I am recently experiencing a weird issue with my system which is as follows:

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2GHz
Asus Crosshair V Formula
16GB G.Skill 1600MHz
MSI Radeon HD 7970 OC Boost 3GB
Sapphire R7 250 2GB

4 HDDs and an 840 EVO SSD from samsung.
LEPA 700W PSU 80+ gold

My issue is that yesterday i had my SSD stop functionning while i was using my computer, so i rebooted it with the case switch.
After that, my motherboard was looking for drives for a while and then ended up telling me there was no SSD.

I hard shut down my computer and then rebooted it, everything worked fine again.
Now about 15 mins ago i had the same thing happen to me.

I'm starting to wonder if my SSD is faulty (reported good by Samsung's Magician software and CrystalDiskInfo) or if this issue could be caused by the fact that I haven't used this system for a while and switched the motherboard two times (upgrades) without reinstalling the OS?
I can provide screenshots if needed, just ask if i missed any important infos!

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help.

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

If the montherboard couldn't find it when you rebooted that sounds like a hardware issue not software. I would guess the SSD is dying. The only time I have an SSD go out on me it did something similar, windows freezes rebooted and computer tried to find the boot drive and couldn't. Although mine never started working again. 

1 hour ago, Catsrules said:

If the montherboard couldn't find it when you rebooted that sounds like a hardware issue not software. I would guess the SSD is dying. The only time I have an SSD go out on me it did something similar, windows freezes rebooted and computer tried to find the boot drive and couldn't. Although mine never started working again. 

That's what i find funny. If i power off completely the computer and restart it, it's working fine

Check the SATA cables and power cables. Make sure they're inserted properly and haven't been bumped loose.

The SSD is the OS drive? What happens when it stops functioning while you're in windows?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Check the SATA cables and power cables. Make sure they're inserted properly and haven't been bumped loose.

The SSD is the OS drive? What happens when it stops functioning while you're in windows?

I recently rebuilt the whole system to install some new drives and clean it, cables are inserted properly i checked multiple times.

Yeah this is my OS drive. What happens is that everything that is in RAM (discord and such) still works but whenever i try to launch task manager or anything it just doesn't launch and everything starts "not responding" until i reset the whole computer.