Why is that so expensive for only 16g

I want to buy amd ram for the ryzen 7 2700x the model that i am looking for gskill rgb 3200mhz 50% more expensive than the memory for intel is there another 16g kit for amd at 3200mhz for around 200usd???Help me pls

Memory is universal, no brand preference necessary.

Yep you read that right, RAM prices are going through the roof, they starting around third quarter of last year.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Corsair-Vengeance-3000MHz-Desktop-Memory/product/B0134EW7G8

They say it is because phone are now using the same DDR4 ram. But I think there are some shenanigans going on with the manufacturers.

*Edit

Oh I read your post wrong I thought you were complaining about why it is 200 not that you want it is be 200 haha. my bad. :) 

But yeah memory is memory should work for any processors. You can check you motherboard for supported memory if you want to be sure it will work.  

Secondary timings and shit are not universal between AMD and Intel.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

55 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

Yep you read that right, RAM prices are going through the roof, they starting around third quarter of last year.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Corsair-Vengeance-3000MHz-Desktop-Memory/product/B0134EW7G8

They say it is because phone are now using the same DDR4 ram. But I think there are some shenanigans going on with the manufacturers.

*Edit

Oh I read your post wrong I thought you were complaining about why it is 200 not that you want it is be 200 haha. my bad. :) 

But yeah memory is memory should work for any processors. You can check you motherboard for supported memory if you want to be sure it will work.  

58 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Memory is universal, no brand preference necessary.

Memory won't be able to reach max speed if it is not especially made for amd correct if I'm wrong though

8 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Memory won't be able to reach max speed if it is not especially made for amd correct if I'm wrong though

You are wrong, almost all kits work at advertised speeds now. BIOSes since Zen's launch have come really far.

8 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

No, I don't think that is correct.  

9 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

That is not correct. My memory wasn't "made for AMD" and yet it's just about perfectly optimized through manually tweaking timings and subtimings.

Memory, especially high quality memory that uses Samsung dies, is very expensive atm due to collusion between memory manufacturers to increase prices and pass it off as "demand is too high give us a break plz!"

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

5 hours ago, Phentos said:

That is not correct. My memory wasn't "made for AMD" and yet it's just about perfectly optimized through manually tweaking timings and subtimings.

Memory, especially high quality memory that uses Samsung dies, is very expensive atm due to collusion between memory manufacturers to increase prices and pass it off as "demand is too high give us a break plz!"

Conspiracy theories are not facts.

19 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

20 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

I want to buy amd ram for the ryzen 7 2700x the model that i am looking for gskill rgb 3200mhz 50% more expensive than the memory for intel is there another 16g kit for amd at 3200mhz for around 200usd???Help me pls

10 hours ago, Phentos said:

You can use any memory for any system Intel or AMD.

However, with Ryzen in the beginning there have been compatibility issues when it first came out, due to it being a new platform and BIOS'es not being optimized. Some kits would not work at full speed. Most good manufacturers should have updated BIOS by now that are compatible with most common brands of memory.

If you are unsure, check the website or manual of the motherboard for kits they have tested to work. They are not necessarily the expensive ones.