Dual 2011 Build. Need motherboard Help!

Just bought one of these to replace my aging dual xeon x5690 build... I got it on ebay in non working condition for $60 wondering if anyone can think of what the problem might be, with one cpu (e5-2670) vga disabled, and a graphics card in (gtx980ti) i can get video, and get into the bios, but it crashes randomly and freezes in the bios, does this with both cpu sockets, and no matter what ram configuration I use. The chipset heatsink isn't getting warm at all, and the vrms aren't either. every time i try to install the latest bios it gets to 10% then dies completely, wont work with the onboard vga for more that 45 seconds, i've already tried. any help would be appreciated as this was a total steal! <3161373_2245_draft.thumb.jpg.0a4f7e24343b059a1924ec41bdaeb8e7.jpg

If you received it knowing it was non-working then I can assume all the other component's aren't at fault.

Changing the BIOS chip is one option but you don't have the resources to do that. If that's even the cause of the issue which it's probably not. The only other thing I can think of would be to probe the motherboard for voltages. However without a schematic or working replicate there's no way to tell if the values you see are correct.

You could look over the board and see if anything looks bridged.

Only other option I see is try to RMA it. If you have the box you should be able to if it's within the ASUS service warranty (3 years) you'll need some proof of purchase though.

3 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

If you received it knowing it was non-working then I can assume all the other component's aren't at fault.

Changing the BIOS chip is one option but you don't have the resources to do that. If that's even the cause of the issue which it's probably not. The only other thing I can think of would be to probe the motherboard for voltages. However without a schematic or working replicate there's no way to tell if the values you see are correct.

You could look over the board and see if anything looks bridged.

Only other option I see is try to RMA it. If you have the box you should be able to if it's within the ASUS service warranty (3 years) you'll need some proof of purchase though.

Actually i do have the resources to flash and re update the bois i think ill try that