FSP Hydro GE 650W 80+ Gold

Kristal
Go to solution Solved by OrionFOTL,

Hydro GE is nowhere near the quality of Hydro G. There's a photo of the insides:

image.png.0a8bb599cd5d5d8b34d0bf16b981dbbf.png

It's just the double-forward version of Raider II, but with Gold efficiency. Much closer to a Corsair CX-M or EVGA BQ than the half bridge LLC resonant Hydro G. Corsair CX and Be Quiet Pure Power 10 are already better, because the former is half bridge resonant, and the latter is active clamp reset forward.

Don't know much about it, but it seems about on-par, or just below, the Hydro G, so it looks like a decent option.

The EVGA 550G3 is on sale right now so perhaps go for that instead since it's tried and true.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Don't know much about it, but it seems about on-par, or just below, the Hydro G, so it looks like a decent option.

The EVGA 550G3 is on sale right now so perhaps go for that instead since it's tried and true.

But in my country, EVGA G3 550 is really expensive. Thus really keen in getting the FSP Hydro GE. It's roughly around $100 USD in my country (which is considered cheap for a gold rated 650w psu)

Hydro GE is nowhere near the quality of Hydro G. There's a photo of the insides:

It's just the double-forward version of Raider II, but with Gold efficiency. Much closer to a Corsair CX-M or EVGA BQ than the half bridge LLC resonant Hydro G. Corsair CX and Be Quiet Pure Power 10 are already better, because the former is half bridge resonant, and the latter is active clamp reset forward.

3 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

Oh ew, thank you for the information.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

9 hours ago, Kristal said:

But in my country, EVGA G3 550 is really expensive. Thus really keen in getting the FSP Hydro GE. It's roughly around $100 USD in my country (which is considered cheap for a gold rated 650w psu)

Can you share with us what "your country" is?  That could help us help you.

14 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Can you share with us what "your country" is?  That could help us help you.

I'm from Malaysia. :)

20 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

Rightttt. Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to consider if I want to pay more for Hydro G.