'd go with the arctis 3 BT

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

8 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

the sound quality and mic quality is the same on the whole arctis line-up, they use the exact same specs, the only difference is the way you can connect the headset. so i'd go with the arctis 3 BT

but how about sound degradation/latency over bluetooth vs proprietary wireless (probably 2.4GHz)

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

51 minutes ago, Noyu said:

It uses the BT 4.1 protocol and there is no support for aptX so there will be some degradation in sound quality. Latency will not be noticeable unlessyou compare both of them at the same time. If you use BT and want to connect to other devices like smartphones, consoles over Bluetooth then go for the Arctis 3 however if you don't use that much BT and can manage with using a wired connection with your smartphone and other devices then the Arctis 7 should be better.

I think the Arctis 3 is a better value overall.